Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I <3 Metzen but he needs to take a break. His voice is fine, but when it is coming out of the mouths of Thrall, Vol'jin, Neltharion, Nefarian, Ragnaros (if he reprises the role), Varian, etc, etc..... it's too much.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be A LOT worse. Metzen, we know you're awesome but don't hug all the VA glory.

As someone else said Blizzard should get some famous guy to do kost of the key characters' voices. Since we will here most of the key characters multiple times, those minor guys like Krom'gar, Thorim and multiple others could have the same VA as some other characters since most players will go "YeaWhatever" on the minor characters anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    cheaper and quicker than hiring voice actors? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    cheaper and quicker than hiring voice actors? :P
    If it's because of economical issues Blizz is cheap as hell..
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

10+ Year Old Account
    100%, pure, unadulterated...Bleh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the dragons all talk so low with their indoor voice. I thought Dragons were supposed to roar and speak louder and stuff :P

Meh, his voice is okayish. But it would have been nice to have a more calmer and in control voice rather than another generic, cackling shouting baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Sounds absolutely horrendous. Boring, reused skin with very little alterations with a boring, lame voice ran through a VOCoder to try to sound not like the average Joe it does.

Basically, I all hear is "I AM DEATHWING AND I MUST YELL BECAUSE APPARENTLY BEING EVIL MEANS YELLING AND MY BARITONE VOICE TOTALLY MATCHES MY ASPECT SIZE!"

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't know if I agree with it sounding horrendous. The voice sounds exactly like I thought it should/would, I mean seriously do you expect a gigantic dragon to have a high pitched voice and talk with a British accent?

My only complaint is that I am incredibly sick of Blizzard never springing for any voice acting outside of their own in house staff. I am so incredibly tired of every female boss having the same voice and nearly every male character being voiced by Metzan. It is frankly pretty shameful that all these epic bosses sound the exact same. How many billions has Blizzard raked in from Wow? You'd think they would be willing to invest a couple thousand into vastly improving the realism and quality of their biggest characters. They don't even have to sign some well known actor or something to do the voices, although having James Woods voice Deathwing would be the greatest thing ever imo. I'm sure there are thousands of non-name actors they could get on the cheap to do their voice work.
    Actually, Blizzard will commonly hire professional voice actors for their products.

Quote Originally Posted by TeXD View Post
    Meh, his voice is okayish. But it would have been nice to have a more calmer and in control voice rather than another generic, cackling shouting baddie.
    Just be glad you didn't hear how he used to sound when he was still stuck in the elemental realms (Or whatever it was). Constant "Thought they could imprison me did they, I'll show them, hahaha, I'll show them! They'll be the ones imprisoned if I have a say in it, hahaha!" and other such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I <3 Metzen but he needs to take a break. His voice is fine, but when it is coming out of the mouths of Thrall, Vol'jin, Neltharion, Nefarian, Ragnaros (if he reprises the role), Varian, etc, etc..... it's too much.
    It could be that they just need to get sound files into the game first, to see how it's supposed to be read. Remember, Arthas had a very different voice when the sell trailer for Wrath of the Lich King came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to get at least one more female voice actor. Is it too unreasonable to believe that there are some females who don't sound like Sindy/Deathwhisper?

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    I just want them to get at least one more female voice actor. Is it too unreasonable to believe that there are some females who don't sound like Sindy/Deathwhisper?
    We should combine this with that other voice acting thread that's active right now. Jesse Cox and TotalBiscuit should from now on handle all female voices.

I'm cool with Deathwing's voice.

In fact, I actually kind of like Metzen's voice, and I don't care much if it's used for a lot of characters.

The only time I don't like his voice is if two characters sound almost exactly the same (and I mean really close, not just "Like Metzen"). The only Metzen voices that are too similar to me, are Thrall and Nefarian.

Sinestra sounds like a mix of Sindragosa and Lady Deathwhisper, too similar for my liking as well.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-07-26 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I mean seriously do you expect a gigantic dragon to have a high pitched voice and talk with a British accent?
    AMG TotalBiscuit = Deathwing?

The jig is up!
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    AMG TotalBiscuit = Deathwing?

The jig is up!
    Deathwing is voiced by Michael Clark Duncan. Everybody knows that. Personally, I'd like Blizzard to hire somebody like Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, or Simon Templeman to voice Deathwing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Sylvanas is good too but I have heard her voice already. I think deathwings voice sounds ALOT like Mr. Freeze from that HORRIBLE batman staring George Clooney and Arnold shwartzcantspellhisname. He sounds more like deathwing later on in the video, not at the beginning. But deathwing's voice is alot harsher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0
    Do you know what killed the dinosaurs?
    THE ICE AGE

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen isn't that great of a voice actor. He sounds the same on every character he plays. Inflection, tone, whatever.

He fits Thrall though, but everyone else should've been voiced by a different actor.

Ahh, the poor fanboys that can't handle it when someone complains about how horribly lazy and inept Failtysm is turning out to be in the villian aspects. He sounds, and looks, horrendous. Putting a moronic facepalm meme picture simply because you can't deny it doesn't make you look intelligent and does quite the opposite.

(And I meant model, and not skin. My bad kiddies. Point still stands and is correct.)

Deleted
    WTS generic voices on wow.....anybody?