Poll: What takes away your sleep?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Was a close one. It was between class balance (resilience never fixes shit) and release delay (soon BS). I actually think those tie for me. However, I don't think Blizzard can really afford a late release for this game for 2 reasons: 1) People are already bored to death of WotLK and 2) Star Wars: Old Republic is set to release in November and chances are if Blizzard still hasn't released Cataclysm by the time SW:OR comes out, there will be a mass exodus (at least for awhile) of WoW players to the new shiny MMO.

Almost epic that Blizzard is redoing the entire game right before SW:OR comes out. Its almost like history repeating itself since UO came out with AoS (total revamp of the entire game that was widely unpopular) right before SWG came out, and that drove more than half of the UO players to play SWG. Hopefully, Blizzard will have better luck.

---------- Post added 2010-07-26 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by piggyahoyhoy View Post
    If heroics are stupidly easy, please blizz, don't make them like wrath heroics. :'(
    There was nothing wrong with WotLK heroics. I think people are just used to overpowering them. However, when they first shipped most people didn't dare adventure into HOS/HOL or Occulus. Hell, people still bitch about Occulus. Make no doubt about it, in pre-200 gear, the last boss of HOL was a beotch and often a wipe fest. The system in place now (random dungeon system) won't even let you into the easiest heroic with gear equivalent to what most of us went into the hardest heroic available with back at release. So, in short, you can't balance heroics to be challenging to people in last tier gear, so they shouldn't be bitched at for not doing that.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    Yes it is.

And what the hell, the Kingdom of Spain? Seeeeeriously? I'm spanish and feel ashamed now.
    I love my banner, it has pretty colours and it tells everyone where i come from. Im from Barcelona, no regrets. And im no such nationalist from the Civil War, how should i care about events that happened long before me or my parents were born?

Ones like you are the true shame to Spain. People who dislike its own banner for the sake of senseless hatred... what harm did it to you? poor kid. If you feel out of place for being spanish take a boat and GTFO, if not show respect to your country

That or you are an Alliance player

ONTOPIC: dont derail this thread with your stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    I love my banner, it has pretty colours and it tells everyone where i come from. Im from Barcelona, no regrets. And im no such nationalist from the Civil War, how should i care about events that happened long before me or my parents were born?

Ones like you are the true shame to Spain. People who dislike its own banner for the sake of senseless hatred... what harm did it to you? poor kid. If you feel out of place for being spanish take a boat and GTFO, if not show respect to your country

That or you are an Alliance player

ONTOPIC: dont derail this thread with your stupidity
    LOL, really, what the hell? Whatever, I'm from spain and find that you've just said offensive.

On topic: "Resillience will fix it" I'd love to see PvP like on Vanilla, god... loved that, it was more about skill than about farming BG's and Arenas to get Resillience. That besides a Rated BG's fail would be crap. I hope to see good classic PvP with the rated BGs and less people coming to whore HK's

Hope they don't go WotLK-lazy on set design.

I.e. every single quest reward being the same re-colored model. Then the fail that was t9.

I will be immensely bummed out if they decided to cancel rated battlegrounds for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninbyo View Post
    The rated BGs are the primary thing I'm looking forward to PvP-wise. I couldn't care less about Arenas at this point, I just don't care for the team deathmatch in a tiny box game style (Some people do, and that's fine for them, I'd just like an alternative.)
    And I couldn't agree more with this.

I fully intend on making my Warlock my pvp toon and hopefully finding a guild dedicated to rated BGs.

I'm not afraid to see any of those things, since its pretty likely almost all of those will happen.

The only thing I'm really "afraid" to see is how much phasing affects the game. It looks like they might have gone overboard with it. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a single player game while leveling sometime down the road, never seeing anybody because nobody is at the same point in questing that you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    And what the hell, the Kingdom of Spain? Seeeeeriously? I'm spanish and feel ashamed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KinzoX View Post
    LOL, really, what the hell? Whatever, I'm from spain and find that you've just said offensive.
    And you're Spanish? If you were so, you should know that Spain is a Kingdom and as such, the spanish people owe allegiance to their King. I sincerely regret that you embarrass your own country, because that makes you stateless.

Recolored gear from the past... that was just pitiful when they revealed to us the, oh so new and exciting, tier 7

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd welcome a tier 1/2 recolor/minor-alterations with open arms

release delay ("soon" bullsht)
    Actually that would be a thing I'd like to see very much in a way. Blizzard announcing a release date of December the 12th for example and then in late-November announcing that it'll be delayed till January the 12th because [Feature] needs to be completely redone suddenly.

Just to show that the company still has that backbone to stare holiday revenue in the face and then slap it.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaisis View Post
    Recolored gear from the past... that was just pitiful when they revealed to us the, oh so new and exciting, tier 7
    I voted the same as i opened the poll.I foresee Draconian Defender on some PVE encounter, and not even recolored

blood elven paladins dying out was what I voted. I find their lore to be really interesting. I see the lore behind tauren paladins, but it's just not as good.

EDIT: plus, I really hate that "holy cow" bandwagon... lameness

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    I'm not afraid to see any of those things, since its pretty likely almost all of those will happen.

The only thing I'm really "afraid" to see is how much phasing affects the game. It looks like they might have gone overboard with it. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a single player game while leveling sometime down the road, never seeing anybody because nobody is at the same point in questing that you are.
    Whats with the picture of the old lady in your sig?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    Hope they don't go WotLK-lazy on set design.

I.e. every single quest reward being the same re-colored model. Then the fail that was t9.
    The quest items looked a lot better than the patchwork rainbow from BC. Everyone complained about how stupid the questing gear looked so blizzard replaced it and did a fairly decent job. Having the one design that altered slightly as gear got better was pretty cool. T9 was an epic fail though. It is alright now that it is heroic gear, but when you had to raid to get it it was such a disappointment. Hopefully they stick to class sets from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaisis View Post
    Everyone I know loved that they brought back T3 for the Naxx gear. T3 were some of the best sets in the game for most classes and it was widely celebrated that Blizzard was bringing back those sets that so few actually obtained during Vanilla. Plus why wouldn't they use the same item design if they are bringing back the same instance.

Rated bg's

I hope they don't mess it up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post

Hopefully they do go overboard with it. Leveling already feels like a single player game unless you go out of your way to group up with people for quests or join an instance group. The overuse of phasing allows them to greatly increase their story telling ability and flesh out the lore that is so important to the base of this game.

I've only got a few fears; That Cata's focus on 1-60 will cause the 80 elitist attitude to take over low-level game. Can you imagine queuing for Deadmines, and getting kicked because your DPS is too low, or your Gearscore is only 12, and they want at least 30?

Also: Full gnome guilds. Think about it people. They have healers now, and tanks, and both Physical and Magical DPS. We could see a terror the likes of which the world has never seen!
    Ashmit, 80 Human Priest - Ranald, 80 Human Deathknight - Aiera, 60 Human Mage
    Human Race, represent.
    Garrosh is a poopoo-face.

I'm sorry you both, Northem, and waiting. I started this where it shouldn't be done. Also I see now there's no point on arguing with you two, everything's pretty clear, so here it ends.

Another one:

Tier gear for badges

What I'm afraid of in cataclysm :

1.Recolored gear from the past (Unless its recolored T10 gear as greens/blues then I'm all for it lol)
    2.Release delay BS (As the poll said)
    3.Gear that just looks like crap period (WOTLK Greens/Blues for example ewww)
    4.That the massive quanity of players will result in the lvling experience being a frustrating gank fest
    5.That they might remove time warp from mages