Possible PvP spec?

This is the spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LcbGbf...ht0gbzb:sqaz0M

Before submitting your opinions please realize what this spec is giving you from speccing into the prot tree.
    o More Survivability/Defensive abilities
    -5% Dodge from Anticipation.
    -Last Stand.
    -10% more armor from Toughness.
    -4% more chance for spells to miss.
    -A silence effect.
    -Reduced duration of movement impairing effects.
    o Offensive
    -A 5 second stun that also does damage.
    -Reduced Disarm cooldown and increased damage while the target is disarmed.
    -An improved thunderclap

Only flaws are you lose a heal after getting crit, Armored to the Teeth, 5% crit, an AoE daze and of course, Bladestorm.

Obviously this spec wouldn't be used for arenas too often as you lose some burst. This spec is more of a 1vX spec with some survivability and offensive attacks that you wouldn't normally get and the enemy wouldn't expect.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    are you intending to use the spec with 1hander and sheild or 2hander?
    also, ok your getting a lot of survivability but like you said your losing a tonne of burst and potential damage making you more of a tank than a dps as it were.
    Tbh, it may be viable, i just dont think it will work as well as you intend it to, but gogo try it and prove me wrong

I'm assuming he meant for it to be a Sword and Board spec seeing as you can't take full advantage of the Gag Order without a shield equipped, I can see the spec working for battlegrounds and world PvP, situations where your gonna be fighting 1-2 people and the survivability gives you a chance of winning and the loss of the damage talents from arms is only really gonna affect you when your up against a dps + well geared/skilled healer, which doesn't happen TOO often in bgs and world pvp :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ye i thought the same at first but he has specced into increased damage from 2 handed weapons which threw me off.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LcrGbf...htbgbzb:mwVz0M probably a better version of the spec. Do a sword and board and you should be fine. Not an arena spec since you lose all your burst but a decent BG and 1vX spec.
    Last edited by Meteos; 2010-07-24 at 08:13 PM.

I said in my post that this spec would only be used for BGs, and World PvP. More survivability, less burst. It's not meant to be an arena spec.

And no, you're not using a one-hander and a shield, it's a 2handed weapons spec. You'd get more burst from using a 2hander, you can just make a macro to equip your shield for shield bash for the silence. Although the sole purpose of speccing into Gag Order was for the ranged silence which could help in several situations with casters.

just go prot.

Balls Deep!!