Thread: Earthquake Fix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    To be honest, a 1.5 second cast, no channeling after that, and a 10 second cooldown would be sufficient. This would allow us to use it in conjunction with magma totem and our single target rotation.
    The problem is just that
    a) it would become part of elemental shamans single target rotation (which I guess Blizzard doesn't want) or
    b) deal pathetic damage so elemental shamans wont use it in said rotation

i think blizzards main intent with the spell was to give elemental a comparable aoe like what other casters have and that the knockdown is just some additional flavor ( an earthquake knocks you down, naturally ) without having a reliable chance on it to keep people from using it on pvp.

blizz could remove the cd, but put in a minimum range to avoid ele going into melee because they would lose so much dps in the time they went in, dropped magma and casted fn/ts, walking out starting to cast eq, that i´d be not worth it.

another way would be to lock out/surpress magma/fire elemental totem while earthquake is channeled etc, there are ways for all that.

i´d also like to see magma totem merged into fire nova for some kinda aoe flame shock, that´s usable without totem, radiating from the caster.

ele would have it´s (baseline) ranged aoe like it should be and enh would have his mobile aoe, like the other melee´s have it. => happy end
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Building off of Omanley's thoughts, the easy solution is to make magma/nova a lesser DPS investment compared to Earthquake. Relegate it to the land of Enhancement when they want to do additional AoE, and give EQ to those who want to stay at range. Might also end the EQ-as-31-talent QQ when it's "OMG so much better than magma/novazzzz! Must get EQ!"

To me, Earthquake is like a Frost mage's Blizzard spell when it's talented to also have a slow effect, accept (right now anyway) Earthquake does jack nothing for damage.

Earthquake should be an Elemental shaman's "go to" AoE damage spell and leave magma totem+fire nova to Enhancement, even move talents around or add earthquake damage to the same talents as the nova one currently (Call of Flame/Improved Fire Nova)

Keep the talents in Elemental to give Enhance off-tree talents to pick up for added AoE, but tie them to EQ too is all i'm saying to make it a better PvE AoE.

Make the knockdown % a talent or even better a glyph for PvP Elemental shaman, and buff the 31 pt talent ability to something useful in PvE IMO.

That way PvE and PvP elem shaman should still want to spend the point for their top-tier talent.

I guess that all depends on the Glyph revisions/additions they make.

"Mandatory" glyphs are never good, but a glyph (not prime) to add some utility/PvP use to a 31 pt talent is the perfect solution IMO.
    Last edited by heerobya; 2010-07-23 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Basement-dwelling gaming nerds who honestly think they can do a better job designing video games than a professional, multi-million dollar game development company that has been around for decades and has thousands of top-notch developers in it's pay-roll make me chuckle.
    Actually, alot of the guys that work in the field used to be Basement-dwelling gaming nerds who honestly thought they could do a better job designing video games than the professional, multi-million dollar game development company that has been around for decades and has thousands of top-notch developers in it's pay-roll.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."