Poll: Would You Pay?

Thread: Would You Pay?

Would You Pay?

Would you pay for special classes or races not open through any other means?

Eredar, Pandaren, Forest Troll
    Hex Master, Brewmaster, Demon Hunter

Just a few examples.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Not only would I not pay, but I'd likely cancel my subscription. Convenience or vanity items are one thing, but selling things like that is a big step towards selling gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

No, I wouldn't pay. But, then again, I wouldn't spend more than the $15 per month on WoW. (ex. Vanity Items, that gay sparkley horse, etc.)
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    For Pandarens, HELL YEAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

I'd cancel the subscription without thinking twice. Just as much as I'd love to play Pandaren, it's completely incoherent for a game to ask for a monthly payment and then sell extra perks in game. As long as they are reasonable and cosmetic, I don't like it, but i'll live. If they start affecting the game (racials, classes, ...), no way José.

Celestial steed = Do not invite to raid. Sadly, death knight should mean this too, so special races, classes wanting to raid, would hopefully mean the same thing, but it'd be pretty hard to ignore, especially if the buffs were worth it. So...yeah, it'd drive me to cancel and play a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    For Pandarens, HELL YEAH!
    No "S" at Pandaren ! "Ren" means people in Mandarin Chinese, so it's still Pandaren when there's several of them !

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, but i should never have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I gotta agree with most of these comments about that being a step toward selling gear and whatnot. I would however be interested in cheap, strictly cosmetic options being for sale. Like say, a $10 dollar patch or micro expansion that allows you to use some different cosmetic skins on the preexisting races. Taunka, Mag'har, forsaken elves, stuff like that. Hell, I'd drop 5 bones for just some new haircuts and maybe a couple new face options.

Deleted
    That would be selling an in-game advantage seeing as someone might actually stop dead in their tracks, see a Pandaren and just bow down to their awesomeness waiting to be killed, which I would not support.

Deleted
    We already have one type of eredar and one type of troll so why would they add more in the first place? Unless you mean in character creation pick say a dwarf then turn them dark iron (to go with the dark irons in ironforge)

I'd not do it, but for Pandaren i think a lot of people would.
    I mean sparkle pony does look kinda cool, if not for a) It's absolutely everywhere, and b) It plasters a giant 'I'm a chump' label over your head for all to see.

And lets face it, Pandaren are least a million times cooler than sparkle pony.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really isn't a question of if we'd pay, it would be a question of does Blizz want to spend so much money and time in creating a new class / race for such a unknown return? Think about it. Lets say they put the monk in as a race. Which side does it go to? What classes can it be? Just a monk class? Do they really want to make an entire race that can only be 1 class? How would you balance it? Think of a new starting area, new weapons and armor types, animations, emotes, yadda yadda yadda. And if you do 1 you have to do 2. Blood Elves and Draenei. Goblins and Worgen. Death Knights don't count because they werent a race, they were a class avaliable to both sides. Being a Pandaren or whatever is a Race, not a class. You'd not see a Troll Pandaren or Human Pandaren... So it absolutely would never be an option to put something like that in the online store. Too much effort for such an unknown payout.

if i had some extra cash on me, most certainly

however if it was ridiculously overpriced then absolutely not.

Deleted
    Surely paying for features like this would just be considered and x-pac. Would they release a new expansion that had no world-increases but purely were new classes and races? Maybe.... and I probably would buy it. If it was just something you downloaded and paid per class, per race... I don't know as I would, but if one day they say "we are not releasing any new levels/quests/zones but we are releasing a new expansion with new classes" then I might get it to enjoy levelling 1-80(85) on a totally new class.