Poll: do you feel rogues deserve some better abilities

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I see it, even if we're ridiculously OP and oneshotting people, topping the charts, and can do ninja backflips on command, the "yes, show us the luvs...." choice is the superior option. It's like asking "Would you like someone to give you $100 for free?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    I mean come on, look at all the new talents and abilities all the other classes get. They are amazing and cool looking, what did we get? Smoke bomb (ok decent), combat readiness... pathetic, another cooldown to manage and all your opponent has to do is stop atking and kite u for 6 secs and it drops off. Redirect >.> we have to acctually click the skill to redirect points? and it has a 1 min cooldown wtf. Recupe seems awesome but im sure it will get nerfed.

now most of you might be ok with these new abilities, but ask yourself is it fair? look at mages, they are alrdy OP as is, but Wall of Fog, FROSTFIRE ORB, blazing speed will be tier 1 or 2 i forget so frost mages can get it lol good luck catching them now, arcane blast will slow + the mana shield knockback lol. Druid get inviso mushroom mines..... i mean how high was blizz when they thought of that one. pallys get pet. and the list just goes on and on.

Now im ok with all the other classes having all those sweet new skills and talents, all im asking is show rogues a little love please, is their anyone else who feels we got the short end of the stick?
    I didn't read through the nine other pages, but if you're complaining about new abilities, hunters got Trap Launcher (re-hashed ability), cobra shot (re-hashed ability), and camouflage, which until a tooltip was updated, looked like complete and utter shit, not so much now though (stealth ftw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke
    [combat readiness... pathetic, another cooldown to manage and all your opponent has to do is stop atking and kite u for 6 secs and it drops off.
    You could say that for every classes abilities. pfft mortal strike sucks, all you have do is stand 5 yards away from the warrior and he's useless! or, pffft hunters suck, all you have to do is get in close to them and they can't do shit. You can't just blatantly say one spell sucks because you're thinking of it as if it was your only spell, when you have other abilities to / items to help you use them properly. In the time that the other player is trying to run away from you, you could a) get back into stealth, b) sprint at them and get 6 seconds of free damage, c) bandage for 6 seconds, etc, etc.

As well, I didn't know you killed Deathwing already, congrats
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Simple answer to the title: Yes.
    help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxx View Post
    I love this!! Frostfire Orb requires talents, burning speed is tier 2 but I spent awhile trying to make a Frost PvP build getting it and I couldn't do it,same with Arcane Repulsion (the skill that causes Mage Armor to knockback, not sure what mana shield ability he's talking about.) And Arcane Blast adding slow is Arcane spec ONLY. And Wall of Fog....hmm...don't walk through it??

And all this is even assuming you use Mage Armor in PvP.
    That isn't even to mention, wall of fog and frostfire orb do jack diddly if you are CoS.

Even if 'x' class doesnt have 'y' amazing abilities .. you can bet your last dollar that as people get into the expansion and QQ on the forums about unbalanced abilities; either you will get talents / abilities to even out the playing field or those original amazing abilities will catch a beating from the nerf stick.

I admit, Rogues didn't get too many new abilities, but from an arena perspective, some of these can be very OP:
    Rogue Priest 2v2 - Harder switches with combo point transfers, your own self heal for when your partner is CC'd (ontop of your Cloak of Gay, Vanishgay, and Evasiongay), and a Smoke Bomb for the Anti pvp Gib, lol these are a PvPers DREAM.

And yes, paladins and mages will be very Overpowered when Cataclysm comes out... and im not assuming this, im stating the fact. Paladins, and mages were both Extremely OP when Divine storm and Arcane barrage/Missile Barrage talents were released in Burning Crusade, what makes it any different when Paladins add a LoLGGpet into the mix, and mages get an arsenal of new Spells to throw at you, on top of their very own Smoke Bomb/Vanishgay.

But there is hope for you..... Once Cata comes around, go make yourself a Ret/Rogue/Disc 3v3 or even the Standard Disc/Mage/Rogue and you'll climb to the 2k bracket withought a problem.

But guess what happens when Blizz realizes these classes are too OP?
    LOL NERF!!!!!!!
    And im sure you'll have another post up expressing your sincere Lawling over the nerfs

Edited: Replied to old post, nevermind.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2010-08-09 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinepromise View Post
    I was only aware of holy getting a pet .. but things could have changed since i looked into it
    It is not a pet. It is not a pet. It is not a pet.

It is a guardian that does something depending on your spec. Ret's is currently like the shadowmourne effect, Prot's currently absorbs damage (i think), and Holy's will heal the targets you heal. You will have absolutely zero control over it when you summon it and it only lasts for a short amount of time.

It is not a pet.

I think a major point a lot of people have missed here, is blizzard is making CC very important come cataclysm. So for mages complaining that the fog of ice or whatever it is isn't useful for pve, think again. Trash mobs will take a little more CCing off your healer, or recuperate may allow your healers to heal a more important target.

I see the new abilities as very helpful. But as the OP was pointing out, he wanted new abilities. While I sort of agree with another poster who said, "Mages are the ones who get the sparkly stuff," I do wish rogues would get new abiliies as well. Shadowstep when it was introduced was an amazing new ability for subtley rogues. Even killing spree brought life into the combat talent tree. Mutilate helped assassin rogues feel like assassins while you stab both your daggers into an enemy. It would be nice if rogues did get 1 new ability or something to make the class more fast paced. I don't mean to say make Rogue's Over Powered as I am sure the OP means the same thing. It would just be nice to get another ability. But beta is beta. So I am hoping they reduce the CD on sprint or even make sprint cost energy and reduce the CD. Even if Blizzard nerfs our dps a little, it would be nice to have a new ability.
    Last edited by Gentile911; 2010-08-10 at 02:15 AM.