Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its true that hes leader of druids and is neutral to horde and alliance squabbles.

BUT if push comes to shove and Night elfs are threatened no doubt he would step in and help them against horde. Since Tyrande is his love for ages and i really doubt he would stand by and let her get into danger or even Shandris for that matter since shes like daughter to Tyrande.

So while hes neutral now while mostly hotheads making war or in horde case whiney emo orc gonne brave and mighty and full with bloodlust(yes i do hate Garrosh) he will stay neutral. But if u threaten his people he will go "pwning" horde to left and right.

And only reason he was working with horde and was neutral in WC3 was there was no other way to beat Burning legion simple as that.
    Last edited by Shanona; 2010-07-26 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Considering Malfurionn not helping the horde means letting the world get taken over ya...

Cenarius started the attack and considering what that made the orcs do I would think a wise demigod would feel remorse for his rash behavior rather than blaming them like a child.

Malfurion isn't a tool for war, his powers are mostly used to help the world. Not kill some orcs cutting trees for lumber.

I can't wait for you to realize how silly you are being.
    Malfurion didnt need the hordes help to fight the Burning legion on there first invasion. All he had were NEs, dwarves, and tauren.

Cenarius was angry cause there were so many forest tainted by the burning legion and the orcs are destroying one of the last forest not tainted. Being the demigod of nature plays a big role in it to.

He fought the burning legion multiple times+ the scourge his powers are used both for war and helping the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanona View Post
    Its true that hes leader of druids and is neutral to horde and alliance squabbles.

BUT if push comes to shove and Night elfs are threatened no doubt he would step in and help them against horde. Since Tyrande is his love for ages and i really doubt he would stand by and let her get into danger or even Shandris for that matter since shes like daughter to Tyrande.

So while hes neutral now while mostly hotheads making war or in horde case whiney emo orc gonne brave and mighty and full with bloodlust(yes i do hate Garrosh) he will stay neutral. But if u threaten his people he will go "pwning" horde to left and right.
    I doubt he has time considering good old Raggy is trying to torch stuff.

I don't think Azeroth will be a safer place if it has more trees.
    Ok lets get rid of the world tree then. That wuld make a good amount of lumber right? i mean who needs tees anyway. *sarcasm* if u needed help noticing that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkiller95 View Post
    Malfurion didnt need the hordes help to fight the Burning legion on there first invasion. All he had were NEs, dwarves, and tauren.

Cenarius was angry cause there were so many forest tainted by the burning legion and the orcs are destroying one of the last forest not tainted. Being the demigod of nature plays a big role in it to.

He fought the burning legion multiple times+ the scourge his powers are used both for war and helping the world.
    The burning legion want the world destroyed and so does the scourge. The horde and alliance simply want each other dead. Killing one side wont save the world.

---------- Post added 2010-07-26 at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gkiller95 View Post
    Ok lets get rid of the world tree then. That wuld make a good amount of lumber right? i mean who needs tees anyway. *sarcasm* if u needed help noticing that
    Pfft cant get rid of that! That is our last weapon in dire times! How you ask? Simple if we find ourselves being overwhelmed we blow it up! Not sure how it helps but boy does it look cool!

Considering Malfurionn not helping the horde means letting the world get taken over ya...
    He doesn't need to help the Horde - just those that are ensuring the survival of Azeroth, aka the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring. I didn't know that the Horde, in it's entirety, was devoted fully and absolutely to the situation at hand. Garrosh doesn't seem all too keen on it, but I guess he's just shy about his devotion to the cause. ( In all fairness, he might be, who knows? It's still Beta. )

Cenarius started the attack and considering what that made the orcs do I would think a wise demigod would feel remorse for his rash behavior rather than blaming them like a child.
    How dare Cenarius, a demi-god of the forests and nature, feel anger at the forests of his people's territories(let alone the fact that they're trees) being cut down en masse. The gall of the man, to perhaps still have harsh feelings for a faction that not only killed him, but continues the deforestation up to and including his return to Azeroth. You're right - he should just laugh it off and clap Garrosh on the back. 'No hard feelings, eh?'

Malfurion isn't a tool for war, his powers are mostly used to help the world. Not kill some orcs cutting trees for lumber.
    Malfurion isn't a tool for war, but he is capable of going to war if it threatens his people. If the deforestation continues those Orcs will be wiped out to a man. I doubt the new Warchief will appreciate the concept of his war machine being depleted of lumber. Trickle down the hill until you see what happens at the end of this scenario. ( Hint: Malfurion probably won't stand aside while Teldrassil comes under siege. )

I can't wait for you to realize how silly you are being.
    It's rational thought, based on previous events in the history of the storyline. The problem with thinking clearly however, is the rash of 'LOLURALLYFAGFANBOY' that's been going around. =<

Quote Originally Posted by Gramlen View Post
    Um, if you tried to hit my wife, I'm pretty sure I won't be giddy with glee to help you out in the future.
    Yeah, how fortunate it is for us then that killing faction leaders is not officially recognized as actually lore occurance. Meaning as far as the game is concerned, after I'm done sacking Tyrande and burning her house down, an hour later she respawns and doesn't remember any of it. Then I can ride circles around Malfurion with my new bear mount and he's "meh, whatever."

