Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dive into the Mind of a Gold Seller - Conversation Log

A goldspammer whispered me today, and, as a up-and-coming journalist, I had to keep track of everything that was said and try to ask some questions to really get into the minds of the gold sellers.

Here is a log of the conversation we had: (And I'm sorry, I don't do this much, and it's pretty choppy. And it took me almost an hour to finish. FML.)

It really was interesting the things that I learned. Figured I'd pass it along in the spirit of discussion.

MMO-Champion, your thoughts?

-=EDIT=-

CTRL + Mouse Wheel zooms in / out of a web page. Sorry the text is so small!
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Kinda same discussion i had with a girl gold seller some time ago, they seem really friendly.

Awww poor the lil Chinese farmer girl will probably be executed when they check her logs, dooming her entire family. Good going...

I still cant agree with it. Similar to how I cant support hookers or drug dealers. Even though it may be for a good reason it's not allowed for a good reason.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

hard times in china huh?
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Not sure if that was someone trying to troll you in game or if it was really a gold farmer. If it really was the later that was a very interesting conversation. Nice post nonetheless

Deleted
    so many ^_^ s...
    anyways, quite interesting discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Aramos View Post
    Not sure if that was someone trying to troll you in game or if it was really a gold farmer. If it really was the later that was a very interesting conversation. Nice post nonetheless
    It seemed legit to me. Figured the info was interesting enough to merit passing it along.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Merham View Post
    hard times in china huh?
    Hard times in America too man. I CANT AFFORD AN IPAD!!!

On a serious note this was pretty interesting to read. Nice post man.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there's a gold seller on my server who I like to hold casual conversations with, they can be very nice if you're nice in return. I think it's because most people see their whisper and go "F*** U I NO WANA BUY G GO AWAY UR MOM DONT LOVE U"

I've never even bought gold either.

Quote Originally Posted by 3nfy View Post
    I CANT AFFORD AN IPAD!!!
    I would buy an iPad if it was smaller (say, pocket size) and made phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Awww poor the lil Chinese farmer girl will probably be executed when they check her logs, dooming her entire family. Good going...

I still cant agree with it. Similar to how I cant support hookers or drug dealers. Even though it may be for a good reason it's not allowed for a good reason.
    I laughed my ass of when i saw this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    I would buy an iPad if it was smaller (say, pocket size) and made phone calls.
    Like an Iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

Supports what I have always thought, you shouldn't hate the seller, hate the company as a whole. The individual sellers are usually nice enough people, it's the ones who take advantage of them/the situation who are the bad ones.

I had a similar conversation like this a while ago, that is, it was pretty casual, not instant spam and what not. It only lasted a few sentences before he tricked me. It was interesting, I mean, it was a lvl 1 so I was suspicious obviously, but who knows, maybe these guys work for the same company and are taught to be nice!

Deleted
    saw a tv broadcast about this 2 years ago,
    the guy running the business is the only one getting big money,
    the other ones are slaves, sleeping under their computer and running bots all day

it's a nightmare for those farmers, i hope the guy you talk to will succeed to get out of this, and get a real job

Deleted
    Hmm i was also having one of these conversations with a goldseller about a week ago and the seller i was talking to was also chinese and named Amy, however she told me her english name was Amy and her chinese name was liujuan so maybe when they get hired they get told to introduce themself as Amy.. just my thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar conversation with a gold seller like this, and she kept returning to me on different characters every week. Was pretty interesting. I even got to ask her if in china the call chinese food chinese food or just food. She said it was just food lol. It ended when my my bro was playing and she whispered him and he was all OMFG GOD DAM GOLDSELLER FUCK YOU GTFO and then she cussed him out in chinese , google translator says that means Go Die, or something to that effect.

Interesting. I'll have to ask my next level 1 whisperer a few questions! See if their name is Amy too... =o
    Meep~

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    A goldspammer whispered me today, and, as a up-and-coming journalist, I had to keep track of everything that was said and try to ask some questions to really get into the minds of the gold sellers.

Here is a log of the conversation we had: (And I'm sorry, I don't do this much, and it's pretty choppy. And it took me almost an hour to finish. FML.)
    *snip*

It really was interesting the things that I learned. Figured I'd pass it along in the spirit of discussion.

MMO-Champion, your thoughts?

-=EDIT=-

CTRL + Mouse Wheel zooms in / out of a web page. Sorry the text is so small!
    It's obvious. Your only choice is to get married and bring your new found love to the states. Stay happy!
    Last edited by Elementium; 2010-07-24 at 03:29 PM.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1 View Post
    It's obvious. Your only choice is to get married and bring your new found love to the states. Stay happy!
    Why oh why did you quote the post without breaking up the image tags?