Thread: Bio: Delaina

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bio: Delaina

Name: Delaina (Last name unkown)

Race: Blood elf, Sin'dorei

Class: Mage

Appearance: Her blond hairs are dropping a couple inches below her shoulder line. Delaina prefers to wear her black silk robes with a cowl hiding much
    of her pretty face. If she decides to drop her cowl, her jade eyes were revealed along with the sorrow they reflected. She always travels light, just
    a small leather pack hanging on her side, containing food and other supplies.

Along her side stands a pitch black dog with fiery red eyes, "Shadow" she named him, for he always followed in her shadow.

Original home: Eversong Woods, just a little west of where the West sanctum now is.

Misc: Delaina was born as a mute and thus could not speak, though her mind had develloped at a high rate and she could enter ones mind, if not blocked,
    and speak trough thoughts. She had proved to have exceptional talent in her mental capabillitys which are still develloping at a high rate.

Alignment:
    True Neutral

Dislikes: Large crowds, Attention

Alliegences: None but herself, She does not serve any particular faction either.

Rank / Titles: People had called her "The silent" or "The mute".

Offensive Skills: Delaina dislikes fighting but if she is challenged she will use her mental fighting skills above physical magic, entering ones mind from
    distance and attempting to drive him crazy. Altering ones vision, making them see things which aren't actually there, or the other way around.
    If her attempts on ones mind had proved to fail, she will switch to physical magic though her skills in this are limited as she has not found anyone to
    train her in such things yet.

Example 1)
    Delaina has the ability to create an illusion of burning pain on her victims, making them feel the worst pain imaginable. When Delaina inflicts torture on her victim, it physically does nothing to them, as she only has the ability to trick the mind into thinking there is pain. Delaina can control how much pain she inflicts on her victim. The pain that Delaina inflicts is described as being like "burning" inside of the victim.

Defensive Skills:
    Again in defense she will try to enter your mind, much like the offensive she will alter your vision or simply attempt to drive you crazy.
    Her mental capabillitys allow her to sheild her own mind from enemy intruders aswell, guarding her thoughts or her mind. Recently Delaina has learnt how to push her mental forces out of her own mind and form a temporary invisible force field.

History:

Delaina was found as a baby in a basket by a single Blood elf mother named "Driana". With the basket came a little card with apologies from her supposedly
    real parents as they stated they could not raise this unexpected child. A single name was written at the bottom of the card: "Delaina".
    Driana raised her as of her own, at first uncertain what to do with the fact that Delaina could not speak, or make any sound at all. Untill Delaina entered her mind for the first time, discovering her mental capabillitys, leaving the hand gestures and notes they used to communicate before unnessecairy.

Delaina had always disliked crowds, each time somebody came to visit Driana she went out of the house, most of the time into the woods like this one night.
    She had wandered way to far into the woods, drifting away in her thoughts untill she heard a growling noise behind her, slowly turning around she faced a pair of fiery red eyes staring straight at her. She had tried to scream out of help but no sound echoed through the tree's and the dog had noticed her panic, slowly closing the distance between the two untill Delaina had entered his mind and begged him not to harm her.

The dog had stopped as it saw the fear in the girls eyes, their eyes were locked for a few more minutes as if trying to speak for themselves, untill the dog suddenly turned around and leaped into the darkness. Delaina had avoided those woods for the next couple days untill she had once again wandered there absently in her mind. Again getting caught by suprise as the two fiery orbs were staring straight at hers again, this time it was walking towards her as she stood there frozen in place.
    The pitch-black dog was now fully visible as it left the shadows and was now only a couple yards away from her, Delaina snapped out of her frozen state and felt herself walking towards it, as if.. as if wanting to touch it.

On its turn the dog stood still, his fiery red eyes still locked on Delaina's jade orbs, as she drew closer she stretched out her arm. Her mind was hesitating but her body was not, her fingertips touched the beasts black skin and she let them slide across it's body.
    The dog barked and pushed his head against her upper leg, as if trying to make friends. "Would you be my friend, Shadow?" she whispered to it's mind. The dog let out a long and deep howl before pushing her leg once more. "I will take that as a yes" she whispered it again.

Upon returning to her house she found the door broken open, hasitating to enter, she slowly entered her house as if she could feel something was wrong... very wrong. A branch cracked under the foot of something behind her and she instinctively jumped around eyeing the creature behind her, it was Shadow.
    Calming herself down she now atleast had backup and walked in the house, slowly but sure entering the living room.

