Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    To be fair, I never used frost outside of heroics, it was always blood for raids, but all you ever needed for threat was D&D -> Howling Blast/Blood Boil spam. That was it. Acclimation was great for Heroics, you could eat Shadow Blasts and things like that.

Frost tanks, you won't be missed.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Man, I can't wait for cata...with all the DW blood tanks. Not to mention DW unholy people who will claim to be tanks.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    Man, I can't wait for cata...with all the DW blood tanks. Not to mention DW unholy people who will claim to be tanks.
    If it worked in a heroic for them, it's obviously viable for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    If it worked in a heroic for them, it's obviously viable for everything else.
    You don't like DW tanking, so obviously no one else should.

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx View Post
    Im gonna miss giving my dps warrior friend hysteria while I tank. I won't be able to sing Def Leppard lyrics over vent anymore... well, with good reason, anyway.

I won't miss trying to heal an entire party with aggro, since a dw frost tank is using fast weapons and can't hold aggro for shit. HB being good snap aggro is a myth.
    Frost DW tank with 2 fast tank weapons is a bad tank. With 2 slow weapons, and tabbing through the mobs, a frost tank shouldn't have aggro problems.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    You don't like DW tanking, so obviously no one else should.
    I'm pretty sure he/she is referring to the DW Blood tanks/UH tanks that pop up now. Those two types are inferior to their 2h counterparts. That's not opinion, it's fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't miss Frost tanking particularly, but I'll miss Blood dps. It's how my main has been specced since his creation, though I have a DW Frost tanking spec as secondary.

I still can't understand why they didn't just keep Frost as the tanking tree, like it really is right now. Have no idea what to do when Cataclysm hits - learn to use Unholy as dps, or Blood as tanking? Right now I'm leaning on playing my warlock as main. At least warlocks get actual positive changes -_-
    Peace through love, understanding and superior firepower.

What I'm going to miss most is queueing up for the random as dps, and getting a Frost DK DW tank using dual Rimefang's Claws, and constantly pulling aggro on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Secarian View Post
    I still can't understand why they didn't just keep Frost as the tanking tree, like it really is right now.
    DW frost or 2H UH are the DPS specs right now, 2H blood is the tanking spec. As soon as you graduate from random heroics, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Secarian View Post
    I won't miss Frost tanking particularly, but I'll miss Blood dps. It's how my main has been specced since his creation, though I have a DW Frost tanking spec as secondary.

I still can't understand why they didn't just keep Frost as the tanking tree, like it really is right now. Have no idea what to do when Cataclysm hits - learn to use Unholy as dps, or Blood as tanking? Right now I'm leaning on playing my warlock as main. At least warlocks get actual positive changes -_-
    Blood has more tanking talents than Frost.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.