It's game mechanics, nothing more, so getting pissy that Mal isn't slaughtering Horde for us "killing" his wife is flat retarded. :P

I'm curious in regards to how Cenarius is going to handle the aspect of the Horde being a major contributor to the Cenarion Circle....since, you know, someone under Horde colours killed him the last time he was around.
    I don't know. Maybe because he's an ancient who doesn't look at things with a blood and vengeance attitude like we tend to do, and for some reason expect others to? Maybe because he realizes that just the defenders of Hyjal and the Alliance is not enough to get the job done, and he needs the Horde to do it too? Maybe he's wise enough to realize that labeling an entire race as murderers for the actions of few is fucking retarded as well?

I think you might have to ask Blizzard about his reasons.

It's called a cease-fire of convenience - the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Though I'm sure when Ragnaros is handled and Nordrassil is protected, and the mass deforestation of Ashenvale is accounted for in it's scale by a Druid who's duty is protect the very nature that's being clear-cut/harvested/butchered, the enemy of my enemy becomes the enemy that is killed next.
    You know what? You're right. They probably should. And after they've successfully tossed all the orcs out of Ashenvale and secured their homelands, I'm thinking that Malfurion and Cenarius should both take the Silverwing Sentinals aside and have them explain exactly why they seem to need arch-druids and demi-gods to keep bailing them out of hot situation and doing their jobs for them. I don't recall the orcs using anything special that the night elves shouldn't have been able to defend against, yet this is the second (or is it third now?) time their getting their asses whipped by the orcs.

I can't wait for kids like this to start screaming 'OMFG IMBA' when the ball rolls out of their side of the court.
    WTF are you talking about? That shit already is happening on a daily basis from both sides. Just how many "OMG Blizzard Favors [OTHER_FACTION] In Cata, They get all these lands!" threads do you see these days? I choose not to get involved in threads like that other than to occasionally let them know that they are slightly misinformed, but mostly I have more important things to bitch about, thanks.
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-07-26 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsteve View Post
    This character in lore has always been neutral. All these morons who claim he is a alliance hero turned neutral need to go read up on there lore a bit.
    It only makes sense for malfurion to stay neutral until the orcs finish cutting down his home. Same thing with cenarius just because he was killed by the orcs doesnt mean they cant be friends. Do you see how all that makes sense. Im sure that blizzard intends to make Malfurion neutral for Hyjal however he replaces Fandral Staghelm a level ?? alliance druid in darnassus. you are only predating to the point where the alliance and the horde came together to stop the legion but now that hes back and with the way the new horde is im sure id be seeing Malfurion going around using wrath on horde when they invade darnassus.

How dare Cenarius, a demi-god of the forests and nature, feel anger at the forests of his people's territories(let alone the fact that they're trees) being cut down en masse. The gall of the man, to perhaps still have harsh feelings for a faction that not only killed him, but continues the deforestation up to and including his return to Azeroth. You're right - he should just laugh it off and clap Garrosh on the back. 'No hard feelings, eh?'
    i laughed a little =)

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't need to help the Horde - just those that are ensuring the survival of Azeroth, aka the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring. I didn't know that the Horde, in it's entirety, was devoted fully and absolutely to the situation at hand. Garrosh doesn't seem all too keen on it, but I guess he's just shy about his devotion to the cause. ( In all fairness, he might be, who knows? It's still Beta. )

Malfurion isn't a tool for war, but he is capable of going to war if it threatens his people. If the deforestation continues those Orcs will be wiped out to a man. I doubt the new Warchief will appreciate the concept of his war machine being depleted of lumber. Trickle down the hill until you see what happens at the end of this scenario. ( Hint: Malfurion probably won't stand aside while Teldrassil comes under siege. )

It's rational thought, based on previous events in the history of the storyline. The problem with thinking clearly however, is the rash of 'LOLURALLYFAGFANBOY' that's been going around. =<
    Doesn't need the help of the world? Thrall doesn't count as a horde anymore because he is saving the world?

Night elves and friends made a lot of bad calls on attacking early. If you're saying Cenarius is going to hold a grudge over losing a battle he started that long then why don't we just call him a kid? The one who kiled him is dead, is he supposed to feel like the guy's son did something to him? He is a demigod not a child. He isn't going to refuse help that they need to deal with the invaders simply because their leader is the son of a guy who killed him.

