View Poll Results: Remove Dark Intent?

Voters
343. This poll is closed
  • Yes, give us something else

70 20.41%
  • No, ummm... i like buffs

273 79.59%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I don't PvP, and couldn't care less about soloing. All I care about is raiding, and it will balance out in raiding with or without the buff.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I don't PvP, and couldn't care less about soloing. All I care about is raiding, and it will balance out in raiding with or without the buff.
    How does this spell make pve more fun for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    TY ALL NON-WARLOCKS FOR VOTING NO, you know this spell will suck for us thats why you voted no. confirms my point. This poll is pointless
    IF YOU VOTED NO PLEASE TELL ME WHY or else im just gonna assume you're not playing a warlock (nerf you buff me)

Dark Intent is a buff that basically increases your dps, and it stacks. this means (even more) ramp up. our dps will be balanced around this spell. its not like we will do 9% more dps then everyone else.

You need someone to use it on. the buff only lasts 7 seconds i believe, so you cant just use it on anyone. You will do a lot less dmg when you're soloing, or PvPing (it will be impossible to stack in PvP just like shadow embrace).

More buffs after you die. every time you die in a BG or whatever. this is of course just annoying.

I cant really think of anything good with this spell. Did we really need this? Why cant blizz give us something cool and something we actually need instead? like, 1 of our 3 new spells is just another version of focus magic? how lame can it get?
    im a lock, voted no, and no i dont need to explain u why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzies View Post
    How does this spell make pve more fun for you?
    I wont speak for Warwithin, but for me it will make PvE more fun, as it will add something interesting and practical I can help the raid with. I've not seen fight mechanics in the new raids, but taking an example such as Valithria it would make sense to put this buff on the healers to increase their throughput. Alternately, a fight like Jaraxxus where one class gets a specific advantage through mechanics, this buff could be used to bolster it even more.

I can't defeat a boss in a current content 25 man raid alone, but this gives me an extra tool to help my guild to that end. Sure, it's nice to top the meter occasionally, and even as a Demonologist heavily geared towards raid buffing I can on occasion do that whether or not I get FM, Power Infusions, or any other buff. This buff wont lower my damage, nor will it increase anyone elses to the point that they're uncatchable. The OP's point is an entirely selfish and erroneous belief that it'll do that. It wont anymoreso than Hysteria, Tricks etc do so already.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-07-30 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "the other gains an increased 3% increased periodic damage and healing lasting for 7 sec. Stacks up to 3 times."

Ya 9% increased periodic damage will help a warlock when soloing... If you're QQing about solo play as a warlock then that is just sad.

And for pvp it can be used on healers as long as they have a HoT so it just increases your synergy in some teams.

And lastly, it also buffs the other target. Seriously how can you hate it? Do you hate being useful to the raid?

Deleted
    No, ummm... i like buffs

Ignoring the 3% haste, which is a passive effect irrespective of the uptime of the stacking portion.
    So yes that does have 30 mins duration.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Phobophiliac

I play warlock. I voted keep it.
    Blizzard isn't going to let us be non competitive and this sounds like a fun buff that I can stack my damage modifiers even more with.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Phobophiliac

I play warlock. I voted keep it.
    Blizzard isn't going to let us be non competitive and this sounds like a fun buff that I can stack my damage modifiers even more with.
    They are perfectly willing to give us a brutal ramp up time however, or at least unable to fix this without breaking us. Just because we're competitive doesn't mean we have the tools that all the other pures do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I wont speak for Warwithin, but for me it will make PvE more fun, as it will add something interesting and practical I can help the raid with. I've not seen fight mechanics in the new raids, but taking an example such as Valithria it would make sense to put this buff on the healers to increase their throughput. Alternately, a fight like Jaraxxus where one class gets a specific advantage through mechanics, this buff could be used to bolster it even more.

I can't defeat a boss in a current content 25 man raid alone, but this gives me an extra tool to help my guild to that end. Sure, it's nice to top the meter occasionally, and even as a Demonologist heavily geared towards raid buffing I can on occasion do that whether or not I get FM, Power Infusions, or any other buff. This buff wont lower my damage, nor will it increase anyone elses to the point that they're uncatchable. The OP's point is an entirely selfish and erroneous belief that it'll do that. It wont anymoreso than Hysteria, Tricks etc do so already.
    Yeah, that's more or less what I was getting at. Adding another spell just adds a new layer of complexity to our class. Might they balance us around it, therefore hindering our solo performance? Sure, but if you're looking for streamlined solo play, you shouldn't be playing an MMO.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lich king View Post
    it has interesting flavour, i voted to keep it, sure blizz will find ways for soloing and pvp
    same here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    They are perfectly willing to give us a brutal ramp up time however, or at least unable to fix this without breaking us. Just because we're competitive doesn't mean we have the tools that all the other pures do.
    We have plenty of tools; with the levelling out of our Pet buffs with player buffs this is only moreso the case. PvP isn't going to be about burst anymore, you need to get out of that mindset of getting a fast ramp up - it should be largely irrelevent to how fights play out in Cata.

As others have said, soloing is irrelevent to class balance. Plate melee barely need to press any buttons to solo stuff, cloth users need to balance survival talents, CC etc to solo effectively. That's not balanced, but I don't care because it's not relevent to the concept of the end-game play. DKs can solo Sartharion - something no other class can do, but are they OP in raids or PvP? No, a lot of people actually regard them as pretty weak. Solo play balance means nothing.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-07-31 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Yeah, that's more or less what I was getting at. Adding another spell just adds a new layer of complexity to our class. Might they balance us around it, therefore hindering our solo performance? Sure, but if you're looking for streamlined solo play, you shouldn't be playing an MMO.
    I dont think it is that complex to find out who benefits most and then buff them. We will be balanced around it and I suspect the damage bonus to the reciever will be nerfed due how powerful it is for certain specs (like sunwell in reverse)

You can use dark intent on your own demon...... warlocks should know this maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumoto View Post
    You can use dark intent on your own demon...... warlocks should know this maybe?
    Might wanna check the dates on the other posts

15+ Year Old Account
    You create a poll where people can vote if they like something or not, and at the same time you start yelling at people who vote against your opinion? The fck you on about?

Yes i play a lock and yes i like Dark Intent
    Also, you don't lose dps while soloing... You GAIN dps while playing with another dot class

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a warlock and I voted No.

I like the idea of been able to buff a person of my choice - whether that be a healer, a tank or a dpser depending on what is needed per fight. I also like that it makes us a bit spikey due to the way the buff works and who you cast it on.

How crap would it be if we could only do 10k dps constantly - i'd rather do 12 sometimes and 8 sometimes - Its more fun.

I think your post about this spell is pretty flaud to be honest and its not put together very well. I suggest gathering the evidence, reviewing it and then working out if its as bad as you think it is. Maybe try and look at the bigger picuture before you write it off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumoto View Post
    Don't bump months old threads please. TY.
    Closing thread.