is this laptop good for wow ?

Asus K52JK-SX031V
    Display: 15.6" HD TFT (1366x768, Color-Shine)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.27GHz)
    Graphics: ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5145, 1GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory
    Storage: 500GB (5400rpm)
    Memory: 4096MB (2048x2) DDRIII 1066 RAM

it cost just 600 gbp

or i can find better for that price?
    Last edited by Stillfunky; 2010-07-22 at 08:41 PM.

It's fair enough.

Overall laptops suck for gaming.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

yeah, i know, but i have no choise. Traveling, renting often new flats/rooms so its better to buy a laptop for me. and it will run cata with no problems? and without low fps in 25-man's?

I played WoW for a while on a laptop with lower specs than that (nVidia 9600M GT, Core2Duo 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM) and it ran very well, even in raids with graphics on medium (this was at the end of TBC).

The new water graphics in Cata might be a problem, but I guess you can switch the improved graphics off, just like the new shadows that came with WotLK.
    Want a balloon?

If you can swing it get an i7m. That is currently the best mobile processor for gaming.

That being said the one you listed should be fine.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

what do u think about that laptop ?
    Acer Aspire 8735G
    Screen size - 18.4 in
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 - 2.13
    RAM - 4 GB
    Hard Drive - 640 GB
    Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Optical Drive - Blu Ray
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT240M 1GB DDR3
    Webcam - Integrated
    Warranty - 1 year warranty

better or no ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillfunky View Post
    what do u think about that laptop ?
    Acer Aspire 8735G
    Screen size - 18.4 in
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 - 2.13
    RAM - 4 GB
    Hard Drive - 640 GB
    Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Optical Drive - Blu Ray
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT240M 1GB DDR3
    Webcam - Integrated
    Warranty - 1 year warranty

better or no ?
    not really, you want to get an i5 650 or higher tbh. processor, that is

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    not really, you want to get an i5 650 or higher tbh. processor, that is
    The i5 650 is a desktop CPU. Not going to help for a laptop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    The i5 650 is a desktop CPU. Not going to help for a laptop.
    Theres no equivillent i5 or i7 processor for laptops?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Theres no equivillent i5 or i7 processor for laptops?
    Equivalent? Not really. The fastest mobile i5 is an i5-540M, which is a 2.53GHz dual core. Mobile i5 spec sheet

All you guys talk about is the effin processor. Don't you think the gfx-card should have a say in things?
    Obviously every part of a computer is important, especially the processor/gfx/ram.
    What i'm trying to say is this: A nice fast-clocked processor can only get you nice performance if you have a decent gfx-card paired with it.
    Some integrated ATI/Nvidia card won't get you anywhere.

"Notebookcheck" is where you'll want to go. Just google it and find their benchmark list (scroll down a bit, look on the right side of the site)
    Using that website will make it a lot easier for you to find a decent solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhellplayer View Post
    All you guys talk about is the effin processor. Don't you think the gfx-card should have a say in things?
    Not really for WoW. Any discrete graphics card/chip manufactured within past 5 years can run WoW with shadows turned off, and CPU is almost always the bottleneck. WoW is very unconventional game in that way. It's way more CPU hog than GPU hog compared to any other 3d games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhellplayer View Post
    Obviously every part of a computer is important, especially the processor/gfx/ram.
    What i'm trying to say is this: A nice fast-clocked processor can only get you nice performance if you have a decent gfx-card paired with it.
    Some integrated ATI/Nvidia card won't get you anywhere.

"Notebookcheck" is where you'll want to go. Just google it and find their benchmark list (scroll down a bit, look on the right side of the site)
    Using that website will make it a lot easier for you to find a decent solution.
    This is true for any other game except WoW. Since most people who visit this forum play WoW and are interested in upgrading according to WoW performance that is why you see so much talk about processor speed etc.