Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Festering Strike: Opinions?

DKs, what's your opinion(s) on our new spell, "Festering Strike"?
    I personally like it, and hope it replaces frost strike...
    Useless piece of runic-power...

its an amazing ability.....and nothing will ever replace frost strike for frost...?

it costs 1frost/1blood if you didnt see either.
    AND YES IT IS THE SEX

since necrotic is 1unholy thats is going to be what your going to dble rune with, AND IT IS HOTTTTTTTT
    Last edited by jazx; 2010-07-23 at 05:14 AM.

The text of your post could not be more wrong, just sayin.

Looks like, combined with death strike for self healing, it might just end up a go-to for PvP.

Sounds great, no having to spam CoI/PS in PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

A couple of the purposes of festering strike are to prevent unholy from having to use icy touch other than for frost fever and to free up global cooldowns a bit. It serves both purposes moderately well, but it interacts awkwardly with reaping. You either only use blood and frost runes for festering stike, or blood strike with blood runes, scourge strike with death runes and end up stuck with frost runes and nothing to use them for other than icy touch. This could be fixed by simply having it cost two frost runes or doing away with reaping, but I don't really like either of those solutions.

Edit: Looks like I missed a reaping change, festering strike will proc reaping. This will probably leave blood strike not being used apart from when you have no frost runes, and the other way around for icy touch.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-23 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    A couple of the purposes of festering strike are to prevent unholy from having to use icy touch other than for frost fever and to free up global cooldowns a bit. It serves both purposes moderately well, but it interacts awkwardly with reaping. You either have to use death runes for festering strike or be stuck with frost runes and nothing to use them for other than icy touch. This could be fixed by simply having it cost two frost runes or doing away with reaping, but I don't really like either of those solutions.
    This is what I was thinking. It will mostly be used in PvP and so Unholy doesn't have to use IT every time they use Scourge Strike.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, when I saw it, the new beta trees weren't up, so I assumed that it costed RP.

It's just another PVP ability. Useful? Probably. Regardless it won't see use beyond that as a double rune ability that won't do enough damage to counteract just using two single rune abilities. It's really just a terrible design and something they should have learned to steer clear of by now.

We need more PVE toys, not more PVP. So far the vast majority of changes are PVP oriented :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    It's just another PVP ability. Useful? Probably. Regardless it won't see use beyond that as a double rune ability that won't do enough damage to counteract just using two single rune abilities. It's really just a terrible design and something they should have learned to steer clear of by now.

We need more PVE toys, not more PVP. So far the vast majority of changes are PVP oriented :\
    Err, it's quite clearly a PVE tool for UH builds. Outside of applying diseases I can see B and F runes being used exclusively for Festering Strikes. The fact that both the runes it uses get changed to death runes gives plenty of reason to use it over 2 single rune abilities for any UH rotation.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas View Post
    Err, it's quite clearly a PVE tool for UH builds. Outside of applying diseases I can see B and F runes being used exclusively for Festering Strikes. The fact that both the runes it uses get changed to death runes gives plenty of reason to use it over 2 single rune abilities for any UH rotation.
    Exactly and with the removal of desolation no need to bs for %5 dps buff

Mostly it makes me wonder what the new glyph for SS will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post

This post is so useless. Necrotic Strike is going to be great for pvp and pve.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    "when attacking a plate target, your weapon now properly turns into a wet noodle for scourge strike"

lol...... had to.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

yeah if people havnt already noticed, SS is ONLY 1 unholy rune now,yeah fester is a pve ability too..
    sorry to burst your QQ bubble..
    and yeah on anything that heals in pve(um lets see shit tons of things?) necrotic is going to be very good in some situations

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    They already said they're going to change about every glyph in game, so you can wonder about almost every glyph what it will be.

Could this mean they are possibly removing the Pestilence Glyph that allows the primary targets diseases to be refreshed to full duration for just 1 blood rune?

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
    They already said they're going to change about every glyph in game, so you can wonder about almost every glyph what it will be.
    Yeah, i forgot they said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Could this mean they are possibly removing the Pestilence Glyph that allows the primary targets diseases to be refreshed to full duration for just 1 blood rune?
    id have to imagine so between the new durations you can get your diseases to (30seconds just normal and 48 with talent if im not mistaken?) along with new talents like resilient infection.

even if they didnt there is BOUND to be better glyphs you will be able to get in cata since diseases last all day now

This is so getting on my actionbar.

Will Festering Strike work in a PvE situation or is it purely PvP?