Malfurion has bigger problems than a forest getting cut down. While if he had the time he probably would do something but it would most likely be diplomatic stuff at first, he just doesn't have the time.

Yeah, how fortunate it is for us then that killing of faction leaders is not officially recognized as actually lore ocarance. Meaning as far as the game is concerned, after I'm done sacking Tyrande and burning her house down, an hour later she respawns and doesn't remember any of it. It's game mechanics, nothing more, so getting pissy that Mal isn't slaughtering Horde for us "killing" his wife is flat retarded. :P
    You don't know how the story will end - neither do I. It's all conjecture at the moment, and for all we know something could happen that might push Malfurion over the Alliance. Or maybe it might not. Regardless, hiding behind the idea of 'its game mechanics lol' doesn't hold much water when the argument was based on what would happen in the lore of the game, rather then a group zerging her down while the lowbie questgivers watch. Cute that you needed to hide behind that, though.

I don't know. Maybe because he's an ancient who doesn't look at things with a blood and vengeance attitude like we tend to do, and for some reason expect others to? Maybe because he realizes that just the defenders of Hyjal and the Alliance is not enough to get the job done, and he needs the Horde to do it too? Maybe he's wise enough to realize that labeling an entire race as murderers for the actions of few is fucking retarded as well?
    Oh, I'm sure he wouldn't hold everyone accountable. Just he son of the man that drank demon's blood fully understanding the consequences and brought that taint into forests under his protection. The son of the man that killed him. Oh look - that son is leading the Horde.

You know what? You're right. They probably should. And after they've successfully tossed all the orcs out of Ashenvale and secured their homelands, I'm thinking that Malfurion and Cenarius should both take the Silverwing Sentinals aside and have them explain exactly why they seem to need arch-druids and demi-gods to do their jobs for them. I don't recall the orcs using anything special that the night elves shouldn't have been able to defend against, yet this is the second (or is it third now?) time their getting their asses whipped by the orcs.
    So your defense to the concept of the Horde being pushed out of Ashenvale after the situation with the World Tree is handled is....that the Horde didn't need outside forces to handle the conflict? That the Night Elves shouldn't have used every resource at hand to drive invaders from forests that they have lived in for thousands of years? Invaders that are not only settling in their forests, but deforesting wherever they go? What?

Doesn't need the help of the world? Thrall doesn't count as a horde anymore because he is saving the world?

Night elves and friends made a lot of bad calls on attacking early. If you're saying Cenarius is going to hold a grudge over losing a battle he started that long then why don't we just call him a kid? The one who kiled him is dead, is he supposed to feel like the guy's son did something to him? He is a demigod not a child. He isn't going to refuse help that they need to deal with the invaders simply because their leader is the son of a guy who killed him.

Malfurion has bigger problems than a forest getting cut down. While if he had the time he probably would do something but it would most likely be diplomatic stuff at first, he just doesn't have the time.
    To be fair, Thrall is becoming neutral the same way Malfurion is becoming neutral. Alliance will get the quests to start into Deepholme from him the same way Horde players will (at least I think) and probably any interactions after the fact through those quest chains.

Also, I can't fault Cenarius at all for attacking Grom and the rest of the orcs. How would you feel if someone came to your house and started chopping it down because they said they needed the wood that was used to make it. I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Still, see above quote about his current attitude towards Horde. A lot of people are expecting that he should hate everything that stands under the Horde banner but that's just a lot of people projecting their own pissed off ideals onto important lore characters. Fortunately Blizzard knows how to do it better than they do.

You don't know how the story will end - neither do I. It's all conjecture at the moment, and for all we know something could happen that might push Malfurion over the Alliance. Or maybe it might not.
    Exacta. We can speculate about the story all we want but us players are correct in our speculations roughly 1% of the time, give or take.

Regardless, hiding behind the idea of 'its game mechanics lol' doesn't hold much water when the argument was based on what would happen in the lore of the game, rather then a group zerging her down while the lowbie questgivers watch. Cute that you needed to hide behind that, though.
    Ah sorry, here was I was thinking that everyone was bitching up a storm because a bunch of Horde just went in, killed Tyrande for their achievement, and now Malfurion's still giving them quests in Hyjal. I guess I missed the part where it was just more lore speculation.

In that regard, yes. If it happened in actual lore, Mal would be frickin' furious and would probably lead the entire forest of trees south and sink Orgrimmar right into the sea. That should actually be fuckin' obvious to just about anyone. And just how giddy this must make some fuck heads out there I can't begin to fathom, but like I said it's still just speculative theory.

Oh, I'm sure he wouldn't hold everyone accountable. Just he son of the man that drank demon's blood fully understanding the consequences and brought that taint into forests under his protection. The son of the man that killed him. Oh look - that son is leading the Horde.
    So in your mind the son is guilty for the sins of the father. Right. Read what I said above about projecting one's own ideals onto other characters please.

