Thread: Fire shield????

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire shield????

i was wondering if there was any talk on a new shaman shield (water shield, earth shield, and lightning shield). The only other shield there could be would be fire/molten shield.

i have an idea, thought it up on the spot

Fire shield: The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of fire. when a casted, melee, or ranged hits the caster the person who hits the caster gets a debuff that increased fire damage taken by 5% stacking upo to 15%

just an idea, post your own idea of a good use of fire shield

Forget Fire, I want STEEL shields

Steel shield: The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of steel.

XD
    And thats all it does....I think that is epic by itself

on topic:
    seriously, I think a fire increase buff will not happen. Perhaps, that the next attack made agaisnt the attacker will get a 3/6/9% damage buff.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

or a meat shield. then we would be surrounded by 3 gnomes, reducing the next hit we take to 0
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

And I want Thrall Shield!
    Caster is surrounded by 3 of Thrall's balls. When the caster is hit by any attack, all targets in 50 yard radius are killed by explosion of awesomeness...
    I just had to do it ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer thrall's shield:
    Thrall's Shield: Surrounds you with three of thrall's balls. The caster is now everywhere. Lasts 10 minutes

More seriously though, I think, considering enchancement uses lightning shield, and restoration uses water/earth shield, fire shield would need to be an elemental thing.

Fire Shield: Surrounds the caster with orbs of fire, cuasing X fire damage to attackers when hit. Casting a fire spell has a chance to consume a fire orb, causing the orb to explode on the target, dealing Y fire damage to it and all nearby enemies. Z charges.

I think that personally suits elemental, what with the whole 'extra spells on cast' theme going on in the tree.

However, I doubt it'd happen since both mages and imps already have a fire shield.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulda View Post
    And I want Thrall Shield!
    Caster is surrounded by 3 of Thrall's balls. When the caster is hit by any attack, all targets in 50 yard radius are killed by explosion of awesomeness...
    I just had to do it ;P
    Curse you...
    Last edited by Orthius; 2010-07-25 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Thrall's balls
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    My my, you really are caught between a roc and a hard plaice.
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Basst to simply ask the top rogues on your server, or look up their specs.

Good luck!
    From the thread 'Poisson question'

Shield of Storm:
    The caster is now surrounded by a giant hurricane. You can't see shit, and you're forced into first person perspective. But nothing can get within 25 yards of you without being blown back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Shield of Storm:
    The caster is now surrounded by a giant hurricane. You can't see shit, and you're forced into first person perspective. But nothing can get within 25 yards of you without being blown back!
    Isn't this basically what shamans have been begging for since forever?
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orthius View Post
    Thrall's Shield: Surrounds you with three of thrall's balls. The caster is now everywhere. Lasts 10 minutes
    Gief

Old Spice Shield: Anyone who hits you while under the effect of this shield turns to diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by vasti View Post
    forget fire, i want steel shields

steel shield: The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of steel.

Xd
    and thats all it does....i think that is epic by itself

on topic:
    Seriously, i think a fire increase buff will not happen. Perhaps, that the next attack made agaisnt the attacker will get a 3/6/9% damage buff.
    balls balls balls balls of steel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beard View Post
    Old Spice Shield: Anyone who hits you while under the effect of this shield turns to diamonds.
    Castable while mounted, but only if that mount is a horse.

Good luck!

there already is a fire shield, from warlock's imp

Magma is mages, Fire is from imps, We could go with Lava Shield. It should just be a walking fire nova totem around our waste shooting off fireballs pew pew and when someone hits you it reduces % dmg taken for each charge. Yeah that would be fantastic

Castable while mounted, but only if that mount is a horse.
    And only if riding said horse backwards.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flame Shield: Surrounds you with 3 balls of flame. Causing the attacker to take 5%/10%/15% extra damage from Flame shock, Lava Lash and Lava Burst.

Deleted
    a talented lava shield would in fact be a good idea.
    as a tier 3 1pt talent:
    Surrounds the caster with 3 lava orbs.
    Every orb reduces physical damage taken by 10% when hit by a physical attack. Only one orb can activate every few seconds.
    While active, all damage taken is reduced by 5% and the duration of silence and counterspell mechanics is reduced by 30%.

^something like this. would greatly help in pvp as well as giving better survivability in pve, and, imo, wouldnt be overpowered or such.
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2010-07-25 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Forget Fire, I want STEEL shields

Steel shield: The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of steel.

XD
    And thats all it does....I think that is epic by itself
    i just fuckin rofld so hard
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd Really like is for a Lava Shield that is something like this

Lava Shield - Surrounds the Shaman with Three blobs of lava, Increasing Fire Damaage done by him/her and his/her totems by X%. Meelee attacks on the Shaman consume the orb and causes Y fire damage to the attacker dazing him for 5 seconds.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Fire Shield: Surrounds the caster with orbs of fire, cuasing X fire damage to attackers when hit. Casting a fire spell has a chance to consume a fire orb, causing the orb to explode on the target, dealing Y fire damage to it and all nearby enemies. Z charges.
    Exactly what i want to see in Cata for us ! ^^
    Probly it would work well, good bonus but not too powerful.

I would prefer that Fire Shield was a stacking dot that each time we are hit enemy gets a small dot that will stack till e.x 9 ? and only then it would deal like twice dmg of flame shock. And of course 10 stacks on a shield plox
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia