Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm having that exact same problem with Alchemy flasks. Sometimes people just sell them at really low price, even if it's lower than the herbs prices. I don't understand why they are doing it... Pure stupidity I guess.

In the case described, I dont see "oppertunity cost" being an issue.

Based on the price and quantity of the gems it would be safe to assume that they are a secondary goal, most likely accumlated from PvP turn ins.

To the AH players who dont understand how this works... Well if you don't understand you probably shouldnt be playing the AH...

The person selling the gems in this case would be the supplier. The gems are originating in his hands and he is putting them directly into the market.(aka Supplier to the market)

AH farmers are basically retailers looking to redistribute the wholesale goods that the supplier is putting into the market.

So I guess you could continue to cry about his prices since basics of economics say they should almost never be the same as yours.

Or you could... on second though im going to let you figure out the answer on your own.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    If you only mine nodes you come across as you level then the "opportunity cost" is actually zero because you did not spend actual time investment mining you spent it leveling. If you enjoy farming ore then the "opportunity cost" is also zero because you didn't spend time trying to make money you spent it doing something you actually enjoy.
    Just because you like farming or you picked herbs during questing, it's still not free. It's easy money, true, like you find a wallet on the street. But still, it worth the same and you could realize this money by selling it on the AH.