Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainsTheMachine View Post
    Nvm this was a pointless thread, the only people responding to this are ele shamans who are ofcourse not going to say they're overpowered...
    im not an ele shaman :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Nvm this was a pointless thread, the only people responding to this are ele shamans who are ofcourse not going to say they're overpowered...
    DK here! o/
    Ele shamans are fine.

Oh man just no...we have long been viewed as free honor kills to every other class and on bad days it really feels like that....we are OP cos 1 attack will crit every 8secs? Yet we will die in about 3-4seconds when we get ripped into.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually play a few classes and im saying that shaman is actually the weakest one of them all.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

because we've been underpowered quite a bit in the past... seriously you would be screwing up the one class that isnt screwed up, we aren't overpowered nor underpowered atm, we have good balance...

I play a feral druid, but I'm not saying that I get ripped apart by a shaman. I'm asking you guys do you think it's fair that shamans will ALWAYS crit, which no other class has that (other then rogues with cold blood, but that's talented).
    from a pve standpoint it sucks, because crit doesn't make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Hello this is the shaman forum, what did you expect? Only locks and warriors answering?
    Anyway, the only disadvantage Lava Burst gives in PvP is that it assures you when you are going to burst. But as stated before, it's not a 100% guaranteed crit in PvP: you have to have Flame Shock on the target.
    And if you think this is bullsh*t, well maybe you need to rethink your strategy in PvP.

Oh and by the way, our PvE damage is very competitive, as stated other elems. Comparing to other tiers of LK, we're way better now than what we were before. We're not overpowered (as in: a lock/mage/rogue can outdps us), but we do very good damage for an hybrid.

For PvE they are on par and can compete with other classes, tend to be on the lower end versus other casters though....but have been doing more damage then enhance apparently.

For PvP yes they can be kinda OP in the hands of a good player, instant crit burns thru resilience, and they have a few other useful tools....lust, overload, purge/shear, aoe root. Pretty fun class to play in PvP, but only OP in duels or small scale stuff, they have the same weaknessess as other casters, and are very susceptible to stuns, with no real escape other then a knockback or running with wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeraa View Post
    It's balanced around it being a 100% crit - if anything that's a bad thing because it devalues crit as a stat.

edit: from a dps perspective, rather than pvp - in pvp the dispellability of flame shock is the achilles heel of lava burst.
    Yea how horrible would it be if shamans actually had to worry about crit like every other class >.>

not op at all, just dont let them freecast in arenas, that hurts big time

Yea how horrible would it be if shamans actually had to worry about crit like every other class >.>
    We all know cat form doesn't get enough crit from talents. :P But yeah; elemental shamans can do very well in 1v1 when played by a great player. I usually only duel on my shammy in my freebie BG gear because I hate doing arenas as elemental where I'm kiting the whole time trying not to die with a DK and arms warrior on me while my 2 teammates tell me to stand still and cast it off. >.>
    Now I'm sticking to my fire mage, disc priest(Only one I'm doing arenas on)and arms warr for PvP.. Yes.. I'm an altoholic; which after playing every class and spec enough, I think that I can unbiasedly say that elemental is far from overpowered in PvP. If you're letting an elemental shaman cast all of those spells on you; you may not be doing it right. 8}

I play a shammy, and I think they're OP.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman/Cataclysmus View Post
    ......riiiiiiiight.. im getting outdpsed by 251 affli locks and im in 264-277
    l2p issues i can beat any locks and im also in 264/277.

251 gear and they wouldnt stand a chance against me lol.

check finnober thats ele shamans dps, 19.4k dmg on saurfang with 20 or 25% buff...dont know how many ppl u seen top 20k but it aint many.

Could you reroll then? your looking bad for the ele community? forreal you let locks beat you when you outgear them?

Well i'm a shadowpriest i both pve and pvp alot , in ~ full 277 gear and equally geared shammy won't outdps me .. as i won't outdps locks /rogues etc... But yeh their damage is respectable though they lose alot in fights that require moving.
    in a pvp PoV i love seeing ele shammies at the opposing team.. it's screaming "FREE KILL" if it's not along with a lock and a hpally :P ( a good lock can pretty much make the sahmmy untouchable )Anw flame shock can be dispeled and apart from that the dps a shammy can output in an arena is 0 with good LoS's and they have 0 defensive cooldowns, if an ele sahmmy is low and the healer is CCd it's a kill 95% of the time.
    But yeh if a team lets the shammy cast and there is no dispel on flame shock they can more or less global people , but well if u do that u don't deserve to be playing in high rating , except if the other team is actually really skilled. The problem in arena with an ele shammy is that he can't "fix" kills for his team .. the only thing he can do is execute em. Don't take me wrong :P i play 5v5 with an ele shammy but there well... frost mage shadow priest destro lock fix kills (by their CCs damage and flame shock cover) and the shammy just bursts em down
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2010-07-24 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo's

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was overpowered with you could rock 4pc t9. Oh man hitting people for 15,000 in arena was so much fun

that is just you then... because I typically range in the top 5 in my guild in damage, a destro lock beats me, but it should be that way due to the fact an ele is a hybrid

As far as PvP goes...you get a free crit, a knockback, and then a dirt nap

As far as the guaranteed crit being OP in PvE? Nope. Because the spell always crits, that causes a decrease in the value of crit rating for elemental shaman. However, that is only one of the many reasons why ele shaman scale like crap.

Considering ele have no survivability cooldowns in pvp, and are near the bottom of all charts for class dps I gotta say no they are indeed not overpowered. If played by a good player they can compete in both pvp and pve, but compared to the slobbering faceroll that is some other classes for top the charts dps I must say that ele actually have it on the rough side and have been excluded heavily in the world top first kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    check finnober thats ele shamans dps, 19.4k dmg on saurfang with 20 or 25% buff...dont know how many ppl u seen top 20k but it aint many.
    If you look at the log you will see that any ranged on that fight is using multiple other class gimmicks to achiev it. Also when you compare 19k to the 30k that mages pull that is still a very significant difference.
    Last edited by Hardcream; 2010-07-24 at 10:34 PM.

To be perfecly fair, no one here should find the OP daft for thinking this. Elemental is the second most bursty spec after Destruction. In a BG were most people are under 900 resil they will hit like a truck, given they are easy to counter alot of the time as long as they can't open a gap or you are able to either lock them down or burst them first .