Change throughout Cata?

Does anyone know if there are plans to keep the world changing throughout Cata? Like with patches. Because if it just changes once and doesn't keep evolving I think that'd be a tad weird.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

I'm pretty sure a lot of things change while you quest through phasing.

Quote Originally Posted by McGurk View Post
    Does anyone know if there are plans to keep the world changing throughout Cata? Like with patches. Because if it just changes once and doesn't keep evolving I think that'd be a tad weird.
    Phasing if you do the quests. But they wont change significantly and the whole zone most likely wont change it will just be sections. It would take way too long to redo every zone each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishypants View Post
    I'm pretty sure a lot of things change while you quest through phasing.
    This worries me, a lot.

Phasing is a cool piece of tech, and it makes some neat things possible... but I think they possibly have jumped the shark with it in Cataclysm.

The goblin starting area is so heavily phased, that you can't even go to it unless you are a new goblin.

I know even now I've run into problems trying to summon people to ICC because they aren't in the same phase of Icecrown as me. It seems ridiculous that if you want to quest with people, you'll have to be on the exact same quests or risk being in different phases.

I already envision down the road where you will literally not see anybody else while questing from 1-60 because things are phased so much.

Phasing is cool, but phasing everything just because you can is a waste and runs the risk of making it feel like a single player game.

Clarification: I don't think they should (or would) fix Icecrown, I was just using it as an example where even limited phasing has a big impact on things.
    Last edited by snowblind; 2010-07-22 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    @up
    Phasing is good, they just need to polish it enough to put parties/raids in the same phase by default, or at least say what the person in previous phase has to do to match the later phase. I don't think they'll bother doing it to Icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Phasing if you do the quests. But they wont change significantly and the whole zone most likely wont change it will just be sections. It would take way too long to redo every zone each patch.
    yeah agree on that but i do think that over the coarse of Cata that Orgimmar will be finished and Stormwin rebuilt.. it even's things out for both horde and alliance kinda like how we had to help build the Argent Tournament...kinda

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I'm sure it will change more. I can't see them not using their newly acquired phasing technology.

They have plans to let you hit a button to switch phases back to help your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    This worries me, a lot.

Phasing is a cool piece of tech, and it makes some neat things possible... but I think they possibly have jumped the shark with it in Cataclysm.

The goblin starting area is so heavily phased, that you can't even go to it unless you are a new goblin.

I know even now I've run into problems trying to summon people to ICC because they aren't in the same phase of Icecrown as me. It seems ridiculous that if you want to quest with people, you'll have to be on the exact same quests or risk being in different phases.

I already envision down the road where you will literally not see anybody else while questing from 1-60 because things are phased so much.

Phasing is cool, but phasing everything just because you can is a waste and runs the risk of making it feel like a single player game.

Clarification: I don't think they should (or would) fix Icecrown, I was just using it as an example where even limited phasing has a big impact on things.
    I dont think they are using phasing to that much of an extent. The reason for not being able to go back to the goblin starting zone has nothing to do with phasing. It's part of the story. The city (as far as we know) got covered in lava.

I think Blizzard learned their lesson with ICC to keep phasing away from the meeting stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Theres two kinds of phasing in wow. The first kind is quest based phasing, that changes the character and strutures as you complete a quest, and what normally happens if it has a set 'complition' point when the phasing ends, and everyones on the same page.
    The other kind if patch phasing, where everyone is on the same page as each patch has things, people, buildings and quests appear or change, like the argent tourie grounds for example, and how they started off as nothing there, to being built up, to finally being complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    yeah agree on that but i do think that over the coarse of Cata that Orgimmar will be finished and Stormwin rebuilt.. it even's things out for both horde and alliance kinda like how we had to help build the Argent Tournament...kinda
    Thats the kinda stuff I was hoping for. For things to be rebuilt and what not.
    Stream: Gurkalicious