Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    It seems that allot of warriors who call warrior their main class don't understand how their class will work in cataclysm, yet they will trash talk anybody who critisizes certain abilities.
    But you know exactly how they will work, amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    But you know exactly how they will work, amirite?
    Not exactly in every aspect of the game, but more than the majority, way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowz View Post
    A well placed deadly calm can go like this in pvp. Hit 100 rage get inner rage buff,deadly calm, MS, you gain ms buff talent, execute/OP for massive damage, HS/combo in there too, throwdown, BS. and all of these attacks gain the 50% damage from inner rage while they can do nothing to stop you
    And where is your trinket to get out of stun, and defensive CD while at it?
    And wait Warrior can get CC also.

@Bleed since you are a rogue guess what you were given Combat Readiness for something. And since Warrior can be CC its not "OP" as you put it, let me guess next you will be saying that Beast Within should also be nerfed no?

Not exactly in every aspect of the game, but more than the majority, way more.
    I'm getting sick of your arrogant, snide little remarks you fucking troll.

Now hello there healers

Did you think that you can have a balanced fight vs warriors now that UA is removed? think again!

Deadly Calm
    2 min cooldown, Instant cast
    For the next 10 sec seconds, none of your abilities cost rage, but you continue to generate rage.

Now this is the new arms talent that is introduced with the latest talent build, oh also, watch out for Kidney Shot!

Throwdown
    Melee Range, 15 Rage, 45 sec cooldown, Instant cast, Requires Melee Weapon
    Knocks the target to the ground and stuns it for 5 sec.

Now i can understand the stun, but 10 second of free damage? and you continue to build rage? I don't want to be a priest or shaman facing a warrior in cataclysm lol.

What do you healers and warriors think?
    As a resto shaman, the only thing I hate about warriors is UA. ow that that's gone I can go back to outlive them. I think you mean BAD healers wil lose against them.

And yes, all you DO seem to do is QQ :P
    Tbh I really dislike it when people start screaming "DOOM" whenever there is a change to a class, no matter what it is, allthough I see what your point is.. It's impossible for us to know how wow will play out at 85, so chillax and grab a beer.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    And this thread has merit because there should be no abilities that have much threat to healers, thus the reason to exclaim that the sky is failing? It's not the implication of reporting a couple powerful issues to open discussion that makes the thread BS, it's the pretense of acting like all 1 Vs 1 battles should be equal, and the further pretense that healers have no abilities that are threatening to Warriors. It's because of this BS that the trolls smell blood and respond with BS.

Sometimes a lot can be said with just a few words if you take a moment to attempt to analyze the message instead of just being hurt and upset that the person doesn't agree with you and didn't take the time to coddle you during the rebuttal.
    + rep for you
    Last edited by Rifee; 2010-07-24 at 11:55 AM.
    Meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skypunk_lx View Post
    And where is your trinket to get out of stun, and defensive CD while at it?
    And wait Warrior can get CC also.

@Bleed since you are a rogue guess what you were given Combat Readiness for something. And since Warrior can be CC its not "OP" as you put it, let me guess next you will be saying that Beast Within should also be nerfed no?
    TBW is nerfed and it's a good thing, immunity to CC take away skill from the game. Also, how will a shaman or priest CC the warrior in 1v1 situation? if we are talking about 3v3, then the warriors partners can dispell or avoid the warrior getting CC'd. If something is going to own 1v1, it will do so in 3v3 aswell.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    I'm getting sick of your arrogant, snide little remarks you fucking troll.
    These kind of responds are not welcome in these forums i think, sharing opinions and explaining others why they are wrong is however, i don't know why you have a problem with that.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    As a resto shaman, the only thing I hate about warriors is UA. ow that that's gone I can go back to outlive them. I think you mean BAD healers wil lose against them.

And yes, all you DO seem to do is QQ :P
    Tbh I really dislike it when people start screaming "DOOM" whenever there is a change to a class, no matter what it is, allthough I see what your point is.. It's impossible for us to know how wow will play out at 85, so chillax and grab a beer. [COLOR="red"]
    I do hope you realize that Throwdown and Deadly Calm are better than UA in cataclysm, you won't be able to spam your best heals, you have to watch your mana and these 2 tools will totally destroy shamans.

