Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Dual Wield Enchants

I've been reading a bit, talking to other death knights, and testing a bit, and come to the realization, that your off-hand special attacks cannot be dodged because of Threat of Thassarian's 100% chance to deal damage with your offhand. I sat and attacked a dummy for a while, with all my expertise gear off, and never once, was my off hand Obliterate, Blood Strike, or Frost Strike, dodged or parried when my main hand was. Because of this,is it correct that your main off hand enchant should actually be your Fallen Crusader Enchant, because it has a higher chance land, than your main hand, which can be parried or dodged? And your main hand enchant should be your Razorice?

I also realize, that everyone aims for enough expertise to not ever get dodged by a boss. I as well, have enough expertise to never be dodged, but there are times in fights where you do hit a boss's face once or twice and have the chance at getting parried. Or maybe for those unfortunate death knights who haven't been able to adequately cap themselves on expertise.

Is this all correct? Or am I insane? If you haven't tested it yourself, or have no proof, please don't post... I don't need to hear everyone's opinion as to why they "think" it's false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Technically correct, but in practice it doesn't matter since FC is PPM based (afaik). At ICC gear levels you're almost always dodge capped. RI should always be on the hardest hitting weapon however, which should always be in your main hand.

noob question: why should RI be on your hardest hitting weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    noob question: why should RI be on your hardest hitting weapon?
    RI is weapon damage based. Sure it doesn't get attack power, but the harder hitting weapon will result in harder RI hits and slightly more DPS.

because it does 2% extra weapon damage as frost damage.

right now i have heroic frost giant's cleaver on main hand (FC chant as of now) and normal frost giant's cleaver on off hand (RI). so im guessing i need to switch my chants around.

but if u have 2 weapons that do identical damage, i'm guessing RI should stay in the offhand since as mentioned by OP your offhand specials always land.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    RI is weapon damage based. Sure it doesn't get attack power, but the harder hitting weapon will result in harder RI hits and slightly more DPS.
    No it doesn't, razorice does main hand damage on either weapon.

People use fallen crusader on the offhand because offhand strikes always land. Unless your main hand weapon has more expertise due to a racial you should have fallen crusader on your offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post

right now i have heroic frost giant's cleaver on main hand (FC chant as of now) and normal frost giant's cleaver on off hand (RI). so im guessing i need to switch my chants around.

but if u have 2 weapons that do identical damage, i'm guessing RI should stay in the offhand since as mentioned by OP your offhand specials always land.
    Yeah. But if you're expertise capped your specials always land anyway barring any annoying boss spinning. It matters very little in the long run.

it's because it adds Frost Damage as well as the debuff.

most people don't read tooltips.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post

No, for two reasons. You want FC in your offhand, because it has a slightly better chance to proc, in case you do get dodged or parried. Also, your main hand weapon hits harder than your offhand weapon, resulting in RI hitting for more.
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

I told u Badbear/Clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Yeah. But if you're expertise capped your specials always land anyway barring any annoying boss spinning. It matters very little in the long run.
    You can still get parried a fair bit when you have to move, and when your main hand gets parried and fallen crusader is on your main hand you lose more damage then you would lose if you had it on your offhand.

It's not about the size of the difference, it's about there being a difference in the first place.

so i should put RI on the harder hitting main hand?

If your main hand has the same amount or less expertise than your offhand then yes.

Deleted
    stupid question and im kinda ashamed to ask it but still.
    u sayed that u didnt see ToT dodging or parrying
    is there any way to see in recount just how much damage ToT contributes in a fight?
    something like ss beeing devided into the 2 damage parts in the recount

Threat of thassarian will increase the damage of all of your strikes by 62.5%, and give you razorice procs equal to the number of strikes.

always use run of razor ice on MH for higher dmg, base dmg isent just weapon its ur base dps, of ur either mh or oh, or 2h never just weapon itself, otherwise 2% of 300-600weapon does 6-12dmg extra which is nothing, and fallen crusader(havent cheked so aint 100% sure) seems to have no cooldown so if ur fast enuff and lucky(dunno exact proc % chanse)u can have it up all the time

Quote Originally Posted by elossa View Post
    always use run of razor ice on MH for higher dmg, base dmg isent just weapon its ur base dps, of ur either mh or oh, or 2h never just weapon itself, otherwise 2% of 300-600weapon does 6-12dmg extra which is nothing, and fallen crusader(havent cheked so aint 100% sure) seems to have no cooldown so if ur fast enuff and lucky(dunno exact proc % chanse)u can have it up all the time
    While I can barely understand this post, you are incorrect. Razorice is not hindered by the offhand penalty and does not scale with attack power.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer View Post
    I told u Badbear/Clefairy
    Told me what? I just proved you wrong.

Not to mention... You're way off expertise cap for dodges, so it matters especially for you. Next time someone offers you advice, try listening for once, even if it sounds false or wrong, you might improve a bit. Off topic, but your spec is wrong as well, Leslie Chow.
    Last edited by Leetbeartank; 2010-07-26 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elossa View Post
    Last I checked I hadn't seen a razorice tick higher than 20 in a long time

Just to settle some confusion: RI always procs main-hand damage - no exceptions. You could have RI on your feet if it were possible and it would still proc main-hand damage. You build frost vulnerability (RI debuff) faster with RI on your-main hand. FC also gets a slightly better up-time in your off-hand, due to ToT mechanics. If you actually sim it you should see a marginal DPS gain with RI on your main-hand. This increase can obviously be more significant in a fight where parries occasionally come into play.