Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Noone is working on priest changes

We aren't overhauling every single class. We are changing paladins quite a bit, and the resource systems for hunters and warlocks and Balance druids have changed. I get the sense some of you are waiting for that magical build in which half of your talents have been scrapped in favor of new ones, and in many cases, those changes just aren't coming. That's not to say we're done with any tree.

They confirmed that, they aren't going to change priest like we want, they arent' going to scrap crappy talents that we have been carrying since TBC The time to reroll is coming. And yes, sky is falling and yes u can haz my stuff.
    And i mentioned that we aren't in the list of the major overhaul?

While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations
    inb4 "its beta, have patience"

Once you are gone, the world will become a better place... Can you please hurry up ?

'Not working on Priests' is very different from 'Not giving the class a total overhaul and reshaping the very way it plays.'
    Additionally, priests have already seen the implementation of shadow balls and chakra on their trees, while the other trees that are mentioned in that list (at the time of them being mentioned) were scarcely even working. Your world isn't collapsing.

Edit: Also, first post, 4/10.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-07-25 at 10:12 AM. Reason: First post

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Once you are gone, the world will become a better place... Can you please hurry up ?
    Thank you for simplifying my feelings of this post in such a small neat package, I couldn't have said it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    shadow balls and chakra on their trees
    The first is only a passive buff with nice graphics.
    Chakra is meh, 3 PoH in a row, lol, in a world where mana matters?
    Next.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2010-07-25 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    They confirmed that, they aren't going to change priest like we want, they arent' going to scrap crappy talents that we have been carrying since TBC The time to reroll is coming. And yes, sky is falling and yes u can haz my stuff.
    And i mentioned that we aren't in the list of the major overhaul?

inb4 "its beta, have patience"
    Funny, where exactly in that blue post does it say "We have confirmed that we are not going to change priests like the community wants" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    2/10
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The first is only a passive buff with nice graphics.
    Chakra is meh, 3 PoH in a row, lol, in a world where mana matters?
    Next.
    Blizzard wants you to use the new mechanic. If it turns out that the mana cost for something like PoH is so prohibitive that you would never want to cast it 3 times in a row to take advantage of chakra, something will be adjusted. That's right, you heard me. Blizzard will adjust the class.

tbh, I feel really good about the current Disc build & don't see the need to change anything major there.. maybe adjust some numbers, but the overall talents & possibilities in that tree is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    tbh, I feel really good about the current Disc build & don't see the need to change anything major there.. maybe adjust some numbers, but the overall talents & possibilities in that tree is good enough for me.
    I agree, I love the idea of using smite as a dps/healing spell to some extent, and the holy possibilities for surge of light and archangel are just awesome! It will definitely be a much more fun class to play/heal on.

Deleted
    Blizzard wants you to use the new mechanic. If it turns out that the mana cost for something like PoH is so prohibitive that you would never want to cast it 3 times in a row to take advantage of chakra, something will be adjusted. That's right, you heard me. Blizzard will adjust the class.
    Only because you think so doesn't mean that they will. Remember what happens for spriest at the beginnig of TBC and Wotlk since 3.3?

Only because you think so doesn't mean that they will. Remember what happens for spriest at the beginnig of TBC and Wotlk since 3.3?
    Well then, maybe you should post on the Cataclysm beta forums that you think PoH currently has too high of a mana cost for it to work well with the chakra mechanic? I mean, obviously, you're in the beta, so you've been testing this, and can post on the beta forums and make a well reasoned suggestion with feedback about the issue.

Right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    Oh really? Just look at our 31 point spell, PW:B.
    Now go to youtube and look at how useless is. If it last 4 secs, you are lucky.
    Then look at holy talents and see how crappy they are.

Well then, maybe you should post on the Cataclysm beta forums that you think PoH currently has too high of a mana cost for it to work well with the chakra mechanic? I mean, obviously, you're in the beta, so you've been testing this, and can post on the beta forums and make a well reasoned suggestion with feedback about the issue.

Right?
    Herecius: 1, Masteryuri: 0.

I enjoy this, lets see what yuri says in response.

Deleted

Right?
    Go to the priest thread on the class discussion of beta forum. Last page.
    The fourth post.
    They DOUBLED the mana cost.

Deleted
    the only 2 things that bug me are the lack of choices when i look at the new shadow tree, there´s basically just one pve build.
    the other thing being that i don´t have any pewpew button to press during bloodlust or phases where mobs take increased damage.

@op
    be patient, they didn´t say that they won´t change anything in the priest tree anymore.and if they really won´t change anything else who cares? priest will still be the most awesome class imo

Go to the priest thread on the class discussion of beta forum. Last page.
    The fourth post.
    They DOUBLED the mana cost.
    I'm assuming you actually mean the fifth post, because the fourth has no useful information, except that it does mention that the poster doesn't understand why mana costs shot up. The fifth post is somebody else's reply though. Is this the one you actually wanted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical
    Mana costs nearly doubled from lev80 to 81, because there was a large spike of base mana. This has continued through all the levels (and probably until lev85). Before base mana was 3.5k-4k, and this is what spells cost a % of, but since they boosted the base increase per level, its really throwing costs for a loop.

But as for Disc, I'm not entirely sure if my toon is in a bugged state, or whether thats standard, but my Flash heals are hitting for around 10k (4730 self buffed Spellpower), and Gheal right at aroudn 11-12k. I broke the math down with the Glyph for reduce Flash heal cost, and Flash heal was almost identical in Healing:Mana Cost ratio, So I've just been sticking with that (faster Grace stacks when repeat heals, more crit hits, ect).

But yea, Mana is retarded at this stage, even in near full 277 ICCHM gear, I can barely keep up through most of the trash packs (tanks are STILL reluctant to CC, and no one even knows what an interrupt is..). Oddly enough, trash seems harder on mana for me, than the bosses themselves (MOST of the bosses, I at least have the opportunity to use Evang/Archangel, since its bugged atm, in not consuming the stack, and some of the slower pace bosses, I end the fight at max mana... :P).

As for Holy, I'd probably drop the lightwell somewhere close to whichever group has the most people (melee or ranged, preferably ranged for yourself), and tell them up front, that if they aren't below 25% hp, they won't get a heal from you, if theres a Lightwell down :P (Sad... but they'll learn the hard way if they have to). Holy could probably just barely reach Archangel (Recommended), and taking that with a Surge of Light spec (For Insta-Smite's to refresh the stack, which would be a lot easier than a cast...).
    There's a lot of information there, but I don't think that's you. The poster mentions that the new system for how the mana cost is calculated has thrown mana costs for a loop. Perhaps you should make a response, since you're a part of the beta and testing this, and can make an informed and reasonable response on the beta forums?

Oh really? Just look at our 31 point spell, PW:B.
    Now go to youtube and look at how useless is. If it last 4 secs, you are lucky.
    Then look at holy talents and see how crappy they are.
    l2read dude... like I said in my post "Maybe just adjust some numbers" - & I talked about the Discipline tree.
    that's what I meant with the barrier.. the need to up the absorb on that.. & relax.. no need to answer in such a negative way.. we are here to discuss it in a civilized manner.. I understand that you expected more from it, but we just have to be patient.

Deleted
    Chakra, the one interesting thing to come out of Priests in a LONG time, and they get it horrendously wrong.

Also, it's Beta, it's too late for serious changes. Right now they are number crunching.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig View Post
    Chakra, the one interesting thing to come out of Priests in a LONG time, and they get it horrendously wrong.

Also, it's Beta, it's too late for serious changes. Right now they are number crunching.
    Too late for serious changes? What the hell is happening to paladins then? 'Tweaking'?