So your defense to the concept of the Horde being pushed out of Ashenvale after the situation with the World Tree is handled is....that the Horde didn't need outside forces to handle the conflict? That the Night Elves shouldn't have used every resource at hand to drive invaders from forests that they have lived in for thousands of years? Invaders that are not only settling in their forests, but deforesting wherever they go? What?
    Well for one thing, you're misquoting me. I actually do agree that once the Hyjal mess is taken care of then Malfurion and Cenarius should head down and purge all orcs out of Ashenvale. I would be okay with that. It is their home after all. ...actually I would think that Malfurion, being the world's most powerful druid, should then head out and help Thrall take care of the little problem of keeping Azeroth from crumbling into Deepholme, but that's just me.

And as far as the night elves using resources against invaders from forests, I would really think they should not need a whole lot of resources to defend those lands. It's basically like watching Fremen desert warriors losing to a pack of fucking Harkonnens. It shouldn't happen, but for some reason it did. Twice. :P

Maybe it's the goblin shredders they can't handle? Those things did chop trees down pretty fast and took away a lot of the night elves forest cover, so maybe that's why the orcs were able to kick their asses? So, if that's the case, I probably can't blame them too much if they were to go get Cenarius and say "hey, we really can't handle these guys, we need you to come help us."
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-07-26 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    To be fair, Thrall is becoming neutral the same way Malfurion is becoming neutral. Alliance will get the quests to start into Deepholme from him the same way Horde players will (at least I think) and probably any interactions after the fact through those quest chains.

Also, I can't fault Cenarius at all for attacking Grom and the rest of the orcs. How would you feel if someone came to your house and started chopping it down because they said they needed the wood that was used to make it. I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Still, see above quote about his current attitude towards Horde. A lot of people are expecting that he should hate everything that stands under the Horde banner but that's just a lot of people projecting their own pissed off ideals onto important lore characters. Fortunately Blizzard knows how to do it better than they do.
    Didn't Cenarius attack them thinking they were allied with the burning legion or something? Can't remember. But ya the elves and their friends lacked communication skills back then...

But really they killed him in self defense.

I'm thinking it won't be that he's holding a grudge, in that the son of the man that killed him last while the Horde were deforesting Ashenvale is now Warchief of that same Horde, deforesting that same forest. It wouldn't be hard to have reservations in that, regardless of what is going on. Everyone seems to put a lot of weight on 'oh he's a god, he wont get mad' concept; how do we know that? He was mad enough to intervene the first time; why not again?

I hope this becomes part of the story - I am curious to see the full situation of Tyrande leading the Night Elves and Malfurion wanting to but not having the time to undertake all the responsibility play out. Could be interesting, if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it won't be that he's holding a grudge, in that the son of the man that killed him last while the Horde were deforesting Ashenvale is now Warchief of that same Horde, deforesting that same forest. It wouldn't be hard to have reservations in that, regardless of what is going on. Everyone seems to put a lot of weight on 'oh he's a god, he wont get mad' concept; how do we know that? He was mad enough to intervene the first time; why not again?

I hope this becomes part of the story - I am curious to see the full situation of Tyrande leading the Night Elves and Malfurion wanting to but not having the time to undertake all the responsibility play out. Could be interesting, if anything.
    Well he has had a lot of time to think over it, I would assume he is at least at the level were common sense works on him and he accepts that without their help they will be in grave danger.

I would assume he would still write notes to her reminding her to not attack anything that she doesn't immediately recognize and not to free anything that is in a prison =P

And you haven't read War of the Ancients.
    Malfurion is:
    A. Married with Tyrande
    B. Cenarius Apprentice which was killed by the orcs

http://www.wowwiki.com/Malfurion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    And you haven't read War of the Ancients.
    Malfurion is:
    A. Married with Tyrande
    B. Cenarius Apprentice which was killed by the orcs
    You don't need a book to know that. Warcraft tells you

A. He doesn't support his wife's every decision and is flat out against some of them
    B. Cenarius was killed by orcs in self defense

And Cataclysm tells you that a guy of his power and wisdom won't be all like "SCREW AZEROTH I'M GETTING MAH REVENGE!"

He could kick any horde leaders ass in under 5 seconds. Blizzard would never allow a character with this power to be hostile to they're beloved faction.

Yea I went there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpdaderp View Post
    He could kick any horde leaders ass in under 5 seconds. Blizzard would never allow a character with this power to be hostile to they're beloved faction.

Yea I went there
    Rhonin would summon his raptor army and crush both the horde and the alliance making himself the ruler of Azeroth so they made him neutral.

Yea I went there.

And Cataclysm tells you that a guy of his power and wisdom won't be all like "SCREW AZEROTH I'M GETTING MAH REVENGE!"
    Ye I know, Hordes are paying customers as well....