Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, slam is a 1.5 second casted ability. The 2 point talent lowers the casting time by 0.5/1.0 seconds, leaving it at .5 second cast time. Many of the complaints or suggestions in this thread have been about it's lowered utiliy as an ability given its utter uselessness in PVP and it's limiting use in raiding. It's a GCD filler at this point. What many of us were saying is that if they added something like a Sunder Armor effect to it, or an interrupt chance, even, the cast time would be more than understandable.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharybinx View Post
    I've played a warrior for years and am i the only one who thinks Slam is a completely garbage ability that needs to go?
    You have played for years ? Stop being silly.
    I've played ARMS since TBC and i loved that spec. Watching swing timer and using slam a lot was nice, but they broke it. Now pve arms just sux, low dmg in raids, can't reach as much as fury.

I have tried old style arms (slam every swing), but it is just not doing enough dmg, there is too many procs which u have to use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avlli View Post
    I've played ARMS since TBC and i loved that spec. Watching swing timer and using slam a lot was nice, but they broke it. Now pve arms just sux, low dmg in raids, can't reach as much as fury.

I have tried old style arms (slam every swing), but it is just not doing enough dmg, there is too many procs which u have to use
    "Sux" does it? You must be referring to fights with adds or you're just used to matching up with poorly geared players. Check the World of Logs, sometime. Arms warriors aren't up there with Fury because fury itemizes better with the higher stats thanks to stat multiplying talents like Improved Berserker Stance, we've known this for years, but the arms warriors that are out there are currently pulling higher DPS than half of the other classes in the game. It in no way, shape or form "sux" and is completely competitive.

The warriors I know going against H.LK25 every week have an arms spec for that fight specifically. It has way more mobility and utility and you're going to have to get used to that in Cata. Utility over Damage. No more free AoE. This time next year, expect arms to be the "raiding" spec.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'm fairly certain that if that was the case, this thread wouldn't exsist.
    If people read most-all blue posts, I'm sure half the topics on any forum wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Avlli View Post

Actually I have, now back under your bridge.

Slam sucks. Two talent points into it just to be able to raid as arms is bad.
    Last edited by Zacharybinx; 2010-07-27 at 10:03 AM.