10+ Year Old Account

Cool Armor is the new...everything?

Armored to the teeth - everyone knows what this talent does but with alot of the warrior abilities using AP for a damage multiplier, if they implement armor gems how many people will start using these along with stam gems,
    Not only will it be a defensive gem, but one that increases threat.
    Also Damage Shield is now based off of AP instead of BV
    Prot for life!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Since they plan to remove all the "boring" talents that just "increases crit by x" or "armor by y" ... I doubt they will make armor gems.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Since they plan to remove all the "boring" talents that just "increases crit by x" or "armor by y" ... I doubt they will make armor gems.
    That's what gems are for. I could see it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

In cata, your damage mitigation will come from:
    dodge/parry - as avoidance,
    mastery/armour - as mitigation,
    and health.
    We'll have to see how healer mana will look like, and how hard bosses actually hit to see which stat to gem/enchant for. We'll need to boost our health/passive mitigation, where we won't die from that pesky breath/cleave combo, but then we probably have to start to look after our avoidance, to avoid being a mana sponge. Will we need to gem for it? Only time will tell...

---------- Post added 2010-07-22 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Every tank has that extra x% armour talent, and while it'd be nice to be baked into the tree, they are probably there to stay because of the bears out there... We shall see though.

Deleted
    Armor is getting a nerf in Cataclysm too, according to some blue post I read a while ago.

Or rather, they will increase it's stat value in comparison to ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Armor is getting a nerf in Cataclysm too, according to some blue post I read a while ago.

source?
    Prot for life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovietcake View Post
    source?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...25636414&sid=1

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    they will never put armor gems, Because doing so is too binary, u take less damage on physical dmg, thats it.

With stamina at least u see your hp rising and you can use CDs accordingly, plus will cause problems with the EH thing, as in Stam > Armor? or other way round, that will be too boss bi est, like for example a patchwerk like boss might be easier with armor gems but almost everything else will be harder, and making tanks change gems for 1 or 2 bosses in a week isn't a good design philosphy.

Cept for maybe end raid bosses, but even than its a tad meh.
    Last edited by Mr.X; 2010-07-23 at 05:53 AM.

The latest Damage Shield is a % of Strength.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Armor - The way Armor mitigates damage is not changing, but the Armor stat has been rebalanced to mirror changes to the armor curve in Cataclysm. As a result, bonus Armor will go down slightly overall. We are also changing the mitigation difference among armor types so that plate doesn’t offer so much more protection than mail, leather, and cloth.
    It's not getting a nerf. Bonus armor is reduced a bit and the other armor classes are upped by a noticeable amount, but we as plate wearers should not see a huge difference.
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    they will never put armor gems, Because doing so is too binary, u take less damage on physical dmg, thats it.
    They will never put strength gems, because doing so is too binary. You do more damage on your attacks, thats it.