Thread: Wintergrasp

Wintergrasp

When is Blizzard going to get off their ass and fix this broken zone?

I am on Alliance side and on my server we hardly ever get WG and when we do it is like 3AM in the morning when all the horde are sleeping, at least that is what I am told. I have not done WG in a month because whenever I am on, we never have it, or we do have it and I log on when we are supposed to defend it and we never win. Because only 16 alliance players actually sign up for WG and there are a shit load of Horde.

Tenacity is not going to help a group of 16 people win VS 40 or more horde players. I wouldn't be QQing about WG if they did not put a boss in WG that drops T10 items.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They won't. If you're on an imbalance, low-pop server, you're pretty much f*cked for WG. It happened on my last server, and somewhat forced us to switch servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isnt broken, it all jsut depends on skill and population, you may aswell have 40 people vs 10 but if all your 40 suck and jsut autorun into walls, tehn the team of 10 skilled people will win

Sadly blizzard can't fix how dumb your teammates are.. Wtb more tenacity so I can do everything myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylus View Post
    Sadly blizzard can't fix how dumb your teammates are.. Wtb more tenacity so I can do everything myself!
    I don't see how being grossly out numbered means our team is dumb.

The xpacs coming to a close, would you rather they take devs away from cata to fix something that's only gonna matter for a few more months?

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook View Post
    The xpacs coming to a close, would you rather they take devs away from cata to fix something that's only gonna matter for a few more months?
    Yes, because who is to say there is not another zone in Cata just like WG?

i think it was somewhere in some patch notes coming up that they are working on a new balance system that only allows the same number of people per faction to sign up to make it even with a min of 20 people.

or something along those lines, and yes i know it takes just pure numbers atm to win wg and that really does suck so i feel ur pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    It isnt broken, it all jsut depends on skill and population, you may aswell have 40 people vs 10 but if all your 40 suck and jsut autorun into walls, tehn the team of 10 skilled people will win
    Umm....no. If you only have a team of 10 people (which happens on low pop, unbalanced servers almost every WG), then you barely have enough to drive 2 maybe 3 siege engines and have them guarded (assuming you have a workshop in the first place and have abandoned the southern towers). The 40 people on the other team ride out to meet your sieges, your defenders get sheeped to DR, feared to DR, cycloned to DR, sheeped to DR, to infinity, while the other 37 people freecast at your vehicles. And there's no skill or strategy that can do anything about it...

"You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!"

OK one yes they are adding Grim batol(spelling?) the wintergrasp of cataclysm

The way the new mechanic is if 140 horde que and only 40 allies then you will ahve a 40v40

However if 40 horde and 10 alliance que it will be 20 v 10
    LInk to the blue post http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01&pageNo=2#35

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmahn View Post
    OK one yes they are adding Grim batol(spelling?) the wintergrasp of cataclysm

The way the new mechanic is if 140 horde que and only 40 allies then you will ahve a 40v40

However if 40 horde and 10 alliance que it will be 20 v 10
    LInk to the blue post http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01&pageNo=2#35
    Tol'barad, but otherwise spot on.

They're implementing this for Wintergrasp in 3.3.5, as well.

Thanks Kaneiac When it come to names i am pure fail.
    I am better at mechancis decent with math (for my mains gave up trying to remebr them all for OMG alts as i have a total of at least 2 of every class )

Quote Originally Posted by darketernal View Post
    Umm....no. If you only have a team of 10 people (which happens on low pop, unbalanced servers almost every WG), then you barely have enough to drive 2 maybe 3 siege engines and have them guarded (assuming you have a workshop in the first place and have abandoned the southern towers). The 40 people on the other team ride out to meet your sieges, your defenders get sheeped to DR, feared to DR, cycloned to DR, sheeped to DR, to infinity, while the other 37 people freecast at your vehicles. And there's no skill or strategy that can do anything about it...
    AMG CRYNTHIA!

This man is indeed right. Trust him, he knows about terrible Alliance.

Demon Soul US, from when I last played there, was absolutely terrible for Alliance in Wintergrasp. Wins were few and far between, and I would go weeks without being on when we had Wintergrasp. It was really painful and horrible unbalanced. Also, Blizzard stated that they had a system they were hoping to implement into Wintergrasp and later Tol Barad that would balance these zones for bad servers. It was supposed to only allow a certain amount of horde to alliance or some such thing. Like, 10 alliance join the battle, only 20 horde could join, to keep things somewhat fair.
    Last edited by feigning; 2010-07-25 at 05:12 PM.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.