Her eyes grew huge as she tried to let out a scream, Driana lay there on the floor, blood had poured all over the floor from the huge wound in her chest.
    Shadow let out a long howl as Delaina kneeled down besides the lifeless body, her jade orbs releasing a constant stream of tears. But behind her another presence reacted on the loud howl of Shadow and the both heard it. Behind them now stood a human, his sword drenched in fresh blood and his bag filled with Driana's riches.

Shadow now stood by her side, pulling his lips back to reveal his razor sharp teeth and growling through them as he did so. Delaina's eyes filled with rage now, "Why!" She screamed in his mind before filling it with chaos. "Why did you have to kill her!" She unleashed her full might into his skull, changing his vision of the area around him to his worst nightmares, his every thought lay revealed to her, with it revealing the purpose of his deeds, pure robbery. "You did not have to kill her!" Boomed through his head. His eyes revealing pure fear.

He had dropped on his knees, making himself as tiny as possible, like a small child in fear. Then his eyes opened so wide as pure agony entered his mind, it looked like they were to drop out of his skull as he screamed out in pain, a thousand knifes were making small stabs directly into his brain.
    Delaina grew satisfied by his display and conjured a lance of ice in her hand, hurling it towards the thief, piercing his heart with ease.
    His pain had ceased as he drew his last breaths, "You are forgiven" she whispered in his mind.

Her selfcontrol came back, together with the realisation of what she had just done, this and the lifeless body behind her made Delaina want to run away.
    She ran asfar as her legs could carry her, Shadow sprinting by her side, she ran without looking back.
    For the coming days, weeks, she was devastated and kept thinking about all that had happened, she cried every night.
    With time she managed to pull herself together and move on, slowly she started to enjoy the days again.

She was now exploring the world, Shadow never left her wake since that one night, though she never commands him to do anything as they are friends and not "Master" and "Dog". Travelling from settlement to settlement she explored the world, develloping her phsyicall and mental capabillitys along the road. When night fell she set up her tent and lies down by the fire, usually curled up against Shadow.

Delaina had thought herself to control water and ice with magic but never managed to do more then light a fire with her other magics, she had ordered herself to find a teacher who would be willing enough to teach her new ways of using magic and help her devellop her mental capabillitys. And only hoping that she would one day find the courage and strenght to return to the house and beg Driana for forgiveniss that she left her there like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated the story abit, still open for criticism!
    Last edited by Velena Theron; 2010-08-20 at 03:09 PM. Reason: History

Thankyou Scavvy for the awesome Sig!

From iPhone I can only say that for the age 110 is considered adult, so I would suggest around 80 or 85 for roughly fifteen years of age. I'll give more feedback once I am on my computer, tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also consider humans to be adults at the age of 15, Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone?

Deleted
    WoWwiki says that adulthood for high/blood elves is 60, but in brackets it says 110, so i think this can be left up to you. =P
    also, there isnt really a distinction of years for them, i think that from the intelligent races point of view the elves just live longer.

We use 110 years of age as adulthood on this website. It's to keep a standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing it then, thanks for making it clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    We use 110 years of age as adulthood on this website. It's to keep a standard.
    ahh, 110 then, i'll shut up. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Any suggestions on improvements? I want this character to become my main one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velena Theron View Post
    i noticed this typo, other than that i think the Bio is pretty solid, but thats not up to just me =P

I find it quite short as a history, but it is pretty complete considering her age. I don't see any major lore problems about her. I give you a go.

---------- Post added 2010-07-29 at 01:54 AM ----------

Also, reading it once through again, I notice that you have made no note of where she lives. I also find there is a gap between finding the dog and leaving her home. And what about her adoptive mother?

Just a few kinks here and there. Make sure to keep it flowing and logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated it abit, still contains some flaws, I will look over it again tonight.

Deleted
    Looks good, nice bio =]

Way better as for flowing... you still missed "WHERE" she was born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added the birth location, though it's going to hard to find a suitable rp for her atm, she needs some combat experience i guess

Deleted
    she could be a commander, not on the front lines at first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenthyr View Post
    she could be a commander, not on the front lines at first?
    A commander at fifteen? Not likely.

Deleted
    bah, damn my oversight. how about a strudel vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenthyr View Post
    bah, damn my oversight. how about a strudel vendor?
    Sorry if this is rash but... is this a pertinent comment? Or is it just to increase your post count? Please keep it at a constructive level please

Deleted
    Im actually trying to think of an appropriate palce for her character, but all i can think of is the Kalimdor thread, but as what?

---------- Post added 2010-07-30 at 02:43 PM ----------

She could just wander in, like a traveler, and she just gets caught up?