Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

I fell in love with the blood playstyle while leveling. Only to find that its strength completely tanks at 80.

Unholy doesn't even feel like the same class. AOE DoT'ing is not what I signed up for.

So I've shelved my (short lived) DK for that reason, plus
    People hating DKs for no reason
    and
    The popular belief that it's a super easy class to play

^ Are really annoying attitudes from the community. First of all, who hasn't played DK. Second, if DK isn't a difficult DPS class to play well, wtf is?!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    for fun
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted
    At first I thought this was General Discussions and I was like 'whats with all the DK threads' and then I was like 'ohhhhh'

I made my DK out of boredom, I enjoyed myself.

I originally made one because I had already had a healer and a dps at level 80 and I wanted to try tanking. I leveled as tank, but once I capped I had to go dps to farm heroics. I tried out all 3 dps specs and fell in love with frost. It was a nice break from my caster dps and I enjoy the rune system mechanics. Ever since then I never went back to tanking, frost dps is just too much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made mine first off b/c it was something new, didn't wanna play my pally any longer, as well as LOVING the lore behind them. Became my favorite out of all my toons, still is to this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Feral Druid was my main thru TBC and i lvled him to 80 right away when Wotlk came out. However, after trying to tank 5 man heroics i had too many issues holding aoe threat from the dps no matter how good my gear got. I enjoyed single target tanking but I dont raid a lot and love 5 mans.

I decided to change classes and thought about Warrior but heard, at the time at least, they had issues with aoe threat as well. So it was between Pally and DK. I already had a 53 Dwarf Pally at the time so the lvl wasnt an issue, it just came down to me thinking that DK would be more fun, because even though I wanted good aoe I didnt want it to be "easymode" like it is in Wotlk for Pally.

DK found the right balance, I had a blast tanking as both Blood and dw Frost. Both my specs for awhile were tanking, id aoe trash in heroics with Frost and switch to Blood for bosses. It was a lot of fun and challenging without being frustrating.

I'm hoping Blood tanking will be fun in Cata.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Initially I had a level 20-ish Hunter who had mining. He wasn't high level enough to mine in the areas to get skillups, so I made a DK with mining to mine the stuff to give to him to smelt. Then I remembered why I hadn't leveled my Hunter, switched his Mining to JC, and my DK became my 3rd 80.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    To make rerolling on a new server a little less painfull

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to experience it, after 3 hours at lvl 80 I never played on it again. EVER!