Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Even if freedom was immune to dispel we would still have to run at our normal +115% speed to the target. Assuming they start running when we are 20 yards away and they have run speed enchant it will still take us over 310 seconds to get within melee range assuming they use no CC at all during the chase.

Now if they made freedom immune to dispel when cast on self then changed pursuit of justice to give us a mini version of sprint say +30% run speed for the duration of freedom when you cast it on yourself then we may have some potential to close gaps. It would still leave us vulnerable to CC when freedom is down & still vulnerable to stuns, disorients, polymorph, fear etc when it is up but at least it would be a real chance to get into melee unlike what we have now & are headed for.
    Have you faced a mage as retri paladin at this time? They die like hell if we reach them, the only thing is that they just dispell the only thing we have to get close to them.

OT: I think that Hand of Freedom should remove all kind of CC, would fit better to the name "Freedom" B-)

Quote Originally Posted by conaan View Post
    heres the story, rets ask for interrupt, plain old interrupt, they get it, someone complains its too plain
    HAHA, this a thousand times
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    HAHA, this a thousand times
    That would be valid, if you could prove that every ret thought an interupt was the biggest improvement the class needed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show, no matter WHAT, people will bitch about ret paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousD View Post
    Was anybody else hoping that since they gave kitties and bears a cool mechanic on top their interrupt maybe rets would get something neat too?

I'm not gonna lie, as it currently stands, ret looks pretty boring. I'm not going to comment on whether its going to be good or not, I just think the class looks like it got taken to pieces and not put back together very well.
    :/
    they give you an interrupt and your still not happy / choose to cry about it...guess people really will cry about anything...

no one cares if you don't think its cool, don't play a pally then, your not being forced to

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the ret interrupt? Must have missed it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I don't see the problem. You have your interrupt. An interrupt is an interrupt, do you hear rogues complaining their kick doesnt show lightning sparkles or that counterspell doesnt fire a kamehameha along?

Was the 5 yard range on rebuke officially confirmed? It says "melee range" on the Cataclysm Talent Calculator TT and 5 Yd range on the Beta skills/talents.

5 yards = melee range

I had been planning on switching to from Ret to Holy for my offspec, come Cataclysm, but seeing how sweet the latest batch of changes is makes me think I'll stick with it, especially because I'll continue to be able to PVP passably without a dedicated spec for it.