Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Berserker rage in berserker stanc e only

SO yeah....what's up with that? That ability is vital to PvP warriors, its not like we're fear immune like we used to be in TBC. Most good warlocks can still fearlock warriors. This change is entirely unfounded. Don't really know where Blizzard is going with it but I don't like it.

That said, the other changes seem great, I'm super happy about piercing howl being moved up to tier 2 fury. Though that means I'll be having to miss out on 7 second spell reflection cd.

They might be trying to make fury extra viable or something but this definitely isn't the right way to go about it. All they really need to do is change furious attacks to proc 100% of the time off of raging blow or something and they'll find they've basically fixed the problem. (or so I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Also a shame is that you don't get the fear immunity as a tank or the extra rage generation, considering it will be alot easier to rage starve yourself. Too bad but we'll survive ofc, we get alot of nice stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

1) It's Beta
    2) It's Beta
    3) Learn 2 stance dance like the days of vanilla!
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

I don't like it myself one bit, even though I'm an absolutely pure pve warrior myself so can't say I care much anyway, but still it's still beta. They probably wanna see how warriors will do without it against locks, because currently no matter how skilled lock is, he's a free kill for a warrior.
    But I'm hoping they gonna revert it back, or we'll become pretty much a free kill for shadow priests that way, who can already put quite a resistance...

Most good warlocks can still fearlock warriors
    Really? With berserker rage and diminishing returns on fear? Sorry but that's a bs.

I hope it won't come to it, we have to stance dance alot as is, it's really bad, hard and annoying. Probably main reason why I don't often pvp on my warrior is stance dancing.
    Last edited by VincentWolf; 2010-07-21 at 05:47 PM.

Stance Dancing would be alright if it didn't involve clunky ass macros that failed you sometimes.

Other classes can get access to defensive/offensive abilities in 1 GCD, but for warriors its 2-4+.

I don't think switching to berserker stance while you're tanking a boss is the most clever thing to do really
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums View Post
    1) It's Beta
    2) It's Beta
    I really hate when people say this.
    If you aren't going to complain about changes or mechanics in BETA then they will go live. Which is stupid.
    The fact it's Beta is NOT reason to not mention something. It's actually more reason than usual to mention it.
    To voice and prevent things going live which shouldn't.

The entire point of Beta is to find irregularities, bugs, and things that either dont work or are too weak/powerful.

Secondly in Classic our main stance (Arms) was Berserker stance anyway right now it's not. So it's much less acceptable, for tanks it's silly to go into berserker but atleast it's predictable to know when you'll be feared.

We didn't always have Berserker rage in all forms, originally we had to stance dance to use it. Stance Dancing was never difficult and decent warriors didn't have a problem with it. Its not really that big of a deal. Im not 100% sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when a warrior changes stances only their stances are on CD, they can still use their abilities, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    I don't think switching to berserker stance while you're tanking a boss is the most clever thing to do really
    Tanks for the most part use berserker rage when the fear is predictable, which the majority of the time is when it is being cast. Cast = no melee swings = no damage taken = safe to stance dance.
    Last edited by Lady Mormont; 2010-07-21 at 06:01 PM.

They need to make stances more fun, I hate stance macros and I hate when warriors think they need them. Removing some of the penalties from stances would be a good start and adding a few incentives to switch for all specs(like WW knocking mobs back if you have a shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    Stance Dancing would be alright if it didn't involve clunky ass macros that failed you sometimes.

Other classes can get access to defensive/offensive abilities in 1 GCD, but for warriors its 2-4+.
    Ever stop and think they are buffing/changing us enough to where we don't have to stance dance and shouldn't stance dance

Quote Originally Posted by battosi08 View Post
    We didn't always have Berserker rage in all forms, originally we had to stance dance to use it. Stance Dancing was never difficult and decent warriors didn't have a problem with it. Its not really that big of a deal. Im not 100% sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when a warrior changes stances only their stances are on CD, they can still use their abilities, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Yes stances have their own seperate GCD.
    The issue is that back in classic when we had it tanks were the only ones who really had to stance dance to activate it. This is fine because it's predictable when you're gonna be feared in pve.

Not to mention theres also the issue of stance latency which means you might not always be able to instantly activate an ability that has a required stance, there is a slight delay. Thats why issues can sometimes happen with spell reflect for example.

Deleted
    Well truth is even as an arms warrior you should be fighting caster classes in Berserker stance anyway.

all the baddie warriors complaining about stance dancing. Warriors are fine right now, I actually like the fact that most people don't play my class cuz its actually complicated

Encounters no longer absolutely require dancing fear like they used to, as there are 3 other perfectly viable tanking classes now that don't have the exact same mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    Well truth is even as an arms warrior you should be fighting caster classes in Berserker stance anyway.
    What?
    If you're talking about right now on live, thats terrible because you lose access to UA and you lose alot of damage.
    If you're talking about on Cata Beta it's still terrible because WW does horrible single target damage.

You should be in battle stance, and you should be aiming to UA a cast unless it's a CC in which case you try to stance dance pummel it before the cast finishes.
    Which taking haste spell cast times and stance latency into account is very hard and clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak View Post
    If you aren't going to complain about changes or mechanics in BETA then they will go live. Which is stupid.
    The fact it's Beta is NOT reason to not mention something. It's actually more reason than usual to mention it.

The entire point of Beta is to find irregularities, bugs, and things that either dont work or are too weak/powerful.

Secondly in Classic our main stance (Arms) was Berserker stance anyway right now it's not. So it's much less acceptable, for tanks it's silly to go into berserker but atleast it's predictable to know when you'll be feared.
    1000 times this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler

We did not change Berserker Rage.
    Don't trust everything datamined next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak View Post

Complaining on forums won't change things. If you're in beta and don't like it say that in the beta. He's right with his three points. It's beta. Are you in beta? If so, complain there. If not. complain out loud to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We did not change Berserker Rage.
    Stop complaining about it.

Its was only usable in Berserker Stance until not too long ago..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us