What happens to Winterspring?

Winterspring was always one of my favorite pre-TBC zones, is it getting any changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked Winterspring wasn't ready for testing yet. However concidering its close to Hyjal I expect alot less snow
    Forget everything you know about everything.

I'm flying out there right now to see if anything changed recently.

I'm HOPING that it becomes a 10 level zone as in 50-60. That would make the "flow" of questing in Kalimdor perfect!

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 03:55 PM ----------

Doesn't appear to be any changes yet. Sure feels like there's a heck of a lot more trees though...but that could just be because I've never ran around the zone at max video settings. I hope we get a lot of new quests dealing with the Blue Dragons in the area.

Deleted
    it's cataclysm... i guess that all zones will at least get minor changes

The minor changes to all zones took quest remodeling into account.

Doesn't necessarily mean all zones will change cosmetically.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2010-07-23 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Assume most blue flight gone or fighting the black flight now.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Yes, the zone will be changed. As for how much, I don't remember what color code Blizzard gave to the zone. Best to take a look back for the Blizzcon pictures.

this one seems like one of the zones with very little cataclysmic activity going on, and most of what we'll see will be revamped quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/m...esoverhaul.jpg

Man-with-arm decrees it only gets minor changes.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit View Post
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/m...esoverhaul.jpg

Man-with-arm decrees it only gets minor changes.
    It also shows Silverpine with minor changes...and Western Plaguelands...and Tanaris...etc.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Lightfist said, they might've changed their minds. Also, since we are talking about Old zones, does anyone know if they plan to update quests in Arathi, for Alliance atleast? They just renamed the quests and tied 'em together, it's sad after coming from the epicness known as Wetlands. Oh well, hope it's a work in progress, or someone knows an answer.

What happens to Wintersping?

Blizzard makes a movie of it. That's where Sam Raimi comes in.
    A movie poster just got leaked on the web:

I lol'd. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    I'm HOPING that it becomes a 10 level zone as in 50-60. That would make the "flow" of questing in Kalimdor perfect![COLOR="red"]
    Not going to happen. It will be a lvl 50-55 zone. And the only changes we know is that Darkwhisper Gorge is not part of the Winterspring map and that cave with the Felcloth vendor is removed from the game.

Areas affected here

Darkwhisper Gorge- now a part of the Mount Hyjal zone. Vi'el, the Felcloth vendor, and his cave have been removed. The bridge leading there has collapsed presumably to prevent low level players from entering the zone.

I think the Goblins would be missing a huge profit opportunity to not make a hot springs resort since Azshara is right below it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heftig View Post
    I think the Goblins would be missing a huge profit opportunity to not make a hot springs resort since Azshara is right below it.
    The Goblin in Everlook are from Steamweedle Cartel, another Goblin faction then the Goblin faction who joined the Horde which is Bilgewater Cartel.

Deleted
    I'd love to see some Taunka in Winterspring

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I'd love to see some Taunka in Winterspring
    There could be some refugees (many Taunka villages are evacuated) camping in Winterspring. It's an idea.