Spriest primary skills

I've notice that Spriest gets 2 primary skills instead of 3 for the other speccs, but you'll say that Shadow Priest skill count for 2. you're darn right, but i think those two bonus arent spicing enough the gameplay. Plus, im surprised to see that Improved shadow word: Pain is still up there in the tree. The specc designer weren't supposed to remove all the boring talents? Imo, i think this one is classified a very boring talent to put points in and i guess it would have a great spot in the primary skills, since SW:Pain is quite a use for Spriest and the level scalling would be fair, i guess.

What do you think about that?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    we have some cool new abilities higher up like apparition. but its till beta and they are thinking of completely removing leveling talents such as spirit tap anyways. the only thing im mad about is to get imp inner fire i cant get the utilities like silence and psychic horror
    85 priest working on my dk next

I'm personally hoping that they ditch Twin Disciplines. I could see Imp Inner Fire being a reasonable T1 talent. Perhaps Reflective Shields at T2?

Edit: and to reply to the OP, I wouldn't worry too much. Priests have clearly received relatively little attention so far, so we can't really see what's in store until they start working on the class.

Deleted
    The Shadow Tree so far has only been trimmed, but hasn't actually received the Cataclysm make-over. With a little luck, we'll see some significant changes soon, after Blizz is fairly content with Paladins.

In the latest Q&A they specifically said that they have "plans" for Shadow Priests. As it stands now, we can't even reach 3/3 improved inner fire.

Of course they have plans for us.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I guess you're right, it's too soon for critism and paladins seem to be the center of attention for the develloping crew at the moment. I do not abandon hope for the class and im pretty excited for the upcoming mechanics. At least, i think it's pretty cool to give mind flay as starting skill for SPriest. damn i love that spell.

another question: What do you thin about the talent Pain and Suffering? Does it need to be untouched, remodeled, or totally wiped off the tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Priests have clearly received relatively little attention so far
    my fear is that blizz actually thinks we have received attention. evangelism, chakras, these gunky messy awkward little passive bullsh*t toys they gave to shadow.

they'll be sitting around a conference table near the beginning of the beta drinking wine made of dissolved money and being all, okay we have given these whiny priests some stuff, now let's move on to the classes we actually like

and in the meantime the guys who play priests, timid non-entity little pissants that they are (especially the one who plays shadow), are kind of making little chipmunk noises, half-trying to be heard over the din of the party to say the stuff priests got isn't actually very good, but at the same time they're also hoping they don't get noticed, so they aren't

a month or two down the road when the real classes are changing and evolving nicely, the priest developers are heavily drinking in their little cubicles and nervously eyeing their razorblades/pistols/full bottles of prescription drugs just begging to be overdosed on

that's what worries me

15+ Year Old Account
    I have exactly the same worries Annesh, and that's why I'm probably gonna change my main to my DK, Druid or Paladin come cataclysm. I love shadow but it has been pretty much stale since vanilla. The same basic rotation (+VT) nothing else. And according to Ghostcrawler we won't get anything really new at all...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

But I've also seen a lot of posts where say a Shadow priest or Feral druid imagines they are getting a paladin-level overhaul with half of their spells new. Neither the Shadow or Feral trees are done yet, but the bones are there. You'll see talent slide around or maybe one or two new ones added, but they aren't getting new resources (unless you call the orbs a resource), and we aren't removing say Lacerate or Mind Flay.
    From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...00&pageNo=2#36

What the hell?! "You'll see talent slide around or maybe one or two new ones added" - again, What the hell?! The shadow priest tree is a mess right now in beta, the same shit we had since ages now, only condensed into the 31 point trees. Still a boatload of passive +damage talents. Still stuff like the god aweful cooldown reduction on psychic scream and stuff like that...
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2010-07-26 at 07:58 AM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

LOL that's pathetic. They honestly think the garbage they're forcefeeding shadowpriests is fine.

Okay then.

---------- Post added 2010-07-26 at 08:13 AM ----------

Can someone with a beta account please get in that thread and tell GC about how the orbs and apparitions are awful ideas and should be replaced?

And also how we'd really like to see quite a bit more thought invested in our class and spec?

Cause it really seems like they don't understand what we want or need.