Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Yogscast videos are terrible, and not even worthy of lulz.

And dropping Improved Mind Blast because Mind Spike makes it Instant? Have you even looked at the tree since vanilla?

Improved Mind Blast is not a cast time reduction, it's a cooldown reduction. As of 3.1-3.2, it's also an "MS" effect.
    The fact you'd even recommend dropping the MS effect "because it's instant" makes me wonder where the hell you've got your info from?

Or was there more terrible garbage from yogscast that we're missing?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Ok yes i have made a fairly careless mistake here. My original thought would have always had been to take imp mb. Yes this decision purely came from Yogscast. They were saying in the clips that as an annotation that you wouldn't pick it up for a raiding spec. Which did leave me confused at first.

Another reason why i came to believe this was that upon reading other posts other priest's were discussing that some of the icc heroic geared priests where dropping out mb from their rotation because the bonus from the t10 4piece to mind flay produced larger dps.

So then back to the question what form of cc do we have compared to shamans, locks, mages, if we are not going to be taken the imp scream and silence.

Quote Originally Posted by sali007 View Post
    Can't post links...

I would see it more or less as take points out of imp mb move to silence, 2 points in masochism, 1 point in paralysis.

1 out of mental agility and put 2 points into inner sanctum

Reason i haven't taken imp mb is because after two casts of mind spike mb is instant cast.

Also got info backed up from not that its ej but Yogscast made two video's on new shadow priest

google, yogscast and go to the page with all their videos.

third post down.

Hope this helps and shows what priest will be sorter like at 85
    Well remember, Imp MB reduces the cooldown of MB
    Mindpspike reduces the cast time.

And the guys at Yogcast aren't exactly experts on shadow FYI. They even say so in the video.

Ok, haven't read the whole thread, but what I have seen is a large number of posts worrying about spots in a groups due to lack of cc. Has everybody forgotten about mind control? Seriously, people act like it doesn't even exist. In a pve situation it's absurdly overpowered compared to other cc's. Why WOULDN'T a group want a shadowpriest for cc? In the beta, mc'd mobs do more dps than I could anyway, so even the self silence is a moot point. If shadowpriests are not brought to groups/raids for cc reasons it is because of ignorance and stupidity either on the part of the group or the priest himself.

I personally love Mind Control, it was the reason I rolled my Priest. The main issue with it is that the channel can be interrupted outside of your control, and the insane amount of threat it creates means that it's not easy to get the mob off you if it does break.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Some of the pulls in Cata heroics even have tank-like mobs to MC. I think unlike BC where there were many times the devs forgot MC existed, and WotLK where the devs just made everything (except for the Resuvius fight) immune to MC; the devs were pretty good at making it pretty obvious when they want you to MC, when they don't, and when they just don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I've read the last few pages through, just wanted to add what other people have said as well, no one really ever used SW:P for trash anyway so that talent change was quite unnecesary. Regarding Mind Spike, I'm currently 82 on Beta (just got an account a few days ago) and I can usually MS>MB on trash, even MSx2>MB on bosses every now and then. Just need to pay attention to the aggro.I run with a guild tank and that probably helps.

Fade helps you out worst case, this is ok in 5 man normals but I probably wont do it in heroics because the risk of getting oneshot. And yeah MC is a really cool CC, it's nice that it's actually used in more than one fight per expansion >.<
    Last edited by Epox; 2010-10-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Worse grammar than it is now >.<

One of the reason i always never thought of Mind Control as a decent CC was because it took you out of the fight and generally the mobs wouldn't be doing more damage then you. But with these scaling factors and the increased damage and health of the mobs i can most likely now see the importance of mc in most cases. What do people think of the change to mindspike, can this suggest that they want us to open with 2 or mindspike, to get the crit mb and instant cast.

Only a thought not backed up by any data

2or 3 MS followed by VT, MB(big crit) sw, Dp, Mindflay and continue to monitor the dots. When burn dps needed pop arcanagel build up 3x mindspike get shadow orbs from mf and then a big MB plus SW:d?

Again completly just a thought not backed up? What are other peoples thoughts?

# Mind Spike no longer causes a high amount of threat. Now extinguishes your shadow damage-over-time effects from the target in the process. Range increased from 35 to 40 yards.
    Seems like good change to me, something I was expecting. It's now usable on trash, not usable on normal rotation.

BUUT what about Archangel? Would it be dedicated healer + SW spam now with hero/arch?
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki View Post
    Seems like good change to me, something I was expecting. It's now usable on trash, not usable on normal rotation.
    I am pretty sure that was the original intent for it to be used on trash packs where mobs would die in under 15seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki View Post
    BUUT what about Archangel? Would it be dedicated healer + SW spam now with hero/arch?
    I would have thought what i mentioned before, get orbs, large mb crit, reapply dots with scaling extra damage and then i guess sw:d. Not entirely sure if we would need a dedicated healer because on beta vid i saw someone spamming sw:d hitting for 9-13k and only taking about 3k damage to themselves. (not in a raid environment)

Deleted
    Is vampiric embrace bugged? Im being healed for 1hp each time And seems like the healing effect from devouring plague is broken too.

Any feedback or am i missing something?

EDIT: seems to work pretty randomly for me.

Seeing that Spirit is basically useless after youre hit capped, ive been wondering what to do with my spirit gems.
    should i replace them with spell pen or stamina?

if so which one and why?

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    Seeing that Spirit is basically useless after youre hit capped, ive been wondering what to do with my spirit gems.
    should i replace them with spell pen or stamina?

if so which one and why?
    Stamina in PvE, so you can live longer through stuff killing you, including yourself. But that's only if the Socket Bonus is really worth it. Right now, it's not. At 85, that's very likely to change (Tanks getting a 45 Stam socket bonus in the head, much?)

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 06:21 PM ----------

Thread closed, to start a "fresh" discussion anew, without 30 pages of backlog reading for new readers.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~