Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hautch View Post
    I found this while I was messing around in WMV. It sort of looks like a cross between the two models, old and new.
    The hairstyles are untextured.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Blizzard really should check again how a wolf looks like - this looks more like a Lion
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Blizzard really should check again how a wolf looks like - this looks more like a Lion
    I have to disagree about the lion concept. They look very wolf like to me. Keep in mind that you have to introduce both wolf-like and human-like characteristics to the Worgen, which probably explains why they tend to not look so much like Wolves. Humans have fairly flat faces while Wolves have pointy; elongated faces. Probably explains the "Lion-like" look you are talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It' looks that way because his snout is wide.. That's my guess anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Worgenz! TAILS

TAILS! I do like the new model in that the head is higher up and they're not so hunched over. But the biggest thing that bothers me when I watch the gameplay footage, moreso then the face or the bat-ears or the mane or whatever else, IS THE LACK OF TAILS!

Seriously, I know that the old model worgen don't have tails (and that's bothered since I first saw them in Duskwood) but I really think that the worgen would look far more wolf-ish if they were just given a tail. Copy+paste a tail off a grey wolf in Elwynn and call it good. I just think it'd make the whole model look far better. Even Draenei have tails and and the worgen I feel need it more than they.

That is all.

Oh, also fix the female worgen voice please. The 80 year old chain smoker is hurting my soul

Ewwww that better be a face option....

10+ Year Old Account
    I call shenanigans.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Note the texture doesn't fit the face geometry, it's not done.

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    Gnolls are canine-like. Well, more or less Hyena-like, which are canines.
    The Warcraft gnolls are much more dog like than some better known depictions. Although it is hard to tell because gnolls tend to be simply dog-like or, as u said, hyena-like humanoids rather than actual dog men or hyena men. Also hyenas are certainly not canine, not really important I know but that misconception is a massive bugbear for me.

I'm a little perplexed as to why people complain they aren't close enough to wolves. Even the wolves in game aren't that close to the real thing and worgen aren't even wolves. They may be wolf-based but only to a lesser extent than a druid in cat form is cat-based. It should still be clear to look at a worgen that it isn't a wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnoll's look a lot more like Hyenas than dogs to me, though even though Hyenas aren't canine they do resemble them, which is why so many people assume they are canine... So I suppose either interpretation is valid. o.O
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    The Warcraft gnolls are much more dog like than some better known depictions. Although it is hard to tell because gnolls tend to be simply dog-like or, as u said, hyena-like humanoids rather than actual dog men or hyena men. Also hyenas are certainly not canine, not really important I know but that misconception is a massive bugbear for me.

I'm a little perplexed as to why people complain they aren't close enough to wolves. Even the wolves in game aren't that close to the real thing and worgen aren't even wolves. They may be wolf-based but only to a lesser extent than a druid in cat form is cat-based. It should still be clear to look at a worgen that it isn't a wolf.
    It's being on two legs is a qualifier to me at least that it's not a wolf. I think that they should look more wolf-like though just because,
    when you look at a cat-form druid next to a panther you say "Oh, yeah. I see where they're getting it from."
    The worgen atm remind me more of furry trolls... they're movements and posture really do bother me. I think they should be made to look more unique and while not furry, still kinda wolf-ish. Werewolf and all...

My list of things:
    1: tail
    2: posture. I'd like to see em more upright
    3: NO OVERLAPPING FANGS, it looks weird and again, reminds me of a troll's tusks.
    4: bat-ears. But that's not as bad as it was I don't think. Just kinda looks off to me

I still don't get why people are wanting a tail. Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Our form is twisting into a more beastial one. Our ears are changing, our hands and feet are as well. We're growing hair and fangs. Seems a bit odd to suddenly sprout a tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get why people are wanting a tail. Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Our form is twisting into a more beastial one. Our ears are changing, our hands and feet are as well. We're growing hair and fangs. Seems a bit odd to suddenly sprout a tail.
    Don't forget the bat-ears we're spontaneously sprouting those too.

I just think that tails would distinguish the race, not that they don't already, more. Make it look less like a troll =/. That's all I can think when I watch the beta vids (I'm not kewl enough for beta codes :P) is that they look like a troll that glued fur on himself and cut off the tusks xP.
    Beastial, yes.. all good. But tails would make em look kinda feral too.

PS, wait just had a thought don't druids sprout tails when they change? O.O holy food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Daragonis View Post
    Don't forget the bat-ears we're spontaneously sprouting those too.

I just think that tails would distinguish the race, not that they don't already, more. Make it look less like a troll =/. That's all I can think when I watch the beta vids (I'm not kewl enough for beta codes :P) is that they look like a troll that glued fur on himself and cut off the tusks xP.
    Beastial, yes.. all good. But tails would make em look kinda feral too.

PS, wait just had a thought don't druids sprout tails when they change? O.O holy food for thought!
    @Ears. I always thought the human ones shifted upwards before deforming slightly, then reforming to be more canine, or troll-like as you put it.

And yes, druids sprouted them. Though cats and bears have always had tails. Worgen on the other hand... have not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Tails would make them look more Wolfish, I think it'd be a cool option to have.

What I always found weird was when they are in human form they have 5 fingers, but then in Worgen form they have four... One just shrivels away... Seems unnecessary. o:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ears. I always thought the human ones shifted upwards before deforming slightly, then reforming to be more canine, or troll-like as you put it.

And yes, druids sprouted them. Though cats and bears have always had tails. Worgen on the other hand... have not.
    True with the ears. Guess I didn't think about it that way :P

And yes, cats and bears have had (for bears little) tails. Worgen have not, correct.

However, wolves also have tails. Worgen are werewolves, human-wolves. I think that as a playable race adding a tail to a worgen character would make the model more completed looking and also add some distinction from the NPC models.
    Draenei vs Broken npc's = vast.
    I think that, while not as great a change obviously as they're still the same race unlike with the draenei vs broken, adding a tail would add a bit of a nice touch to the model. It seems to me that it would just fit.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I think Tails would make them look more Wolfish, I think it'd be a cool option to have.

What I always found weird was when they are in human form they have 5 fingers, but then in Worgen form they have four... One just shrivels away... Seems unnecessary. o:
    Sorry for dub post but that's pretty funny xP. I never caught that lol.

On-topic, pretend like in my last post I was arguing for them to have an option for a tail because I like that idea as well, meet in the middle and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Hautch View Post
    I found this while I was messing around in WMV. It sort of looks like a cross between the two models, old and new.
    The hairstyles are untextured.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    no this is the new model, they just are finally getting around to putting the hair styles on it like they were planning on. and the person who said this looks more like a lion, then don't get this hairstyle

10+ Year Old Account
    No more races with tails. And no it won't make them seem more like a wolf it will just ruin cloaks for them.

Yay! Hair!

I can't really critique it though since it clearly isn't finished.

I'm really hoping that a greater variety of markings are in the works, like in this video.

I don't know if this is a true depiction of the female worgen characteristics as they might look in the game, but it's the sort of thing I'd like to see for both genders in any case.

If this truely are new models again, its a step backwards for me. I really dislike the ears that stick up, the slicked back version is far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    If this truely are new models again, its a step backwards for me. I really dislike the ears that stick up, the slicked back version is far better.
    It's just one model. Having them up or down will probably be feature options.