Cata MArks Build

Lysah, Chelate, if this isn't allowed in your forum then by all means remove it.

Just a simple marks build I came up with during the last beta patch talent tree update. If anyone has any other tree ideas, post them!

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=DIR2E7-.9ob.hunter

EDIT: Accidentally capitalized the A in marks... my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

I don't really understand the reason for taking 3/3 in Resistance is Futile. I know you have to take 1 point in it to get to Marked for Death (which seems dumb), but the other two points are better spent in Bombardment even though that talent is pretty weak, too. I also might take a point from Rapid Killing and put it in Hunter vs. Wild for the AP boost.

Q. Concerning Marksmanship hunters, why is the PvP talent Resistance is Futile a prerequisite for PvE talent Marked for Death?
    A. In an upcoming build it won’t be a prerequisite, and we want to change it to proc a free Kill Command instead of an instant critical.
    This was from the Twitter Dev Chat, so it won't be a prerequisite soon enough. I do hope that they will rearrange the talents a little bit when they make it not be a prerequisite because if they leave the talents the way they are you will still have to put a point in either Bombardment or RiF if you want to continue to put talents elsewhere.
    Last edited by Littlenino; 2010-07-21 at 11:03 PM.

Why wouldn't this be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why wouldn't this be allowed?
    In case countless cata talent tree spec posting was going to flood your forum sir, I was just making sure there wasn't any rule against posting cata stuff here.

Didn't wanna step on anyones toes

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

I was originally planning on keeping it all localized in a few threads, to be honest. However, Cataclysm has become so new and shiny that people have hardly stopped caring about WotLK at all (as if we cared much before the NDA lift), and this forum would have next to no new threads if I did that.

Therefore, I'll allow people to post whatever, as long as it's constructive and of hunters.

There's no reason whatsoever to be looking at raiding specs atm, cos they're still WIP. For leveling in beta, i'm currently speced as http://www.wowtal.com/#k=RId4xFb.9ob.hunter

Im currently unable to build a PvE Marks spec due to Resistance is Futile being the pre-req to Marked for Death. I will be to when the next beta build (hopefully) removes the pre-req. Till than, its kinda hard to finalize a real spec.