Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The FotM folks may roll a new class, but most Paladins won't quit. I think the vast majority of us wanted some more complexity to the class.
    This. Very much this. Actually I was planning on going full time Prot in Cata but with all the awesome Ret changes I'm shifting over to the "tanks when we need 2 tanks and dps when we don't". =D Can't wait for Cata!!
    Mains:
    Paladin: Calphius
    Warlock: Caltorei
    Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion: destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    Alot of paladins play ret/prot because its very easy to play and relaxing doing bgs after a hard days work.However I noticed ret specifically is getting a ton of complicating features.Will this ruin the spec? will this make people quit ret? also i was sad to see them ruin prot pvp for cata it was especially good for battlegrounds.

PS:what happened to the 3 min CD pet summon that pallys were supposed to get? havent heard any news on it since the preview.
    I'm actually going BACK to playing pallies in Cata because they're going to be fun again. I liked them pre-wotlk, but this entire expansion theyve been boring as hell. Im glad Blizz is fixing it.

I wont be quitting. I love all the new changes so far for Prot...except the Ardent Defender change. Yet another awesome raiding skill destroyed by pvpers.

I cant decide if I wanna Ret or Holy for my OS. Both of their changes intrigue me. I just might start pvping on my DK or Hunter if I choose Holy(i like the new spiky crab for hunters). lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I am currently re levelling a Paladin due to the Cata changes, looks like the build I wanted since selling my old Pally due to it being proper lame/faceroll and a good source of income for a new washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by +Katjá+ View Post
    Hell no, many of us wanted extra complexity, I'm really looking forward to Cata.
    this - in fact i'm switching to ret mainspec for a change of pace from tanking throughout TBC and WotLK, will still keep prot as an offspec.

complex rotations dont scare me

I hope that the added complexity drives away the "bads" and builds confidence in the "good" players as serious dps, serious tanks and good all around healers.

I dont necessarily want people to shy away from the class, but id like the skill cap raised enough so that the better players out there stand out.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Would be nice to not be called a face rolling nub anymore.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I levelled my first pally as ret and although it was quick (new server, 0 heirlooms ~5 days /played) it was also mind-numbingly boring with a fcfs rotation between a few buttons. A few weeks after hitting 80 i went holy and the only time ive swapped specs since is to farm my nether ray.
    I'm glad they're making paladins have some depth, it might make me interested in playing ret, or even getting my prot pally past 75

complex rotation is a relative thing

inevitably, after a couple of weeks raiding and with some theorycrafting, someone will come up with a best rotation, changeable only with procs and CDs or some other resource to be restrained, making it insta-face-roll again

owait, isnt just every dps class rotation liek this?

just because rets dont have to worry about mana doesnt mean it takes no skill to shine on the meters, their resource is GCDs, which makes rets an awesome and high paced class to play

stop QQ on how ret is easy to play, wow IS an easy game, the only thing separating a "bad" player from a "good" player in this game is the ability from going from point A to point B and have 9/24 other tards that can do the same

you want to be competitive on this game, go PVP on 3s arenas and then we'll talk about skill

Quote Originally Posted by Porte View Post
    most classes are easy as hell in pve, if you think your class is harder than ret and you play any melee besides feral/enhance you're stupid. rogues push 3 buttons, warriors push 4, dks push 5-6, pallys push 5-6. They're all easy and take little to no thought to play.
    Warrior: Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Heroic Strike, Slam, Execute = 5

Paladin: Divine Storm, Judgement, Crusader Strike, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath = 5

Except for that Paladins atm has a: Click what's off cooldown rotation and doesn't have to watch their power(mana) at all, I'd say rogue is easier than pala, but it sure ain't harder than anything else(meele).

On-topic: If you check what I just wrote, I'd say in Cata paladins won't have one of the easiest rotations, and probably harder than fury warrior since their rotation hasn't evolved much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Warrior: Whirlwind, Bloodthirst, Heroic Strike, Slam, Execute = 5

Paladin: Divine Storm, Judgement, Crusader Strike, CONSECRATION,Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath = 6
    fixed

also, Rets have to press a button on EVERY GCD
    Last edited by Elderane; 2010-07-23 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomirizer View Post
    Would be nice to not be called a face rolling nub anymore.
    They'll still call us that because when you catch them and make them hurt, they'll be on these forums right quick

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 02:26 PM ----------

Most paladins loved playing paladins because of the fact that they're paladins and had nothing to do with the playstyle of the spec. You know, people with enough of a spine to play something they like to play based on the class itself and not it's mechanics. So people quitting because they believe it'll be too difficult, glad to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me rets actually seem more appealing now with the changes n' all that.

quite the contrary. i am soooooo looking forward to all the changes made to paladins, especially ret! paladin for life yow!

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    Alot of paladins play ret/prot because its very easy to play and relaxing doing bgs after a hard days work.However I noticed ret specifically is getting a ton of complicating features.Will this ruin the spec? will this make people quit ret? also i was sad to see them ruin prot pvp for cata it was especially good for battlegrounds.

PS:what happened to the 3 min CD pet summon that pallys were supposed to get? havent heard any news on it since the preview.
    If it makes them quit, they didn't deserve to play pally in the first place =|
    I don't play this game because it's simple, I want something challenging, and I know I'm keeping my MS pveprot / OS pvpret pally, and will probably enjoy it even more in cata

15+ Year Old Account
    The way paladins are getting, I'm very interested in the whole fighting style, specially regarding Holy Power, but I'm currently somewhat flustered by the expectation of our (in)ability to fight kiters & the spell I just don't see fitting the Warcraft's Paladin - Guardian of Ancient Kings.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying protection.. idk about you but I love insta-queues

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    The way paladins are getting, I'm very interested in the whole fighting style, specially regarding Holy Power, but I'm currently somewhat flustered by the expectation of our (in)ability to fight kiters & the spell I just don't see fitting the Warcraft's Paladin - Guardian of Ancient Kings.
    actually the guardian are based on the angel that was in war3 when using redemption on a group of dead allies, so it fit a lot.

You guys still have time to reroll if you arent happy with the changes coming, i am for the moment.
    Il see if its practical and if not well i have another game in my line of sight or il just do more overtime at work lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderane View Post
    fixed

also, Rets have to press a button on EVERY GCD
    You forgot Holy Wrath and Divine Plea, along with ALL of our utilities (8 or so different abilities in total).

I'll be quitting my paladin for 100% sure.

Not because ret is getting "more complicated" rotations either, it's about damn time they made paladins require good play to do well in PvE.

The reason I'm switchign is Blizzard is completely incompetent at balancing Ret PvP, and quite frankly I'm done dealing with it. Rerolled a DK, and it's so much more engaging/fun. It's kind of sad to me though, as I like the paladin class lore wise.

Oh well...