Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because ragnaros still isn't badass because of his entrance? Puh-leeeeeaaaase. Intros for big bad bosses are here to stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post

What, an intro like this? A boss could just initiate some dorky pose, and then the fight begins. Everyone will be happy this way.
    Hehe. That's exactly what I thought

I'm fine with it provided the bosses are important, if Putricide had an intro or something then I'd just facepalm.

ever tried progress on saurfang as horde? yeah...

How about simply having some trigger to use before the boss, using it would cause the cutscene to play on your screen.

Something like the thingie in Magisters Terrace which gives you a tour of the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovietcake View Post
    maybe the first time you see the boss every raid lock out, but not every pull

This

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Hmm I get your point still a 10 second scene would be cool.
    Tough I guess this would take heaps amount time to make ones that really give you a feeling of epic
    Special or interesting bosses such as Saurfang or arthas yes, but any random nobody... Not so much.

City leaders should say something every time you pull them in my opinion such as "LOK'TAR OGAR!" or "You horde scum won't take me down!" etc. As a voice clip and such at the very least.

P.S Tyrande needs a new model desperately x.x.

A small introduction of 10/15 seconds (skip-able) where you can see who you fighting with, what it's function/job does and how one of his attacks works should be really nice. New players would understand a boss quicker this way.

or LK. I can recite the whole LK/tirion speech

I'll admit, when I saw this thread title, I thought of Kael'thus joining the Twlight Cult, and walking towards us to the tune of "Back in Black".

Deleted
    introductions for bosses should be used sparingly, its not something you want to squander on every boss,i personally don't mind the speeches but there's a huge amount of people than gets bored quickly with them and would skip them in a heartbeat. To me they should only be used on certain bosses, like end wing ones or Lore wise npcs.

Having the boss taunting you before you get to him while clearing the trash is also acceptable to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Special or interesting bosses such as Saurfang or arthas yes, but any random nobody... Not so much.

City leaders should say something every time you pull them in my opinion such as "LOK'TAR OGAR!" or "You horde scum won't take me down!" etc. As a voice clip and such at the very least.

P.S Tyrande needs a new model desperately x.x.
    Um, dont they already do this?
    Im pretty sure ive heard Magni say "Feel the fury of the mountain!" as a voice clip when pulled.

Anything that takes extra time is bad in the eyes of most players today.
    Theyre so set on progressing to the next point or just on getting a drop that they don't even take time to appreciate what theyre doing.

Boss intros should stay and be shown on the first attempt of every lock out.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I would like lore on EVERY BOSS, BITCHES.

I remember Thaddius dying emote... finding out why was nice, but it shouldnt require that much digging.

I think it was so much more satisfying to do Ulduar, knowing the relevance of each boss, than instance X with this dude who worked in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook View Post
    Our MT DCs after every LK kill because the cutscene gives his wow a fatal error, if this happened at the start of the fight instead of after we would never defeat the encounter =(
    Haha! I had a similar error, Wow was throwing a null pointer exception when playing some of the sounds in Naxx. The problem was: Windows knew I had a sound card so would disable the motherboard sound ... But a problem in Wows code + my Motherboard meant wow would call the Bios to find the sound card, and the bios thought the motherboard sound was active, thus getting a null object in return...

Was pretty lol after I fixed it, but very annoying beforehand >_<

Intros are nice and fun the first time in. But after it<s farm, it gets tedious.
    All intro/cutscene should get a skip option once the boss has been killed once by the one talking to the npc that starts it.

yes the idea of an npc or lock out is am excellent idea for those who do not care for an intro.
    The Zelda idea is a nice way to do that also nice and easy.
    Tough What kind of intro would you suggest for a boss?
    I would love to know other peoples opinions.
    Last edited by CopyCat; 2010-07-24 at 01:29 PM.