Curse client, it wont work.

Everytime i try to open curse client, this happens:

"Curse client v4 could not establish a connection with the update server. This could be due to a firewall or other security application.

Click Retry to try to connect again, or click Cancel to continue launching without updating."

and if i click cancel it trys to launch, shows a window with a dragon and 5 things with everything having a check mark beside it besides the connection.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 02:52 AM ----------

okay, i decided to delete it and reinstall, nothing

so i downloaded v3, IT WORKS, but v4 wont?

anyone know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not trust the curse client just install the addonz manually

It sounds like you have made firewall exception for the Curse Client v3 but not v4. Firewalls will see a difference in program versions and not allow the new version unless explicitly told to.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soygalol View Post
    Do not trust the curse client just install the addonz manually
    This. The curse client is slow and buggy, and manually putting them into your folder is faster anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathol View Post
    This. The curse client is slow and buggy, and manually putting them into your folder is faster anyways.
    I can bet you real money that you will not update any number of addons faster manually than with the Curse client if the starting point is empty desktop with two icons. One for Curse Client and one for your favourite web browser.

Also, I've never had any problems with either the v3 or v4 CC, although I've heard some of the third party addys back in v3 client had some browser exploits.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-07-24 at 10:34 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Be nice for curse lads, they're the new supreme rules of this galaxy.

But seriously if you need some technical assistance pm one of the new admins on these forums, I believe you can safely say most admins with less than 100 posts will be working for curse. Or you can pm any mod or even Bibi to get a name to contact.

This happened to me recently.
    What had happened was I got a nice little malware trojan on my system. It's the one that tells you your comp is under attack from a virus and directs you to some anti-virus software site.
    What it does right off is change your connection settings in Internet Explorer. The Curse Client uses IE to connect to their server, so if IE gets shut down, then nothing will connect.
    If this is the case, open IE, then under Tools go to Internet Options. When that little window pops up, click on the Connections tab. Near the bottom of the window, there will be a button for LAN Settings, click that. In there, there are 3 boxes that you can check. You want "Automatically Detect Settings" checked, the rest blank. The bottom one is to use a proxy server for your LAN. This is what messes it up.
    Good luck. Malwarebytes is excellent for removing this stuff.

And before anyone says it, I do not use this comp for pron, I have another one for that. And it is protected to the max.
    But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.