Thread: Mandatory?

Mandatory?

Right now i am level a warlock (currently level 35) and i plan to level a death knight in between but what im asking is are proffs really mandatory? i mean i have pretty much all of them on one main/alt or another, and i just figured taking them while leveling will slow me down, but then if i do want one then when im 80 i have to re tread all the way back through old content, for something that makes a 'slight' different at 80?

1) Powerlevel to 80
    2) Powerlevel X profession
    3) Profit
    4) ???

depends a bit what kind of proffessions.I mean,if it's not a farming proff you could just buy or gather the stuff on another char after you're 80. But if ya ment a gathering prof then yes it would be smart to level 'em while leveling
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

For a warlock you're not really gonna be taking mining at 80.. and skinning is good for crit but come on, it's not as good as the other prof's in my opinion.

I'd say to make money while leveling go with Herbalism and Skinning. Alwyas run with find herb on. As you're leveling you don't have to "go out of your way" to pick the flowers but if you're in the mood for it, do it. When you get to 80 you'll have a nice chunk of change from quests and herbs. At this point drop skinning (and herbalism too if you don't want to keep it) and powerlevel a crafting prof that will give you good raiding stats.

Personally I went tailoring and inscription at 80 on my priest

If you plan to raid or PvP seriously, your question is similar to "do I need to use any enchants on my gear." Yes, the difference isn't gamebreaking. On the other hand, professions can make leveling a lot easier, they can make you some money along the way (largely by selling leftovers from gathering professions) and at end game they're an expectation of most raiding guilds or arena teams.

They're also a fun part of the game. I'd encourage you to get into them. They really don't slow you down very much while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    1) Powerlevel to 80
    2) Powerlevel X profession
    3) Profit
    4) ???
    For future reference it goes

1)
    2)
    3)????
    4)Profit
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

take mining/skinning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calsong View Post
    They're also a fun part of the game. I'd encourage you to get into them. They really don't slow you down very much while leveling.
    Unless you're an AoE-farming skinner. Oh dear lord that slowed me down.

If you don't want to be slowed down, forget professions until level 80. If you plan to do any kind of raiding or PvP you really should get them to 450, not only are they DPS/survivability increases, many end-game guilds will not accept you unless you have viable proffs.
    Future Goblin Hunter / Warlock.
    "This is where we play a movie of you turning into a worgen! We also flash-forward to the present!" - Lord Darius Crowley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripht View Post
    If you plan to do any kind of raiding or PvP you really should get them to 450, not only are they DPS/survivability increases, many end-game guilds will not accept you unless you have viable proffs.
    Why is it required to get them to 450 for raiding? Most of the profession buffs come much earlier. I think 410 for inscription and somewhere around 425 for tailoring for the +spellpower buffs.... unless you're talking about crafted items. In the crafted item sense almost all crafted items are not BoP anymore so you can buy them or have them made by another tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Honen View Post
    Why is it required to get them to 450 for raiding? Most of the profession buffs come much earlier. I think 410 for inscription and somewhere around 425 for tailoring for the +spellpower buffs.... unless you're talking about crafted items. In the crafted item sense almost all crafted items are not BoP anymore so you can buy them or have them made by another tailor.
    I think he just meant get them to the level you get the added effect. It is so close to 450 that its easier to say 450 then go looking up the actual level. Plus if you're like me, compulsive with profs, I have to put everything down when my toon is so close to 450 at a profession and just finish it out (or do as much as possible each day to make sure its maxed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Honen View Post
    Ah, I meant get them to the required level for the maximum perk. I'd still say getting it to 450 is better than leaving it at 425, 410, etc, because of the gold making potential and useful patterns (such as iLevel 264 BoEs)
    "This is where we play a movie of you turning into a worgen! We also flash-forward to the present!" - Lord Darius Crowley.

10+ Year Old Account
    For an alt, not really.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    For an alt, not really.
    The OP stated he has all the professions on different characters, not that all or even any are maxed out.