Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As said, a lot of people in Europe genuinely never bother with a credit card, ever. A lot of us just use debit cards because you cannot spend what you do not have and so never get into debt, plus students in the UK get interest free overdrafts so there really is absolutely no need for a credit card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    A lot of adults in Europe don't have a credit card, will. Everyone having one is an American thing. (A lot of British adults do but by no means all and considerably less do in many other European countries)

And no, Blizzard don't sell authenticators anywhere else than their store, as smart as that would be.
    Blizzard's loss then. I agree with you. When I went to the US (and even Iceland) everyone had a card. Not so common here. The easiest thing to get here is probably a Visa Debit and (in the UK specifically) a lot of people don't bother - cash is still a perfectly good payment method. But despite this I still strongly urge you to try and get one Perhaps some friends, family or even neighbours may be willing to order in one for you?

Authenticator for the forums - To be honest I don't see how this is necessary because it means I'd have to carry my authenticator everywhere I go. I know that's not a hard thing to do but it's quite frustrating when I forget it by accident and want to harmlessly check the forums from work or something.

Aside from those faults they did say it's periodic (only, we don't know how long these periods are) and authenticating doesn't take long.

Look at your Debt Card. Does it have either a Visa or Mastercard logo? If they do then YES you can use em like any old credit card. If your debt card does not? What are you stuck in the early 90's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    firstlol
    You proud of yourself?

To be honest, I find that Blizzard just gave me the oportunity to buy an authenticator...
    I kept holding it off...

Now's the right time I guess...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988 View Post
    It's true, a lot of adults in Europe don't have credit cards...
    They have *debit* cards...

Not the same thing...
    It's plastic though lol...

When you're buying something online, your debit card can be used just like a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    When you're buying something online, your debit card can be used just like a credit card.
    Depends on the debit card...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    If your account has been compromised you should be emailing/phoning Blizzard's support, not posting about it and hoping someone from Blizzard sees. (Unless you're talking about support from people, in which case I'm sure there are stickies repeating the same things people fail to do to keep their accounts secure.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    a) even if you get hacked while having an auth attached to your account the stealer cant detach it without having access to your stuff to proove he is you and so cant put another auth on.
    b) the forums are not there to qq about being hacked...
    I was hacked before and had an authenticator put on. What would have taken hours by calling tech support (Yes I did, for 5 hours and I never got through) I solved in a much shorter time by giving up on calling, going on the forums, and doing what they have a thread suggesting you do: Make/post in a thread about getting an unauthorized authenticator removed. I got an email stating it was removed and prompting me to change my password about an hour later.

Sure, people with problems like these are probably in the majority but I was just proving a point that the forums do help with this situation, plus all that is necessary is saying something like "An authenticator was put on my account without my permission." so any "QQing" that may occur depends on the person.

Also, I'm all for putting an authenticator in the retail box. Seeing as they're Blizzard, they can probably spare the slight profit loss from the extra authenticator being free with the game. (They can't cost that much to make, based on the cost of them in the Blizzard store)

On topic: I'm happy with most of the paladin changes, though I'm not so sure with turning Divine Protection into Shield Block rather than Shield Wall. I don't see why they don't turn Holy Shield into Shield Block, since they're playing around with it so much. I'm also really happy they removed the daze from Avenger's Shield, since it seemed to do exactly what they said. The silence part of the shield was good for pulling in casters, but the daze part made it so they only moved about 2 feet before the silence faded and they started casting again. Lastly, the fact that the Judgements of the Wise mana restore ticks faster just relieved my mana concerns for Ret, but still not for Prot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988 View Post
    Depends on the debit card...
    Really? I thought if it had 16 numbers and an expiration date it could be used to buy things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing that someone in a european country that has both internett, and computer and world of warcraft, as well as being an ADULT don't have a credit card. I personally don't know anyone above 18 who doesn't have one. Unless their country is 40 years behind : /
    Credit cards market penetration is highly country-dependent, I'm afraid you're guilty of making assumptions. For example, mobile-phone based billing is very popular in several (specifically Nordic, but rapidly spreading East) European countries, rather than credit cards and WAP/i-mode is important in Japan as well. Germany has ELV and gyropay as popular options (and a mere 4 million issued credit cards!).

dadou131988 - Again, debit cards being accepted issued as VISA/Mastercard is far from universal - In the UK Solo (which is being phased out, but will still be around for a few years yet) and Electron can't, for example. Then there's Laser in Ireland, Carte Bleue Nationale in France (you have to pay extra for VISA/Mastercard, and a lot of people don't), etc. etc.

Sure, in the Middle East and America, you can assume most gamers have access to a VISA or Mastercard-branded card. But in Europe and Asia, this is simply a bad assumption. The very least Blizzard could do is accepting Paypal and more debit card types!
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2010-07-24 at 04:57 PM.

Everyone's talking about stream lol, how about a 2 thumbs up for those amazing cataclysm zone videos. Just perfect. Even loved the soundtrack.Thx Muffins

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    Really? I thought if it had 16 numbers and an expiration date it could be used to buy things lol.
    Nah, has to also be Visa/MasterCard/eCard/Carte Bleue/etc...
    Plus it also depends on the website you are buying from...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

Hahaha
    dont ask me why,
    but when i was watching the movie at 7:50 minutes
    i really made me think of that mechanical margikarp from Pokemon's Team Rocket

Im serious.. blizz just doesnt think things thru.. alot of mobile phones dont suport the mobile autenticator... Also if ur acount gets hacked i for example (from romania) a country that doesnt have blizz suport... can just kiss my acount goodbye... If i cant post on forums... im lost. I for example have a Nokia n97 which doesnt suport the autenticator... My wife has a nokia 5800 hers doesn`t suport it aswell.. immo make it work for all phones then come with a requirment like this one... its realy not right to treat a part of their customers like this... + how the hell will i acces from work ? if i have no autenticator...? buy a real one just to Post from work .. seems stupid.

people usually hack the stream and put it in the internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkiller View Post
    The numbers are pulled from the sky btw, just to make a point.
    thus meaning your point is probably inaccurate, fact is you dont know how it works yet, you dont know if all the decitions will be as clean cut as your making it out to be. They mentioned youll have to take one mandetory talent for example tanking, that might only be a 3 point talent, so what makes you think they meant the majority of the talents. With the example they gave would suggest 3 - 5 being mandetory and the 28 - 26 left over being your own decition.

I could be wrong, but thats my point noone knows. so sop jumping to conclutions. this is the beta, things will and have changed.

I don't get these official forum changes. First the real ID, now the liability for players with an authenticator. I'm not complaining about having to type 6 random numbers to log-in to the forum, but the need to have your authenticator with you in order to post on the forum, even if you're not at home and just posting on a different computer to pass time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Blizzard should just fuck off with that authenticator. I try to order one for a long time now and guess what - not possible WITHOUT a credic card. Maybe upgrading their shop would be a nice idea ...
    I'm not sure why all the rage. The blue post just said "players who utilize authenticators on their account will now be asked to enter it upon their first time logging into the forums". So, it only applies IF you already use an authenticator. They are not making it mandatory (yet).

As far as I know you can get a free app for at least the iPhone if not lots of other smartphones by now to act as an authenticator direct from Blizzard.

There are plenty of real world stores to buy pre-paid credit cards in the UK or you could register for a virtual credit card online with the big credit card companies and pay however you want (its free).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-07-24 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    people usually hack the stream and put it in the internet
    Actually they mostly go for the simpler solution of streaming a stream of the stream while they themselves are watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical blue post:

Paladin
    Paladin
    Paladin
    Paladin
    Paladin