Thread: patch 4.0

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

patch 4.0

I'm actually more excited for patch 4.0 with cataclysm like events happening in the world and new talent trees out. Has there been any time reference to patch 4.0 not necessarily the actual xpac
    85 priest working on my dk next

I can almost guarantee we won't see 4.0 until AT LEAST a release date is set for Cataclysm. My guess is one month before release, and if all information is pointing to a late November release, then it would be safe to assume an October 4.0 release. But pre-Cata events may begin sooner than that, in patch 3.9 (The Gnome/Troll events will kick off the pre-Cata events, allegedly) but no talent trees or spell changes until 4.0.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    4.0 patch and cata are 2 different things ? I thought 4.0 was cata.

Regardless you really shouldnt ask for release dates. This question is going to be asked 50 million times from here on out. When blizzard finally releases a date you will know, unless you live under a rock and never go on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    4.0 patch and cata are 2 different things ? I thought 4.0 was cata.

Regardless you really shouldnt ask for release dates. This question is going to be asked 50 million times from here on out. When blizzard finally releases a date you will know. Unless you live under a rock and never go on the internet.
    4.0 is the pre patch. Just like 2.0 and 3.0 were.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just remember how hyped i got for wotlk after 3.0 and i want that again cuz its getting a lil boring atm. Well 3.0 was great except for ret pallies and arcane mages ><
    85 priest working on my dk next

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    technically the cata patch will most likely be number, 3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotica View Post
    It'll be 4.0; the one they're referring to as 3.9 has specifically always been stated to be the pre-cata patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotica View Post
    it will be 4.0, 3.9 is supposed to be the Gnomer/Zalazane thing.
    Though really 1 questline per faction shouldn't be made such a big deal. Honestly the Gnomer one took MAYBE 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    it will be 4.0, 3.9 is supposed to be the Gnomer/Zalazane thing.
    Though really 1 questline per faction shouldn't be made such a big deal. Honestly the Gnomer one took MAYBE 20 minutes.
    The Lost Isles/Gnomer events will not be attached to a "3.9" patch, because, technically, they are already in the game. They were added with 3.3.5, which you can see if you look at the undocumented changes for that patch. However, Blizzard has to activate them when they feel the time is right. But they won't be patched in, because they already were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling 4.0 event will be a lot more extensive than the pre Wrath patch, simply due to the large impact the cataclysm has all over Azeroth. They could do it like a Day After Tomorrow angle, with reports of the destruction coming in to the leaders o the Alliance and Horde. A post aftermath angle could be a very special thing we could get to take part in if Blizz is so inclined.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

We should see patch 4.0 drop sometime in January.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood View Post
    We should see patch 4.0 drop sometime in January.
    lol quit trolling it will get you no where :P

If 4.0 is a month before the release I would be very happy to level my lowbies with the new talent system, however with 2.0 and 3.0 they released them two Tuesdays before the release date then the Tuesday right before the release date they do a round of rolling restarts on all servers to clear cache and whatnot for the release.

I wouldn't expect 4.0 until the last couple weeks prior to release.

Quote Originally Posted by drahcir1302 View Post
    I can almost guarantee we won't see 4.0 until AT LEAST a release date is set for Cataclysm. My guess is one month before release, and if all information is pointing to a late November release, then it would be safe to assume an October 4.0 release. But pre-Cata events may begin sooner than that, in patch 3.9 (The Gnome/Troll events will kick off the pre-Cata events, allegedly) but no talent trees or spell changes until 4.0.
    There won't be an actual patch 3.9 as the Gnomer/Echo Isles event is already on live servers and just needs to be activated.