Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you raid with in-game sounds ?

Hi guys, i wanted to see see how many people are using the ingame sounds and maybe give a description of why they do so.
    I Personally don't because I don't hear vent clearly etc when i have it enabled.
    /discuss

Any game without sound is very very dull imo. Playing without sound is extremely boring and if you just turn up vent you'll hear the game and vent just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, i hate the sound of 25 peoples going, hyahh! hoomph, and the constant slurring sound of casting. and the guns, those horrible guns

during raiding i generally turn the ingame sounds low so i can hear vent, but i like boss voiceovers, and music generally doesn't interfere with hearing vent.

plus there's a sound effect for almost everything in the encounter, often boss abilities too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I prefer having sounds on. It helps my get into a better rhythm with my cooldowns and movement.

Deleted
    I usually turn off quite a lot of sounds, If I cannot find anything good to listen to or just entered a new raid I keep music on. Sometimes it can feel epic vs. a boss when suddenly there's loud and epic music playing.
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2010-07-25 at 11:29 PM.

Is there a way to enable so you ONLY hear the voice of the boss, i know u can pretty much disable everything and have boss on but then you need to hear some other crap aswell, but is it possible to hear the boss only and have it at a nice volume ?

Deleted
    I raid with sound on, but lower then normaly. music is also on. But I turned of the failure-speech of my char, don't know how it's called in english. That was anoying as hell
    Well raid is serious business, but for me it's a matter of atmosphere, especially when we try a new boss i wanna hear all his sounds and voices.

Deleted
    The constant whooshing, banging and crashing of dps and the "ima kill you" of bosses does get to me eventually, so I turn sound off. If I'm at a boss with epic voice acting, such as Algalon, I'll turn sounds on low so I can hear it.

But I also hate raiding in silence + vent, so I usually just stick the radio on. Half the time I'm not actually listening to it, its just background noise, but its betetr than silence. Its only when its get later and the shitty dance music comes on (not all of it is shit, but a lot) do I notice when people say "wtf is that crap music on vent".

10+ Year Old Account
    I only turn them off for Sindragosa.

Deleted
    no because i hate the sound of people constantly attacking -.- except for LK i have the sounds on then cos i like his voice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    nope, i hate the sound of 25 peoples going, hyahh! hoomph, and the constant slurring sound of casting. and the guns, those horrible guns
    Get a volume addon, like volumefu, and turn off near-character sounds. Zoom out, profit.

The thought of turning in game sounds off during a raid has never even crossed my mind since mid BC. I like my games to feel as realistic as possible and turning the sound off kills it for me.

Most games without sound are very very dull imo. Playing without sound is extremely boring and if you just turn up vent you'll hear the game and vent just fine.
    and this after the fix
    Last edited by Neoz; 2010-07-26 at 11:38 AM.

Generally have them on with vent loud enough that I can hear it over the sounds. If it's ever a bother I can just do a quick CTRL+S to turn it off anyway.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Deleted
    Nope, I don't. Usually I'm listening to podcasts while gaming and the combat sounds are just annoying then.
    When raiding I'd love to hear the bosses but unfortunately the boss voices are bound to the same setting as the combat sounds.... fucking sucks.
    Same goes for music. I love the Wotlk music but just interferes with the podcasts, music etc. I'm listening to.
    Pretty much the only game sounds I hear are the sounds of addons, warnings, errors etc.

On new bosses, new tactics I lower the sound so I can hear vent. Music off.
    On farm bosses all is on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the ingame sound. I turn it down a bit when I'm on Vent. I think there must be a way to squelch the game when someones talking, but I dont know how.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Can't play any games with sounds off; it's just... unsettling.

i always play with ingame sounds on, it just makes fights easier as you can hear procs going off. it's never interfered with my vent/TS as i never have game sounds up that loud, just loud enough that i can hear the important things, boss emotes, trinket procs, spell procs, DBM warnings.

my GF plays without sound and i honestly dont know how she does it, must be something to do with playing a holy priest.... i just cant live without those extra bits of information that tell me something is happening without having to take my eyes off of whatever i was doing to check my buffs/debuffs.

i always play with sound on, very quiet mind you but on non the less. i just cant stand not hearing the combat sounds, makes the game feel too disconnected and im just spamming buttions.