Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear God, that'll either revolutionise or slightly hurt the portn industry, because I doubt it'll ever completely die.

10+ Year Old Account
    One man made this happen. James Cameron

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Not really, seeing he filmed the movie in 3D. The only film i've seen that has beat JC's Avatar 3D was How to Train Your Dragon. Best 3D movie I've ever seen. The rest, meh, I don't mind it too much seeing as every single movie is being made into 3D. Only movies I plan to see in 3D, ever now is Jackass 3D and Tron Imax 3D, both filmed with 3D cameras, the rest, could care less. Just hope they're more worried about the actual story and characters in the movie instead of just making this scene look good in 3D and all of that. I'm just glad the, arguably, best directors are not hopping onto the 3D bandwagon. I.E Christopher Nolan, Edger Wright, Riddley Scott,(Though Bladerunner 3D could be cool in about 20 years when 3D is actually 3D with Holograms and such...) and now i'm just blabbering on.

Long story short. I can't complain about 3D as it has already gotten out of control and there is no sign of it stopping. You have a better chance of winning the lottery then you have a chance of going to a movie, and seeing a trailer for a movie that is NOT in 3D. So just get used to it, if 3D is not your taste and you want to see the movie, wait for it on DVD.

15+ Year Old Account
    It irritates me to see things like the Piranha movie in 3D. As if horror movies haven't used enough gimmicks already. I think it's definitely cool if it's done right but I'm not sure if "3D in your living room" is something I'd ever invest in. My cat would probably carry off the 3D glasses anyway.

you guys don't get to keep the glasses? here in the uk we do, and we get the movie cheaper if we bring our own 3d glasses, also yeah they are a bit annoying to wear over glasses but not so bad, some movies were good in 3d but others it does feel like they are hoping the 3d will make you go see it because you wouldn't if it was in 2d

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    you guys don't get to keep the glasses? here in the uk we do, and we get the movie cheaper if we bring our own 3d glasses, also yeah they are a bit annoying to wear over glasses but not so bad, some movies were good in 3d but others it does feel like they are hoping the 3d will make you go see it because you wouldn't if it was in 2d
    There's an option to keep them, unless you go to the IMAX you cant keep those. At the regular theater you can either drop them in a blue recycling box so they can be broken down, fixed, and reused, or keep them. And we also cant get the movie cheaper if we brought our own 3D glasses. I tried it a few times and they all gave me the same BS excuse. "You're paying extra for the projector, not the glasses". I don't have a problem with the current glasses though, their 200% better than watching a movie that's half blue half red.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    There's an option to keep them, unless you go to the IMAX you cant keep those. At the regular theater you can either drop them in a blue recycling box so they can be broken down, fixed, and reused, or keep them. And we also cant get the movie cheaper if we brought our own 3D glasses. I tried it a few times and they all gave me the same BS excuse. "You're paying extra for the projector, not the glasses". I don't have a problem with the current glasses though, their 200% better than watching a movie that's half blue half red.
    well we get them cheaper if we bring our own 3d glasses, but not as cheap as normal 2d movies, maybe a few quid off, the 3d glasses are definately better than what they used to be, i didn't notice they changed from the red and blue til i saw avatar, no so bad to put over my glasses, but it feels a little clunky.

Honestly, I think this whole 3D fad will only last a couple years at most, and die out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Honestly, I think this whole 3D fad will only last a couple years at most, and die out.
    I sure do hope so, it was alright that it was just on only every movie getting made but now that it's expanding to video games....blah. Oh, and a Justin Bieber movie, in 3D...

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure do hope so, it was alright that it was just on only every movie getting made but now that it's expanding to video games....blah. Oh, and a Justin Bieber movie, in 3D...
    Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    I watched Bloody Valentine in 3D, what a waste of money it was...

It`s only a fad.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

have people pay more money for the same movie.

It's only a fad, like yoyos. Personally I don't enjoy 3D at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got to see Avatar in 3D, but now that it's in theaters again I'll be all over it, and bitch about it I will not.

---------- Post added 2010-08-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

Whoa whoa Justin Bieber movie??? WHAT?!?!?!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I never got to see Avatar in 3D, but now that it's in theaters again I'll be all over it, and bitch about it I will not.

---------- Post added 2010-08-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

Whoa whoa Justin Bieber movie??? WHAT?!?!?!?
    http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/para...er-movie-deal/

Yup, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... and it's coming out Valentine's Day weekend... that kid seems to live only to piss me off it seems. The last sentence in that article made me lol I must say.

Deleted
    WTF??? Bieber is getting a 3D movie?! CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHOOT ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    I feel kinda the same way. Lets face it 3D movies are not really a new thing. Even the way they are projected is not that new, but still a few years ago it was a thing for theme parks and the few IMAX cinemas (which mostly show documentaries around here).
    Avatar hyped it into mainstream cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Agreed fully with this. Until they can make a 3D that doesn't involve wearing silly glasses I have no interest.