Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

No Cooldown on Shield Wall in Cata

I was reading this thread http://irnub.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...&t=11&start=10 and a guy from the beta was saying how you can talent and glyph shield wall in the beta, making it both instant cast and with no cooldown, so prot warriors were exploiting it by ALWAYS having shield wall up and AOE grinding/instancing.

I suppose they fixed it, because the new glyph ADDS two minutes, but makes it reduce 80% incoming damage rather than 40% (so 4 minutes for 80% reduction, compared to 2 minutes with 40% reduction.)

The guy said this:
    Assuming a 4 minute encounter, you could use it twice and reduce the damage by 40% each time, or with this new setup use it once and reduce a period of damage by 80%. I suppose it will simply depend on what the incoming damage is as to which setup is more viable, or if that 80% is truly needed to survive, such as a high-powered dragon's breath on a less than adequately geared tank.
    What are your thoughts?

Ill do the same thing I do now. Carry stacks of glyphs and change them depending on the encounter I am working on.

And lol at it being instant cast? wat

10+ Year Old Account
    OH MAH GOD HES CASTING SHIELD WALL INTERRUPT IT WTF ITS INSTANT!
    sorry that came to my mind :P

OT: i think its pretty fun to play with either 2 medium CDs or one ultimate oh shit button with the glyph. Gonna carry around some glyphs for Bosses with random oneshot abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    OH MAH GOD HES CASTING SHIELD WALL INTERRUPT IT WTF ITS INSTANT!
    sorry that came to my mind :P

OT: i think its pretty fun to play with either 2 medium CDs or one ultimate oh shit button with the glyph. Gonna carry around some glyphs for Bosses with random oneshot abilities.
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to carry around glyphs anymore. Once you learn a glyph, you can reapply again whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to carry around glyphs anymore. Once you learn a glyph, you can reapply again whenever you want.
    I'd like to see the source on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I'd like to see the source on that.
    I think he means in Cata. They tossed around the idea of making glyphs a 1 time learn deal. Haven't heard anything official in a few weeks about it. Im too lazy to find the blue post, but here is the information from the press event on wow.com wow.com/2010/06/13/cataclysm-press-event-new-expansion-details

Quote Originally Posted by macazine View Post
    Glyphs may become permanent additions. You purchase it, you learn it and then you always know it. You can only use three of each type of glyph at a time, but you can switch them freely after learning it.

I figured he meant cata. Anyways, thanks for the source.
    Hmmm. Would raise the price of glyphs to a whole lot more profitable selling point.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunate that it would be a one time sale...seems like after a few months sales for glyphs would plummet!