PVP Spriest with engineering question

Everything i've read says that I should be enchanting my gloves with the "Hand Rocket" engineering enchant. Looking at the damage it does though, and how you're giving up a direct spell power enchant, my question is... why?

Why not Hyperspeed Accelerator or even +Spellpower?

Can someone tell me why this is?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Hyperspeed accel is a MAJOR dps increase. I'm not sure how it stacks for priests but I have never taken the rocket over the haste.

The glove rocket is an absolutely core part of engineering for pvp, 28 spell power/ marginal haste buff that's temporary means nothing if you can't put out enough burst damage to kill targets,

The rocket glove is long range instant and off GCD aswell as able to crit, Bind it seperately to all your spells and make sure to use it when you're burning a target down.

I bind it to SW: D.

MB+SW: D+Hand Rockets = decent burst for shadow.

Hyperspeed is for PVE, all the way.

the idea is that hyperspeeds are better damage if you can stand and cast and have the gear to make it scale well

but most use the rocket anyway because it has invaluable benefits beyond just damage - such as its extremely long range (allowing you to get in combat faster and avoid a sap), its being an off-gcd nuke that you can use to stomp a tremor while fearing, its straight up burst (hyperspeeds take time to surpass the rocket's damage), and how it just looks sweet.

and we all know, if it doesn't look cool, it sucks

You know after using the rockets in some BG and Arena situations, they really are quite useful, especially against rogues.

One of my problems with rogues is that even if I survive their first round of stuns, they can cloak, vanish and start all over again.

Several times, i've managed to fire off my rockets, just as they cloak and stealth, but the rockets hit them AFTER they have stealthed, so they're brought into the open again.

I love them.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Several times, i've managed to fire off my rockets, just as they cloak and stealth, but the rockets hit them AFTER they have stealthed, so they're brought into the open again.
    You know how rogues always whine about vanish being broken? Yes, thats it.

Although I don't pvp much as Shadow, the accellerators depend on you being able to cast for the duration to make use out of them. The rocket, as others have said, in instant free damage - great in a burst combo to finish someone off.

I'm abusing pve gear in pvp so i'm scoring something around 3.3k sp 900haste 22% crit (hc DFO and 2 hc tier pieces along with 3x wrathful insets and wrathful offsets ) and i play shattercleave
    which means that while hero is active i can cast freely since i get no pressure at all.
    At that point i pop my accelerators and there is nothing i would change em with since the dmg that i produce like that is just insane.
    Besides hero i also pop accelerators when a kill is being set. CC on the healers -> pop accelerators -> explode the healer.
    Cheers
    Zoulis

A lot of arena situations call for utility and subverting resets - im no pro (1800) but as above, its sniping that tremor, unstealthing that rogue, a mage on 1500 hp about to evocate after los being hit for 3.5k. Me casting spell x faster is rarely needed, my existing haste makes stuff very difficult to kick etc.

I can just see a shaman crying at their grounding dying by a failed dot, my rocket getting tremor and then a howl sending both for an 8 second run, dropping out and having curse of tongues on them and my fel hunter devouring flameshock - 10 years later then get a non crit lava burst and their god damn rogue partner is under a hoj essentially - its a tool in the box, rather than just another stat boost.

I too thought about this for a while, and i'm not saying "when your as leet as me its obvious" but with a few hundred games I decided I agree with the general consensus.
    Last edited by blowbags2; 2010-07-29 at 11:42 AM.

Well as i can see u're a warlock so ur options to kill tremor are pet and rocket ( since well wasting a cast to kill tremor is not good )
    Shadowpriests on the other side have SW.... our fear is also on a 23sec CD so we have a SW everytime we wanna kill tremor. + All our dots are affected by haste and mind flay which means that more haste -> much more pressure on the opponent -> they go defensive -> i can freecast ( prolly by switching target too ) -> we win That's for 3s though and 5s...2s is another story :P a shadowpriest can never free cast xD
    Anw this is just my opinion i guess that the difference is at the play style
    Cheers
    Zoulis

15+ Year Old Account
    All hail Shadowword Smiley!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

300 haste can't keep rogues from restealthing from long distances.
    nuff said.

Its huge range is awesome to get in combat against rogues.
    <inactive>