Thread: Am I Insane?

Am I Insane?

As the title says, I'm kind of pondering on the fact whether I'm crazy, the reason why is because a while back ago the guild I was raiding with kind of broke up and I decided I wanted to reroll a priest for cataclysm. I would really like to get in a guild that has progressed well through Wotlk so that I can do the hard modes in Cataclysm. With Wotlk being closer and closer to ending, I guess now would be my best chance to get into said guild based on the fact a lot of people stop playing at the end of an expansion aswell as my hope that many guilds would be less picky of gear at the end of the expansion. I guess my question is MMO-Champion, is even a possibility or am I just too optimistic? Thanks for reading

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. But if this guild is trying to progress deeper in LK Hard modes and RS, they might not want a undergeared priest with them

you'll still need abit of gear, you can't say like "HAI GUISE I JUST DINGED 80 CAN I HAZ JOIN UR GUILD HERP DERP"

Deleted
    Perhaps earlier on while doing heroics and the like you can impress a prospective GM or a member of a guild that could recommend you to their GM with your skill even if you are lacking gear. Gearing a skilled player might seem like a good investment to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    you'll still need abit of gear, you can't say like "HAI GUISE I JUST DINGED 80 CAN I HAZ JOIN UR GUILD HERP DERP"
    Absolutely, I have no intentions of getting the 80 achievement and even being looked at by any guild or any pugs for that matter, and also saying that wouldn't help either.

Thanks for the comments everyone

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reaction View Post
    Gearing a skilled player might seem like a good investment to them.
    Thanks for this, this is something I just needed to hear from someone else and just not myself repeating it in my mind lol

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crazin View Post
    I don't know. But if this guild is trying to progress deeper in LK Hard modes and RS, they might not want a undergeared priest with them
    This is probably the biggest concern that any guild would have, that's why I chose to level now in hopes that right now and in the future as Wotlk is closer to ending, that might not be as important as other things to them.

I would suggest applying for a social position, rather than trying to get geared solo and apply for a raiding position. As a social member you would probably be able to get in on some alt runs, and prove yourself there, as well as get to know the members of the guild, and let them get to know you. After that, then you could reapply from within the guild to a raiding position, if they decline, you still have you social spot, as well as potential alt runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollarsign View Post
    As the title says, I'm kind of pondering on the fact whether I'm crazy, the reason why is because a while back ago the guild I was raiding with kind of broke up and I decided I wanted to reroll a priest for cataclysm. I would really like to get in a guild that has progressed well through Wotlk so that I can do the hard modes in Cataclysm. With Wotlk being closer and closer to ending, I guess now would be my best chance to get into said guild based on the fact a lot of people stop playing at the end of an expansion aswell as my hope that many guilds would be less picky of gear at the end of the expansion. I guess my question is MMO-Champion, is even a possibility or am I just too optimistic? Thanks for reading
    My suggestion is to be wary of guilds that don't have a way to sign up or fill out at an app. Look the other way when they invite you without watching how to tank/heal/dps in a heroic or other random non-important raid.

When you find that one, that's your guild.

I agree with Greel... probably your best bet! Good luck

As long as you can demonstrate you're a skilled healer most guilds won't think twice about recruiting. Getting full 264/277 takes all of a couple weeks now anyway.

Hey guys thanks for all the suggestion, its really nice to see a lot of good comments