I do hope you realize that Throwdown and Deadly Calm are better than UA in cataclysm, you won't be able to spam your best heals, you have to watch your mana and these 2 tools will totally destroy shamans.
    And I hope you do realise that there will be
    A) bigger health pools in cata
    B) less burst dmg and healing in cata
    C) Not balanced around 1v1
    D) On of the warrior niches is having a slight advantages when toe to toe with a healer (igf getting heal ofc), so I'm fine with it

I findit much more dangerous to have a warrior spamming dmg on me that also reduces my healing with 75% if not fake casted (witch means I'm dropping even faster in health), then having him have to realy on 2 COOLDOWNS that canbe countered.
    If he got me to 20% health, with no earthshiled on and I get 5 second stunned and Raped through Deadly calm, then gg I got outplayed, nothing to see here
    Meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post

And I hope you do realise that there will be
    A) bigger health pools in cata
    B) less burst dmg and healing in cata
    C) Not balanced around 1v1
    D) On of the warrior niches is having a slight advantages when toe to toe with a healer (igf getting heal ofc), so I'm fine with it

I findit much more dangerous to have a warrior spamming dmg on me that also reduces my healing with 75% if not fake casted (witch means I'm dropping even faster in health), then having him have to realy on 2 COOLDOWNS that canbe countered.
    If he got me to 20% health, with no earthshiled on and I get 5 second stunned and Raped through Deadly calm, then gg I got outplayed, nothing to see here
    Healers can heal through MS effects atm only 75% of warriros makes a difference, damage is not the only thing that will be reduced in cata, healing is getting massive reduction and mana cost will matter. With slower fights you should be worried, because the warrior won't go out of resources and you will, also longer fights mean more Bladestorm and Throwdowns (this is all about 1v1).

Now this might be different in arena, but something that works good in 1v1 also works good in arena. Warrior Affliction Lock and Hpala for example, will demolish healers easier than anything else, warriors insane anti healer abilities + dots and UA, gg.

Healers can heal through MS effects atm only 75% of warriros makes a difference, damage is not the only thing that will be reduced in cata, healing is getting massive reduction and mana cost will matter. With slower fights you should be worried, because the warrior won't go out of resources and you will, also longer fights mean more Bladestorm and Throwdowns (this is all about 1v1).

Now this might be different in arena, but something that works good in 1v1 also works good in arena. Warrior Affliction Lock and Hpala for example, will demolish healers easier than anything else, warriors insane anti healer abilities + dots and UA, gg.
    Can I get some future lottery numbers from you since you can look into the future? Longer fights also means more resets of diminishing returns when it comes to CC. But you act like Warriors will be un-CCeable for some reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relion View Post
    Can I get some future lottery numbers from you since you can look into the future? Longer fights also means more resets of diminishing returns when it comes to CC. But you act like Warriors will be un-CCeable for some reason
    Save trinket for Blind, you have berserker rage for fears and pala dispells roots/sheeps? Lock can fear and mass DoT everything, longer fights = better for affliction warlocks. Arms, Affliction, Hpala will be really good!

It's just common pvp experience and having a sharp mind that can see patterns and synergy between abilities and classes, i am not some furtune teller.

if you are talking about 1v1 thats not balanced yes, but in arena team playing it's disarm / Stun / Snare Effect / Fear "if u use berzerker rage thats 1 sec it will sometimes give you some distance" about how healers can react i think druid no need 2 talk about can CC like hell / shaman totem run like a wolf or doggy, priest can actualy kill a warrior , paladin i dont think there is a warrior even if he is pro enough against a paladin same skills can kill him, its beta so not balanced yet fix's inc and some shit

What confuses me is why people keep referencing arena play. I was pretty much under the impression that arena play was going to VERY MUCH drop out of favor with rated BGs and the related gear thereof.

In a similar vein I don't see much purpose in this focus on the 1v1 of warrior vs healer...as in most any pvp melee will come out on top as fight time increases (which is exactly whats happening from what we've heard in cata)

While these cooldowns are going to make warriors a threat I doubt they will change the landscape so much that the sky will be falling on healers. Keep in mind also (unless I missed something) MS is being reduced in the debuffed amount and those healers are getting some damage back too. You're apt to see alot of those pvp priests carrying Reflective Shield, pallies with Crusader Strike baseline and the holy power fun, shamen with cast on the move, and druids are still druids although they will not be always locked into Tree of Life so expect more moonfiring etc.

This will mean that coupled with increased HP pools and the like that healer is much more likely to be able to give BACK damage while also healing themselves whereas said warrior in example is lacking as much healing that he could hope to counter the incoming spots of damage (especially considering Armor Pen going away on gear meaning that we are not going to be seeing the ignoring of opponent armor completely anymore)
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoa View Post
    if you are talking about 1v1 thats not balanced yes, but in arena team playing it's disarm / Stun / Snare Effect / Fear "if u use berzerker rage thats 1 sec it will sometimes give you some distance" about how healers can react i think druid no need 2 talk about can CC like hell / shaman totem run like a wolf or doggy, priest can actualy kill a warrior , paladin i dont think there is a warrior even if he is pro enough against a paladin same skills can kill him, its beta so not balanced yet fix's inc and some shit
    You do realize that anything you say about partners of the opposing team stopping you from raping the healer is invalid, right? If their partners can stop you, your partners can stop them aswell, this is what i mean by "if it works in 1v1, it will be good in 3v3 aswell".

