15+ Year Old Account

Deepholm onwards

I plan on attempting to get Realm First achievements again in Cataclysm, and the levelling ones are the ones I am ideally aiming for. My question is is there a requirement to begin questing in Deepholm? I've seen the video that shows the quest gaining entrance into Deepholm but do you have to complete any pre quests or is that quest instantly available?

My issue is as with Wrath launch I am sure every noticed the completely insane population of Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord (Well just Tundra on my server; only the wise people went Howling Fjord - which wasn't me) I'm wanting to skip the two starting areas in Cataclysm and just get straight into the 82~ zone.

If it's not possible what are peoples opinions on the more ' player attractive ' zone, out of Vashj'ir and Mount Hyjal. For example Borean Tundra was so over populated around release since you could get there from Stormwind, where as Howling Fjord was Menethil Harbor, so fewer people went to Howling Fjord.

My initial thoughts are most people will be " OMG UNDER WATER LEVELLING MUST GO VASHJ'IR " but my other thoughts are that with the strong lore that Mount Hyjal has and it already being implimented into the game in one way that'll attract alot of people too. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be atleast 82 to pick up the quest to head to the maelstrom and Deepholme.

I would recommend you do Hyjal, as it's much faster to get around than Vash'jir (flying is much quicker than having to swim, even with the aquatic mounts) Though you might have to do both. I had to do half of Vash'jir to hit 82 after completing Hjyal. They'll probably tweak the xp still, but who knows.

Go Vashj'ir, imho. It is absolutely MASSIVE. Honestly. Hyjal makes greater use of phasing, but its much more controlled and focused, so you will be running into people every step of the way. On top of that, lorehounds will go to Hyjal, and since everybody is hearing false rumors about how swimming is so much longer and harder in vashj'ir, most will go to Hyjal.

A much bigger point for me, but mabye not so much for blitzers like you, is that Vashj'ir is quite simply fucking beautiful (although the Kelp Forest is a big repetitive. Awesome though)
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Go Vashj'ir, imho. It is absolutely MASSIVE. Honestly. Hyjal makes greater use of phasing, but its much more controlled and focused, so you will be running into people every step of the way. On top of that, lorehounds will go to Hyjal, and since everybody is hearing false rumors about how swimming is so much longer and harder in vashj'ir, most will go to Hyjal.

A much bigger point for me, but mabye not so much for blitzers like you, is that Vashj'ir is quite simply fucking beautiful (although the Kelp Forest is a big repetitive. Awesome though)
    People won't figure out how to go to Vash and go to hyjal instead.

Happens on beta, I see 20:1 ratio in hyjal:Vash

Quote Originally Posted by Mewmix View Post
    People won't figure out how to go to Vash and go to hyjal instead.

Happens on beta, I see 20:1 ratio in hyjal:Vash
    That's actually very nice to know because I too plan on being part of the "Realm first 85" race. I know live won't be like beta on every server as far as the split between zones is concerned, but I am sure it will be similar to the point where you will have a much better experience leveling in Vashj'ir than Hyjal.

I wouldn't agree with Mewmix's observation at all. Both were busy for me, but Mount Hyjal is less densely packed, and i encountered alot less people and competition for mobs.

Vashj'ir is highly dense in terms of mobs and quest areas atm, and lasts for longer, so you will likely find it the faster route to take, despite it essentially being fixed waves of lots of people you'll progress through the zone with due to the phasing and how the zone flows between it's 3 subzones.

Instances to 82 then deepholme. Trying to do starter zones the first week or so is to slow due to massive overcrowding. Once you can hit 82 and get there you should start the questing as many people will be stuck in the early areas and hyjal and vash due to competition and lag. And if you are trying to hit first 85 you will most likely want guildies helping you anyway.

As above poster said, instancing with a pre-made group of folks is likely your best bet. As for zones, it's a tough call...I guess it really depends on how much phasing is in place etc, if that even matters that much at launch, which it probably won't. Vash'ir is a much bigger zone, the biggest ever made by a long shot I believe, but I'm sure there might be some kind of order to it...I'm not in the beta, so not really sure. I also expect that zone to attract 75%+ of the population, and I have to say its the zone I'll be going to on my hunter day one (unless its so packed I can't do shit) and I'll be seeing Hyjal on an alt.

Either way, I just want to have fun the first go around, I aim to hit 85 in 5-7 days atm. Also...if you go to the midnight release thing and get your xpac then, you'll be good to go. I remember in Wrath there were less than 5 people in Borean Tundra on my server for a good hour or two, which is enough to get way ahead of everyone else.

Real First achievements still exist?