Holly paladin question

So on my holly paladin i noticed that the heal casted between the Beacon target and the original target was differnt (like not identical numbers). So will weapon proc's work off both? or trinket.

And does the mana regen off crits effect both heals separately?

this is a common misunderstanding.
    Beacon of light doesnt bouns of the target you heal, instead you heal 2 targets for the same spell and if you heal a rogue with quick recovery and a rogue without quick recovery one of them will allways be healed for 20% more.

And yes, that also means weaponprocs and trinketprocs will come from both your healing target and the one with beacon of light.

In ICC on Dreamwalker i get a warlock with demon armor to camp beside her. beacon is on the dragon and i keep spamming the lock. the lock has 26% increased effect from healing. that 26% extra healing isnt given to the Dragon directly by the beacon of light. But the Glyph Of Holy Light that makes 10% of the healing go AOE will bounce of the warlock with his own buffs.

If i heal Dreamwalker directly for 10k and 1k aoe with glyph.
    If i heal Warlock directly for 12.6k and 1260 with glyph.

this is usually how i end up with over 150k holy lights with an AOE from glyph and 18-19k which makes the total healing (if lock is camping the Dragon) 170k per holy light when bersherker is up. 1sec cast and voila. gg
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2010-07-23 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Beacon heal can be different, (usually bigger) in certain circumstances where the person you have Beacons has some form of increased healing on themselves. As far as I know, weapon procs do not work off Beacon heals, but im most likely wrong.
    And the Beacon heal can not crit. Ever. Only the initial cast.

the beacon heal can't crit? i don't think thats true...

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    the beacon heal can't crit? i don't think thats true...
    The beacon heal cant crit. Your regular heal can so that both targets get a crit heal though but never your regular heal hit and your beacon target gets a crit

so if my regular heal crits then the beacon one crits?

beacon will heal the target the same as the origional heal that lands on the target minus any healing increases on the origional target, also the holy light glyth is affected by the ICC buff and heals alot more than 10%, with around 20-30 stacks the glyth heals close to what the HL heals itself so at the end of the VDW encounter your getting pretty much close to 2 holy lights per 1 since the glyth is healing around the same as a holy light by then.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beacon heals will never crit. If your regular heal crits for 20k, that will be carried over to the beacon as a 20k normal heal. No big flashy numbers and it will just register in the combat log as a normal heal.

I admit, I'm not much of an expert on holly paladins, but if they're anything like holy paladins, the answer is that Beacon gets copied BEFORE target modifiers, rather than after.

Beacon used to be a straight-up copy of the target's received heal, but this was changed so that overhealing on your target would still be copied over to the beacon/tank.

Nowadays, beacon works like this:

Last edited by fex; 2010-07-23 at 06:06 PM.