Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Astral Leather Specialization? Seriously? 5% intellect?

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the armor specializations for Balance Druids.
    I realize this is beta, and there is a chance it could change to something else, but if it
    doesn't how does this solve the problem of Balance BiS pieces sometimes being cloth.
    Not even BiS, but just best right now pieces. I thought the whole point was to stop us evil
    chickens from stealing warlock and mage gear? How much mana are we looking at for level 85?
    35k, 40k, 50k? Why would someone pass on a piece of cloth with more desirable stats like
    hit, crit and haste (that can be reforged while intellect cannot) for maybe 2500 mana?

I realize intellect affects more than mana pool, but 5% more intellect isn't that much crit for
    example.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought it was supposed to be an incentive.
    Critical strike or haste rating would have been a better choice in my opinion. I also
    think its interesting that while they hold a carrot out to the leather wearers to leave the clothies
    armor alone, they gave clothies the same benefit yet its impossible for them to not wear all cloth.

Flashnews :
    Int=SP+mana+(crit a little), or atleast that was the idea .

Spell Power is now derived from Int instead of being a separate stat on gear (besides weapons)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    Flashnews :
    Int=SP+mana+(crit a little), or atleast that was the idea .
    Maybe you missed this part: "I realize intellect affects more than mana pool", so no it is not
    flashnews.

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Spell Power is now derived from Int instead of being a separate stat on gear (besides weapons)
    Thanks. Does anyone know the formula? Maybe 5% Int isn't so bad if its significant enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit comes from spirit, haste and crit will still be on your leather....
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

10+ Year Old Account
    still, classes that can only wear cloth should not be given the same benefits. The bonus needs to be major in order to make up for the fact than many moonkin bis gear is cloth. To give that same bonus to every class is unfair and stupid, and also hurts moonkin more than anyone else

Cloth won't be BIS in Cata /rollseyes

Edit: Funny though that people are going under the assumption of what will be BIS in Cata when end game gear isn't even out.

Hit won't be on gear - what else are they going to put on leather?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

You'd pass on 5% spell power for more hit (Which is more efficient to get through spirit)???
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    The stats on cloth will be pretty similar to leather spell gear. So... what's the problem? Take your armour and leave us to take ours. We both get the same bonus and you benefit from your bonus and Mastery, not to mention having the same pool of spell caster stats.

Trust Blizzard. Leather caster gear will not be desireable to resto shaman or paladins, and cloth caster gear will not be desireable to balance druids. Why do people keep looking at changes through Northrend-tinted glasses?
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    You'd pass on 5% spell power for more hit (Which is more efficient to get through spirit)???
    No I'll take 5% SP. i didn't realize only weapons would have direct +SP on them and that all other SP would derive from Intellect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Trust Blizzard.
    This. But the fewest of people seem to want to do that.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    No I'll take 5% SP. i didn't realize only weapons would have direct +SP on them and that all other SP would derive from Intellect
    Last I heard it was 1:1 (Subject to change)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbs of a Stare View Post
    still, classes that can only wear cloth should not be given the same benefits. The bonus needs to be major in order to make up for the fact than many moonkin bis gear is cloth. To give that same bonus to every class is unfair and stupid, and also hurts moonkin more than anyone else
    Yes, lets give out a buff to everyone but warlocks, priests and mages.
    Thats much smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbs of a Stare View Post
    Like hell they shouldn't. Not getting the benefit is the punishment classes who have access to multiple types of armor get for having access to potentially better itemized gear.

Are you actually suggesting that mages/priests/warlocks should be punished for having access to a more limited set of gear?

Look at ICC gear. Druid, shaman, and paladins had access to properly itemized spell gear (haste/crit) that everyone wanted. Cloth wearers had to wait and pray for the same itemization off festergut. Clothies who wanted haste had 1 choice, while say... shaman? had mail and leather crafted boots, as well as a drop, to give them the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is, exactly why are you assuming that Boomchicken BiS gear in Cataclysm will be cloth? For all we know, Blizzard's making exactly the same stats on every equivalent piece of gear. Haven't we had enough "doomsayers using Wrath examples in Cataclysm"? And perhaps, 5% intellect might be worth more than you think, since we don't know nearly as much about gear stats anymore. Brain > knee-jerk naysaying.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Why do people keep looking at changes through Northrend-tinted glasses?
    this
    insanity: less expensive then drugs, and much more fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    My question was answered by one person. Thanks. To the sarcastic folks, thanks for
    stopping by. you added nothing of value. Hopefully a mod will shut this down since its turning into
    a cloth/leather argument, which wasn't the purpose.

I'm sure that new pieces of gear will be designed in a way that moonkins will still want to choose leather designed for them over any piece of cloth.

As some have said int translates to spellpower and armor no longer has spellpower as a stat.

Current Frozen Bonespike vs Cata Frozen Bonespike
    T10 Gloves Before vs T10 Gloves After

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh View Post
    Like hell they shouldn't. Not getting the benefit is the punishment classes who have access to multiple types of armor get for having access to potentially better itemized gear.

Are you actually suggesting that mages/priests/warlocks should be punished for having access to a more limited set of gear?

Look at ICC gear. Druid, shaman, and paladins had access to properly itemized spell gear (haste/crit) that everyone wanted. Cloth wearers had to wait and pray for the same itemization off festergut. Clothies who wanted haste had 1 choice, while say... shaman? had mail and leather crafted boots, as well as a drop, to give them the same thing.
    Exactly. I can't believe that a class with more choice than others could have any complaints. To pardon the pun, Blizzard are really balancing armour. You will not want to take anything but leather gear and you won't be envious of cloth gear simply because leather gear will have as much option. Even without the Mastery benefit, leather gear will still be at least equal to cloth gear in terms of stats and how it benefits balance druids.

Mages and warlocks don't want spirit. Balance druids do. Mages and warlocks will have crit and haste on their gear. Guess what: leather spell gear will have crit and haste on it! Imagine that! Mastery is going to be an amazing stat on gear and you simply will not get that Mastery if you try and wear anything but your armour specialization.
    For the Alliance!