So you say the rogue will stop bladestorm? HoJ or Fear him, etc.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    What confuses me is why people keep referencing arena play. I was pretty much under the impression that arena play was going to VERY MUCH drop out of favor with rated BGs and the related gear thereof.

In a similar vein I don't see much purpose in this focus on the 1v1 of warrior vs healer...as in most any pvp melee will come out on top as fight time increases (which is exactly whats happening from what we've heard in cata)

While these cooldowns are going to make warriors a threat I doubt they will change the landscape so much that the sky will be falling on healers. Keep in mind also (unless I missed something) MS is being reduced in the debuffed amount and those healers are getting some damage back too. You're apt to see alot of those pvp priests carrying Reflective Shield, pallies with Crusader Strike baseline and the holy power fun, shamen with cast on the move, and druids are still druids although they will not be always locked into Tree of Life so expect more moonfiring etc.

This will mean that coupled with increased HP pools and the like that healer is much more likely to be able to give BACK damage while also healing themselves whereas said warrior in example is lacking as much healing that he could hope to counter the incoming spots of damage (especially considering Armor Pen going away on gear meaning that we are not going to be seeing the ignoring of opponent armor completely anymore)
    1. Healing is getting reduced aswell, the ms "nerf" is not a nerf at all, the effect will be similair to now.

2. Arena's will be 10x healthier than BG's.

3. Rated BG's will be a shot to make BG's more competetive, no way near arena though.

Resto Druid > Warrior.

This isn't DPS burst CD like wings but really its more like a rage saverand if you think about it can be used in some pretty sweet ways. Imagine you're being kitted so you pop D.Calm to save from being rage starved when you get back in melee range and continue like nothing happened. As a ret pally I've had it where I've popped wings and got CC'd immediately for a good chunk of its duration. If I know the opponent is going to try and do that I might use it for something else like for its healing boost. I think D.Calm has some great potential for building up rage on other targets then unloading on another.
    Last edited by Cruxidus; 2010-07-24 at 01:46 PM. Reason: clarity/spelling

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 01:32 PM ----------

1. Healing is getting reduced aswell, the ms "nerf" is not a nerf at all, the effect will be similair to now.

2. Arena's will be 10x healthier than BG's.

3. Rated BG's will be a shot to make BG's more competetive, no way near arena though.
    To what degree of reduction on healing? Or from what I've infered from the dev posts is that the healing is simply not scaling up largely to account for larger health pools? (ie: healing is not stronger but not weaker, whereas people with more health seem to be healed less overall due to the heals not increasing linearly with the health pool)

As for arenas being more robust then BGs, I've always seen BGs far more robust then the arena scene (I never stayed in teams long, I like the objective maps more then deathmatch, I'd play Counterstrike if I wanted deathmatch). Not to mention in at least one of the battlegroups a few chars are in the arena scene is very lacking whereas the BG scene is much more active. I would sooner say the ability to obtain the higher end pvp gear would only boost the BG activity across the board even further.

I don't see why arena would be more competitive then BGs especially with the War Games or whatever they are implementing to allow specific challenges to a BG. If anything they will be on equal or greater footing depending on the ease/difficulty of attaining the gear in either and depending on who involves with what we'll possible see a decline in arena use for those with ties to larger groups of people while those without ties to consistent larger groups will remain with the arenas. If anything we might even see a more heavy revitalization of the "premade" pvp groups that were heavy for a while there across the board, while arena use will more then likely remain static or decline as a result, once again we will have to see.
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

What can a freaking disc priest or a shaman do to a warrior in 1v1? nothing, he will get raped, especially with these abilities. Now you might say that in arena his partners will assist with poly and disarm and that these abilities are fine. NEWS FLASH, in arena the warrior has his own partners that will help him with dispells and CC on the person who can disarm, if this is going to make warriors faceroll healers in 1v1, it will allow them to faceroll healers in arena aswell.

Are all these abilities needed on a class that already has MS and Bladestorm? Think about it.
    yea cause this game is based on 1v1 right?lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodronin View Post
    yea cause this game is based on 1v1 right?lol...
    Your bad, when something is OP vs a class in 1v1, it will be OP in arena.

Your bad, when something is OP vs a class in 1v1, it will be OP in arena.
    Yeah, maybe 2v2. Which by the way doesn't matter anymore.

OT: I play a holy paladin, so this change doesn't worry me with the changes I'm getting as well.

Beta
    ^^^