Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle Rez for engineers???

Ok so i was thinking about it , and i think something very nice for engineers in cata would be a battle rez!

ok now before you all scream its gonna be overpowered, remember blizz has said they will set a cap to how many battle rezzes can be used in 1 battle ( they said 1 for 10, probly 2-3 for 25)

also they said they will be changing soulstones to make them work like a b rez now ( u cast it when the player is alrdy dead

remember, rezzing has always been a cool trick to do for engineers ( for classes with no rez ofc) , and i think with cata it wud be nice to give us this nice trick to add to our book of tricks.

soooo what do u guys think?

---------- Post added 2010-07-22 at 10:03 AM ----------

i also forgot to mention. but i think this wud go well with blizz 'S philosophy of bring the player not class ( just like mages r gettin bloodlust too, and we can buy scrolls to do buffs if we missing classes, now if u have an engineer it can bring '' the b-rez buff'' see it that way

hell yea for b-rez.

BUT, that would be a bit off i think... but, it would be in the same function
    as the normal rezzer... chance.

Im more hoping for a chest-tinker with some % for a self-b-rez.

You're asking for more from a profession that has almost everything

No.

Giving Engineers a brez is not what blizz means by bring the player not the class. Implementing a brez for Engineers will say: Bring the Proffesion, not the player.

Makes no sence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Res is a very unqiue thing that is only possible through a few means, one being druids, another being soulstones and then shamans own res..

I doubt an actual battle res will ever be implemented for anything apart from druids and as it's been already stated, engineers already have PLENTY of fun things they can bring to a battle, ranging from simple bombs to diffirent activated abilities of armor that increase a combat stat.

And if another battle res is ever to be implemented, i'd expect it to be a new shaman/paladin/priest class ability or possibly spec before something as powerful as a battle res going to a profession.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with a portable anvil/forge already. Think of it as a "Dwarven portable forging kit". If that sounds a bit OP then give it a big CD, I don't care. :P

Deleted
    Well if they do that limited number of battle rezzes i think this is a good idea, otherwise no.

I think a belt tinker that allows the engineer to selfress similar to shamans would be cool. An actual battle rezz would be taking it too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Cd would have to be massive.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'd be happy with a portable anvil/forge already. Think of it as a "Dwarven portable forging kit". If that sounds a bit OP then give it a big CD, I don't care. :P
    Jeeves works as an anvil already (but still no portable forge...)

I actually preformed a battle rez with my mage. I was pretty proud of myself. He's an engineer too so it sort of fits. It was in an instance so it wasn't in a dire situation, but I wanted to see if it would work. I went invis to drop out of combat and then used the rez part of the gnomish army knife and to my surprise, it let me use it and it was a successful rez.

I just want the CD on the Army Knife ress to get dropped. Seriously, 30 minutes and a chance of failure to boot? I mean, it costs no mana and all and DKs can't ress anyway so I still use it, but that doesn't make it any less unimpressive.

10/15 minutes CD or no a chance to fail, pl0x?

Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    Battle Res is a very unqiue thing that is only possible through a few means, one being druids, another being soulstones and then shamans own res..

I doubt an actual battle res will ever be implemented for anything apart from druids and as it's been already stated, engineers already have PLENTY of fun things they can bring to a battle, ranging from simple bombs to diffirent activated abilities of armor that increase a combat stat.

And if another battle res is ever to be implemented, i'd expect it to be a new shaman/paladin/priest class ability or possibly spec before something as powerful as a battle res going to a profession.

This, gief this !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niemandem View Post
    Jeeves works as an anvil already (but still no portable forge...)
    Woah, seriously!? This makes me sad... When I'm out farming, and I pop Jeeves, I throw as much as I can in the bank (or vendor it), because I think "this is my only chance for the next hour to clean out my bags."
    I have like 10 stacks of saronite bars in my bank, but I never pulled them out because I figured I had no way of turning them into scrapbots because there were no anvil... Boy was I wrong...

Or do you mean Jeeves = Anvil in cata... >_>
    Meh, I'll go and test it out later today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Saw a post yesterday with a Shadow Priest that wanted a battle rezz.

STOP TRYING TO FILL THE GAME WITH BATTLE REZZES!!!

AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR FAVORITE PROFESSION RETARDLY OVERPOWERED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Saw a post yesterday with a Shadow Priest that wanted a battle rezz.

STOP TRYING TO FILL THE GAME WITH BATTLE REZZES!!!

AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR FAVORITE PROFESSION RETARDLY OVERPOWERED!!!
    lolumad.

OnT: No, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacno View Post
    You're asking for more from a profession that has almost everything
    except respect

i like the idea of a half hour CD jumper cables type brez. with the same "might not work" detail in it also, but useful enough to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.