Deleted

Gearing a Boomkin

I am close to dinging to 80 with my Druid. I plan to use Balance as my main spec, but I dont really know what to aim for gear wise. The Bear guide has some pre-heroics gear to aim for, but sadly I cant seem to find something equivalent for Balance. So basically could someone recommend some gear please.

Thanks in Advance.

read the sticky at the top of the forum.

get your 4 piece T9 set bonus and run the ICC 5-mans till you are blue in the face.

Well of course you want the caster hit cap, which is 9% for a boomkin with a draenei in the group.
    Generally I gear for crit, for more reliable eclipse procs and nature's grace, you will want about 450 haste to reach soft cap with natures grace and raid buffs. Crit soft cap kicks in at around 1100 crit rating without your idol (level 264) running, 1140 if you have the 245 one. Spirit never hurts, but isn't really to be itemized, as with int. So I would guess try to itemize crit and haste in about equal proportion with some spellpower too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Well of course you want the caster hit cap, which is 9% for a boomkin with a draenei in the group.
    Generally I gear for crit, for more reliable eclipse procs and nature's grace, you will want about 450 haste to reach soft cap with natures grace and raid buffs. Crit soft cap kicks in at around 1100 crit rating without your idol (level 264) running, 1140 if you have the 245 one. Spirit never hurts, but isn't really to be itemized, as with int. So I would guess try to itemize crit and haste in about equal proportion with some spellpower too.
    Wrong... Crit rating is indeed very good... but only if you manage to get 4pc t10... Go with haste, as it is more dps overall (until the aforementioned is acquired).

what is a "boomkin"?

ohh wait... you mean "moonkin"

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    what is a "boomkin"?

I wish I could downrate into oblivion. ><

Quote Originally Posted by obaminator View Post
    Wrong... Crit rating is indeed very good... but only if you manage to get 4pc t10... Go with haste, as it is more dps overall (until the aforementioned is acquired).
    Wrong. The value of haste drops when the cast time of wrath is less then 1 sec with nature's grasp up. Which is, assuming you got spell haste totem, about 400 haste rating. Once you got 400 haste rating, crit will have more value then haste until the crit chance of starfire is 100% with eclipse up.

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    what is a "boomkin"?

Moonkin? What is this being you speak of?

EJ is your friend.
    "Hit rating (to cap) >> Haste rating (below GCD cap) = Spellpower > Crit rating (below Lunar cap) > Haste rating (above GCD cap) >= Crit rating (above Lunar cap) >> Intellect > Spirit."
    Last edited by Wogglefek; 2010-07-23 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Bah, someone beat me to it. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Wogglefek View Post
    EJ is your friend.
    "Hit rating (to cap) >> Haste rating (below GCD cap) = Spellpower > Crit rating (below Lunar cap) > Haste rating (above GCD cap) >= Crit rating (above Lunar cap) >> Intellect > Spirit."
    I think I just crit whore too much, and RNGs hate me, so I like having more reliable procs, and I do have 4p t10 already, which does boost the value of crit considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Really just depends on where your stats are, BoomChickn.

Deleted
    So I am effectively aiming for 4pcT9, then getting what ever drops for me bearing in mind that I reach the respective caps that I need. Is there something else which I can buy for emblems which would best replace a piece of the T9 that I should try and get aswell?

4pc T9 While saving up for your t10, go for that 4set before you spend frost on anything else, and don't buy your 264 Idol until you have all of your frost emblem gear (the 245 one works just fine, 20 crit rating isn't worth the emblems like other pieces will be).
    When going for your T10, I went with keeping out the legs for the tailoring ones (Leggings of Woven Death=Smexy). Go for shoulders first, then chest/helm, and hope you get lucky in VoA for pants/gloves(hate that place :<).