Thread: Exorcism

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well I'm not making it complicated I'm explaining it, why give up this far.
    It might not work if your latency is under 100 but I'm positive it works on a 100% basis if you do it right.
    Simply because for all that matters the Server thinks you did HoR first.
    We can compare it to the shatter/frozen mechanic on the mage, both attacks being affected by shatter or frozen condition if you ice lance/deep freeze within the cast of a frostbolt and all the top mages use it with their great latencies.

So yeah I'm not trying to sell my idea, I just wrote it up and got a few 'Blasphemy, we've got to burn him!' comments out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet View Post
    Well I'm not making it complicated I'm explaining it, why give up this far.
    It might not work if your latency is under 100 but I'm positive it works on a 100% basis if you do it right.
    Simply because for all that matters the Server thinks you did HoR first.
    We can compare it to the shatter/frozen mechanic on the mage, both attacks being affected by shatter or frozen condition if you ice lance/deep freeze within the cast of a frostbolt and all the top mages use it with their great latencies.

So yeah I'm not trying to sell my idea, I just wrote it up and got a few 'Blasphemy, we've got to burn him!' comments out of the blue.
    that's cus ice lance has a Travel time... exorcism doesnt.

I don't see why people are saying he's wrong, I do this with nourish and rejuv all the time. It saves time doing it that way, especially if someone takes a big hit. Cast nourish then rejuv. Granted my haste is low now and it doesn't work when my nourish is at or below one second it does work when nourish is above 1 sec and you cancel cast and rejuv then. My latency when testing it has been as low as 130 and it still works all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrevere View Post
    I don't see why people are saying he's wrong, I do this with nourish and rejuv all the time. It saves time doing it that way, especially if someone takes a big hit. Cast nourish then rejuv. Granted my haste is low now and it doesn't work when my nourish is at or below one second it does work when nourish is above 1 sec and you cancel cast and rejuv then. My latency when testing it has been as low as 130 and it still works all the time.

we're saying he'S wrong because the skill Hand of Reckoning only does Damage if the mob is NOT currently Aggro'd to you. and he's suggesting that by casting this skill after another which does direct damage and has no travel time that it does damage.
    Last edited by Lumidar; 2010-07-25 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrevere View Post
    I don't see why people are saying he's wrong
    I'm not saying he is wrong. However, proposing it as a standard method of pulling, when reproducing it is largely a matter of luck and latency, is unlikely to be helpful for people new to paladins, or trying to understand our mechanics. Relying on unreliable techniques is a poor way to get to understand a class. In most cases with average latency, this method will not work. If you get lucky with latency or the mob is slow to actually target you, it can be effective. But the benefit it gives vs the luck in producing it makes it at best a neat trick.

In the context of the OP's question, I am against this use of exorcism. It has no place in a typical Prot paladins arsenal.

You can Exorcism on caster mobs, because you can't block/dodge/parry them anyways.

Also of note: You can't Block/Dodge/Parry Blood Mirror. If you're that bored, go ahead and watch a cast bar give you numbers.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I've never tried the stopcasting/shield part but ive been doing exorcism followed by hand of reckoning since they changed the spells to their current state. Will be trying the shield thing first chance i get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

hor,exo,avgsld casttime total 1.5sec