Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Things actually tend to lead to an unspoken truce, people are too focused on leveling to bother to kill each other. PvP does often occur in areas where people are waiting for quest mob(s) to respawn however.
    This. It's odd, but once xpacs start, PvP seems to die down a lot. Yes, occasionally a fight will break out, but all in all, people are too focused on hitting level cap since that's where Blizzard focuses their efforts on.

Things actually tend to lead to an unspoken truce, people are too focused on leveling to bother to kill each other.
    Haha. I wish this is how it would go down, but it wont. It's not even happening in the Beta where there's the supposed extra incentive of making sure things are working right and actually testing for bugs. Your best bet is probably Vash'jr. Hyjal is just waaaay to crowded for people to get along. There will be skeletons everywhere. Then again, you can fly away in Hyjal if things get out of hand.

Deleted
    Leveling as a retri paladin on a PVP server on the WOTLK launch, i cant really say it was a problem. There were 3-4 pvp encounters whilst levelling but, no ganking.

This raises another question. Will you be leveling in your PvE gear or PvP gear? My PvP gear ain't anywhere near as good as my PvE set but I might use it anyway.

Hellfire can still be a gank-fest, at least on Eredar. No doubt because it's the lowest-level area where a high-level player can fly to get around and look for people to gank.

Funniest thing that ever happened in Hellfire was when my orc DK got ganked by one of my own guildmates.. I'm normally Alliance, and this was a Horde alt, so he didn't recognize me.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nat400 View Post
    This raises another question. Will you be leveling in your PvE gear or PvP gear? My PvP gear ain't anywhere near as good as my PvE set but I might use it anyway.
    My rogue's in full PvP, so that won't be an issue for me. My shammy.. I dunno, might be a problem, depending on who gets the jump on who. My prot pally? Bring it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    When Wotlk dropped, we knew it would be foolish to quest alone (EU-Kazzak. So we formed groups of 2, so if some unfortunate thought he would be funny, he would end up attacking 2 for the price of one. Also dont forget we will be able to fly around so you wont be chased around 2 much, when you see a group coming mount up and fly up!

TL,DR- Find a friend/guildy to level with, its much safer and you can gank others that are leveling by themselves
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

I swear, launch day gankfests must be a European thing, because I haven't heard a single case, outside of brief full-scale warfare when somebody ganks a guy's last quest mob and shit escalates, in which people haven't recognized the truce.

Isn't world PvP kinda the reason to play on a PvP server? I mean, there's not really any difference between a PvE and a PvP server apart from red instead of yellow. Anyways, I'm prolly levling in PvP-spec on my warlock and protdamage-spec on my warrior(more fun and faster), so I'm feeling kinda safe ;P

I'm gonna have the time of my life backraping poor people levelling without any PvP gear.
    You can always level later, world PvP is too rare to miss on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    Haha. I wish this is how it would go down, but it wont. It's not even happening in the Beta where there's the supposed extra incentive of making sure things are working right and actually testing for bugs. Your best bet is probably Vash'jr. Hyjal is just waaaay to crowded for people to get along. There will be skeletons everywhere. Then again, you can fly away in Hyjal if things get out of hand.
    The only "extra incentive" in beta is for people to test out their new skills. This thread is about leveling on a live server during the initial rush to hit 85, which is completely different...

That said, between phasing, flying, the sheer size of the zones, and the above comments about the "truce"... you should be fine. The main thing I'd be worried about is if you're leveling Alliance on a Horde-dominated server (which many PvP servers are), in which case you're probably used to being ganked while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Isn't world PvP kinda the reason to play on a PvP server? I mean, there's not really any difference between a PvE and a PvP server apart from red instead of yellow. Anyways, I'm prolly levling in PvP-spec on my warlock and protdamage-spec on my warrior(more fun and faster), so I'm feeling kinda safe ;P
    Pretty sure theres a difference between World PvP, and getting caught in the middle of a gank-fest. World PvP generally involves too sides that actually want to kill each other. Been ganked means your trying to do your own thing quest, explore, what ever floats your boat and getting raped from a rogue from behind or a dk pulling you into a bush an doing terrible things to you or a warlock fearing you off cliffs or into random mobs....gosh its gonna be fun
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Things actually tend to lead to an unspoken truce, people are too focused on leveling to bother to kill each other. PvP does often occur in areas where people are waiting for quest mob(s) to respawn however.
    Sounds about right. I played on a PvE server for two years and decided to do a PvP server for TBC. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Even PvP players are still focused on getting back to raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtoncutter View Post
    I'm gonna have the time of my life backraping poor people levelling without any PvP gear.
    You can always level later, world PvP is too rare to miss on it.
    I almost got a tear in my eye, so true!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wear pvp gear and keep a trinket equipped and travel in groups u will be fine.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    I almost got a tear in my eye, so true!
    Oh yes i will be melting every alliance face i see in hyjal! the whole cata is centered around war, war there shall be
    85 priest working on my dk next

15+ Year Old Account
    being a tank + lfg tool ftw
    after you hit 85, leveled your professions and geared up so you only get upgrades through the current up2date raids, you can quest and catch up the lore between your raiding schedules.

areas won't be as crowded as on the beginning. more time on focusing the lore ftw.

Having played on a PvP server sinc vanilla, I can say my experience is exactly what some of the people above me said: Once the new expansion comes out, there is about a week of ' unspoken ' truce where the ganking/PvP in the various questing zones is minimal. There is the random bored rogue who likes ganking, but in general everyone is waaaay too busy to get to max level in order to start farming the next PvE or PvP gear.

Well I'm guessing the massive amount of phasing they are apparently using will help to cut down the amount of players you are actually able to see at a given time.