Shadow Priest Prep

[Sugestion]

What does the Shadow Priest community think about a preparation/cold snap/readiness ability for the Shadow tree to reset cooldowns? Refreshing the cooldown on abilities such as silence, horrify, fade, physic scream, shadowfiend, shadowword: death, dispersion, etc. The ability could also be made unique for the sake of originality by removing weakened soul from you on use or by requiring 5 stacks of shadow weaving and cosuming them on use.

Personally I feel it would increase burst, mobility, survivability and all the time increase the skill cap further for shadow priest. I also don’t view this as becoming overpowered as it’s easy to moderate and adjust. What do you guys think?

[Feel free to forward this idea onto official beta forums]

Honestly, even in pvp the applications of such a talent are very limited. In a pve sense, it'd be almost worthless.

Plus shadow weaving has been removed to cut down on the ramp-up time of shadow.

Deleted
    Shadow doesn't have that many cooldowns worth resetting, making such an ability kind of pointless. Hence, it's a bad idea.

I'd rather have an interesting DPS cd to burn or some reliable CC. Or anything really to spice-up the ever same DPS rotation (albeit it's not a simple as some others).

This is a fun sort of ability to have, but for shadow it would mostly be CC train for PvP really it seems, with an extra Horror and Silence and Fear. I'd like for it to have more PvE use preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'd rather have an interesting DPS cd to burn
    ^This. Shadow has no "DPS cooldown" to use, besides Shadowfiend, but Shadowfiend is only an extra ~30k damage over 12 seconds or so. Spriest needs a good DPS CD like Avenging Wrath or Elemental Mastery.

As for a Prep type ability...Naw. Spriest doesn't have enough big CD's for that to be worthwhile. Dispersion is glyphed at 1 min 25 sec, and Psychic Horror is 2 minutes, Fear being less than 30 seconds, as well.
    Last edited by Vook; 2010-07-25 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

No thank you. I did post an idea for a new Spriest cooldown in the "Spriest concerns for Cata" thread.

we need a CD not a CD reset

^This. Shadow has no "DPS cooldown" to use, besides Shadowfiend, but Shadowfiend is only an extra ~30k damage over 12 seconds or so. Spriest needs a good DPS CD like Avenging Wrath or Elemental Mastery.
    gonna have to disagree with u here, playing shadow priest since 1.07 i have never wanted such a cooldown, id quit shadow priest and perhaps the game tommorow if shadow priests started to feel like some other face roll hybrid class